It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

New Piñatas • New Deals • Last Chances

The final 72 hours of Piñata Madness are here, and the mystery-sale bonanza grows bigger – today brings exciting new Piñatas and hot new offers!

If you haven't tried your luck yet, now's the time with new additions to the pool. These include: Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition 1 & 2, SWAT 4, Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines, NEO Scavenger, Wasteland 2, This War of Mine.
Plus all things Homeworld with Homeworld 1 & 2 Remastered, Deserts of Kharak, as well as the long-gone expansion – Homeworld: Emergence.

If you're not the type to smash Piñatas, there are new great games on sale right now so make sure to give it a browse – and while you're here, check out the Carmageddon 20th Anniversary Sale at 75% off!

--Original announcement--
Piñata Madness is back – meaning excitement, mystery, and exceptional deals on some of our favorite hand-picked titles.

What is Piñata Madness?
For $3, you can buy and smash your own digital Piñata, each holding one of 100+ mystery games worth anywhere from $5.99 all the way up to $44.99.
Visit your <span class="bold">Pinata hub</span>, where can buy, open, and see everything Piñata Madness!
Just like real-life Piñatas, they'll bring you joy, surprise, and reward. Unlike real-life Piñatas, ours drop really good games instead of candy – games like Pillars of Eternity, Shadow Warrior 2, Heroes of Might and Magic, Victor Vran, and more!
It's a great way to broaden your horizons and try out games you otherwise wouldn't, knowing you're always getting a deal that's worth it. And if you already own every game included in our Piñatas, each game you drop will be a giftable code so you share the joy with your friends.

Weekly Megasale
If you'd rather know exactly you're getting, check out the Weekly Megasale featuring great deals up to -90% on some of our favorite titles including Darkest Dungeon, Shadowrun: Hong Kong, Heroes of Might and Magic III, and more!

The Piñata Madness and Weekly Megasale last until August 21, 2017, 9:59 PM UTC.
high rated
elcook: Yes, we removed them from the sale already, as we needed to act fast. These were just a few titles
Looks like these are the games which have been removed from the regular sale:

Aliens versus Predator Classic 2000
Armikrog
Back to the Future: The Game
Bombshell
Day of the Tentacle Remastered
Little Big Adventure (Relentless: Twinsen's Adventure)
Little Big Adventure 2 (Twinsen's Odyssey)
Sam &amp; Max Beyond Time and Space
Sam &amp; Max Save the World
Sam &amp; Max: The Devil&rsquo;s Playhouse
Strong Bad's Cool Game for Attractive People
Tales of Monkey Island
The Walking Dead: Michonne - A Telltale Miniseries
EDIT: nvm, found out.

Have new games been added? I'm seeing the green button again, but I added 50 pinatas and it didn't turn gray. I'd hate to get a repeat and bother Support again.
Post edited August 16, 2017 by Starmaker
Starmaker: Have new games been added? I'm seeing the green button again, but I added 50 pinatas and it didn't turn gray. I'd hate to get a repeat and bother Support again.
May i ask how much does a pinata cost in your region ?
Starmaker: Have new games been added? I'm seeing the green button again, but I added 50 pinatas and it didn't turn gray. I'd hate to get a repeat and bother Support again.
Painted_Doll: May i ask how much does a pinata cost in your region ?
$1.69. (Obviously, I wasn't planning on buying 50, just checking if the green button is a bug. It was, but it works fine now.)
Kristian: So now I again own all the piñata games. I bought some more piñatas, I think all the games I got were from the Blue Moon Red Owl catalog. In any case I now all the games of that publisher.

elcook, hopefully you didn't miss my questions here(although I just experimentally discvored that the answer to the first question was yes): https://www.gog.com/forum/general/the_pinata_madness_sale_starts_now_98cd1/post386
elcook: It's not about running out of keys, it was a bug on our side that limited the pool of available games. This should be fixed by now, and with even more games added within the next days, this should not happen. If it does, please submit the issue to our support and they will refund your purchase.
So, does this mean that people who bough Pinata's at the start of the week have been affected by this bug? Does this mean, through no fault of their own, those customers have been adversley affected?
Starmaker: $1.69.
Thank you for the reply .
Croyzers: Are you able to confirm that if a person has got a game from this Pinata sale, and not downloaded or touched it, they they are entitled to a full refund of the price of the Pinata?
elcook: Yes, if you haven't downloaded the game you can reach out to our support for a refund.
Which is the case for EVERY game purchased on GOG according to GOG's own TOC.
Next game removed from the regular sale because of the Piñatas: <span class="bold">Kyn</span>
nooffence: Thanks a lot for such solution!

There was an issue with missing notification when buying one Piñata with duplicate, is it fixed already? Don't want to bother support with refunds anymore trying to catch fresh games in pool.
elcook: This should be fixed by now. But IF you end up with a duplicate, please reach out to our support for a refund - it will be done quickly.
eiii: Does that mean you are going to remove games from the regular sale, not only from the Piñata pool?

If you really do so would you please announce these games before you remove them from sale and give people enough time to buy them which do not like your gambling madness?
elcook: Yes, we removed them from the sale already, as we needed to act fast. These were just a few titles
Croyzers: Are you able to confirm that if a person has got a game from this Pinata sale, and not downloaded or touched it, they they are entitled to a full refund of the price of the Pinata?
elcook: Yes, if you haven't downloaded the game you can reach out to our support for a refund.
Hey elcook,

I was wondering what titles were included in the refund for being valued under the $3 on sale, at time of pinata purchase. I have a few games, but I didn't know if any of them were included, since the sales prices have since been adjusted.

I do remember having at least 1 that was under $3, and then a bunch others that were $2.99.
elcook: Hey all, as promised I’m back with some explanation and a solution for all who received a game in a Piñata, that was cheaper than a Piñata itself in certain regions due to local pricing.

First things first, to fix the situation for all future purchases, we’re removing from Piñatas the games that in some regions are available cheaper in the sale This means you won’t be getting those games popping out from Piñatas any more - feel free to buy them in the sale that is running alongside Piñata Madness. Since not everything can be fixed that way, we’re removing a few games from the sale.

Because the removal of games from Piñatas will decrease the overall pool of titles available to get from Piñata, we’re right now adding new games to the selection, and we’ll be adding more in the coming days, to cover the excluded ones. Those new additions are not available on sale, and their base price is at least $5.99 USD.

Last but not least, if you were affected by this issue, we have a solution for you. First, you are eligible to get a refund for such purchase (or refunds if you received multiple games that were cheaper than a Piñata) - just reach out to our support and ask for a refund which will be done as GOG Wallet funds. To make up for the trouble, we’re also going to give you a code for one free Piñata. The code will be provided to you by our support, and will need to be redeemed before the end of the Piñata Madness sale.

Once again, sorry for all the trouble and we hope this will address most, if not all of your concerns regarding this situation.

EDIT: small edit after Lemon_Curry's post :)
There is a possibility for thematic piñatas? For example, piñatas which only "contain" games of the same genre?
Once again, I'd like to ask for a link to the Weekly Megasale.
Starmaker: EDIT: nvm, found out.

Have new games been added? I'm seeing the green button again, but I added 50 pinatas and it didn't turn gray. I'd hate to get a repeat and bother Support again.
What exactly do you mean with green button? has the green "buy for $" button in the front page been grayed out for you before? because it always has been green for me no matter if there are still games I don't own or only duplicates left in the pool.

Btw, thank you gog for fixing that bug I did get quite a few of the games I was still missing according to the pinata tracker now, but not all before getting a duplicate again. have stopped buying after that duplicate but I would be very interested if there was any way for me to know before purchasing a pinata if it was a game I already own or not.
finkleroy: Once again, I'd like to ask for a link to the Weekly Megasale.
https://www.gog.com/games?price=discounted&amp;sort=date&amp;page=1

Except for the pre-orders all of these are part of the sale - 3 pages worth of games (change page at the bottom; "1 of 3")
Starmaker: EDIT: nvm, found out.

mchack: What exactly do you mean with green button? has the green "buy for $" button in the front page been grayed out for you before? because it always has been green for me no matter if there are still games I don't own or only duplicates left in the pool.

Btw, thank you gog for fixing that bug I did get quite a few of the games I was still missing according to the pinata tracker now, but not all before getting a duplicate again. have stopped buying after that duplicate but I would be very interested if there was any way for me to know before purchasing a pinata if it was a game I already own or not.
This is how it looks for me: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2M5u0V1WGSRYkFvM2xNXzFOTzA/view?usp=drivesdk
Croyzers: However, what GOG has done (and is still contiuning to do), is not inform people what games they will get for their money. Regardless of the quality of the games they get (which looks to be extremely low) people have the right to ask for a refund if what they get isn't suitable for them.

Of course, with the funds being relatively small, you might not bother. Fair enough. As has been said, you may just cut your losses. Gog have then been making money by blind selling you rubbish. Add in the fact, that not everyone will know they can refund their games, is a pretty shady business move by gog.
What GOG is doing is what other companies such as Humble and Groupees have been doing for the last couple of years: appealing to people's baser instincts with "The Mystery Game." The idea is that people who are normally cautious about what they spend can't pass up the chance at a bigger title for cheap. It works so well that Humble has based an entire monthly subscription service around it. I can't fault GOG for doing it, when it's obviously a moneymaker. GOG is still a business, after all. There's nothing shady about it; by its very nature, the buyer is aware that they may receive something they don't want.
Post edited August 16, 2017 by SpiderFighter