It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

New Piñatas • New Deals • Last Chances

The final 72 hours of Piñata Madness are here, and the mystery-sale bonanza grows bigger – today brings exciting new Piñatas and hot new offers!

If you haven't tried your luck yet, now's the time with new additions to the pool. These include: Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition 1 & 2, SWAT 4, Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines, NEO Scavenger, Wasteland 2, This War of Mine.
Plus all things Homeworld with Homeworld 1 & 2 Remastered, Deserts of Kharak, as well as the long-gone expansion – Homeworld: Emergence.

If you're not the type to smash Piñatas, there are new great games on sale right now so make sure to give it a browse – and while you're here, check out the Carmageddon 20th Anniversary Sale at 75% off!

--Original announcement--
Piñata Madness is back – meaning excitement, mystery, and exceptional deals on some of our favorite hand-picked titles.

What is Piñata Madness?
For $3, you can buy and smash your own digital Piñata, each holding one of 100+ mystery games worth anywhere from $5.99 all the way up to $44.99.
Visit your <span class="bold">Pinata hub</span>, where can buy, open, and see everything Piñata Madness!
Just like real-life Piñatas, they'll bring you joy, surprise, and reward. Unlike real-life Piñatas, ours drop really good games instead of candy – games like Pillars of Eternity, Shadow Warrior 2, Heroes of Might and Magic, Victor Vran, and more!
It's a great way to broaden your horizons and try out games you otherwise wouldn't, knowing you're always getting a deal that's worth it. And if you already own every game included in our Piñatas, each game you drop will be a giftable code so you share the joy with your friends.

Weekly Megasale
If you'd rather know exactly you're getting, check out the Weekly Megasale featuring great deals up to -90% on some of our favorite titles including Darkest Dungeon, Shadowrun: Hong Kong, Heroes of Might and Magic III, and more!

The Piñata Madness and Weekly Megasale last until August 21, 2017, 9:59 PM UTC.
The Piñata Madness is a really nice idea and it´s nice that there are only good games in it!

But... it makes absolutely no sense to buy a Piñata if you have games on Steam and other clients...
I dont want to get games that i already own on Steam for example...
Post edited August 16, 2017 by herraheri
elcook: Once again, sorry for all the trouble and we hope this will address most, if not all of your concerns regarding this situation.
Are you able to confirm that if a person has got a game from this Pinata sale, and not downloaded or touched it, they they are entitled to a full refund of the price of the Pinata?
nooffence: Thanks a lot for such solution!

There was an issue with missing notification when buying one Piñata with duplicate, is it fixed already? Don't want to bother support with refunds anymore trying to catch fresh games in pool.
This should be fixed by now. But IF you end up with a duplicate, please reach out to our support for a refund - it will be done quickly.
elcook: Since not everything can be fixed that way, we’re removing a few games from the sale.
eiii: Does that mean you are going to remove games from the regular sale, not only from the Piñata pool?

If you really do so would you please announce these games before you remove them from sale and give people enough time to buy them which do not like your gambling madness?
Yes, we removed them from the sale already, as we needed to act fast. These were just a few titles
elcook: Once again, sorry for all the trouble and we hope this will address most, if not all of your concerns regarding this situation.
Croyzers: Are you able to confirm that if a person has got a game from this Pinata sale, and not downloaded or touched it, they they are entitled to a full refund of the price of the Pinata?
Yes, if you haven't downloaded the game you can reach out to our support for a refund.
Post edited August 16, 2017 by elcook
SpiderFighter: I'd be curious to hear what happens, if you're willing to post a follow-up, please.
gamesfreak64: Thats strange cause if you buy the game for you own account they can see if you own it and this should prevent getting a game you already own.
Long while ago with the first pinatas i had different games and no doubles , but i bought them for my own account.
As for getting a game that would be 1 usd or 1 euro lower then what i paid for the pinata i would not mind that much to me... afteral you get a game you dont have, i would only complain if i got unusable games ( games you own)

Anyway they handled it very well and quite fast so i can say i am pleased with the support and have no complaints.

Croyzers: Yeah, I agree with you. The money involved in one sale isn't huge. For me though , it's the principle behind this sale that stinks - which to me is worth my free time.

I never thought I would see the day that somebody would write that about GOG, and I would actually agree with them.
gamesfreak64: Like i replied in my previous reply: i had some pinata things and they handled it very well, its a while ago and i havent had to refund or change anything ( i alway select my things carefully cause i am online to buy games and collect games not for asking refunds ( seems many steam users ask refunds for any silly reason, i jhave a lot of casual games at steam and only asked for refund once because i cant read russian and the game should have been in english)
and once a while you have to take ' your lossess' like you said, thats why at steam i get unknow games i am not sure of only if they are 50 cents to 1.5 euros ( donut and coffee are more expensive) so at extreme low price i dont complain if a game sux that was at sale for 99 cents :D

Anyway back on topic :i am a very carefull guy that always triplechecks, and today i made one silly click mistake and clicked the deadlight game that was offered free, it sounded familair but i thought lets take and try and see what it is
but i owned the game already, anyway i have the free gift code but it will expire i guess so i let the free code expire.

check screenshot
Hey, that's great the you have had good service with Gog on getting your refund.

I am going to say something about your scenario though: If you do buy games from Steam, which you know are crap (regardless of the price) and play them - then I can't see why would expect a refund.

However, what GOG has done (and is still contiuning to do), is not inform people what games they will get for their money. Regardless of the quality of the games they get (which looks to be extremely low) people have the right to ask for a refund if what they get isn't suitable for them.

Of course, with the funds being relatively small, you might not bother. Fair enough. As has been said, you may just cut your losses. Gog have then been making money by blind selling you rubbish. Add in the fact, that not everyone will know they can refund their games, is a pretty shady business move by gog.

Croyzers: Are you able to confirm that if a person has got a game from this Pinata sale, and not downloaded or touched it, they they are entitled to a full refund of the price of the Pinata?
elcook: Yes, if you haven't downloaded the game you can reach out to our support for a refund.
Thanks for confirming. I hope the people from earlier in this thread read this post and apply for refund.
Post edited August 16, 2017 by Croyzers
So now I again own all the piñata games. I bought some more piñatas, I think all the games I got were from the Blue Moon Red Owl catalog. In any case I now all the games of that publisher.

elcook, hopefully you didn't miss my questions here(although I just experimentally discvored that the answer to the first question was yes): https://www.gog.com/forum/general/the_pinata_madness_sale_starts_now_98cd1/post386
Post edited August 16, 2017 by Kristian
I was wondering if there was a bug or something, preventing the third pinata I bought some days ago to get aknowledged bei GOG Galaxy... After several hours I got two of them but the third is still missing. Should I ask support or just wait some more hours/days?
In addition to the Blue Moon Red Owl games I also got Legends of Eisenwald and Tempest.
Kristian: So now I again own all the piñata games. I bought some more piñatas, I think all the games I got were from the Blue Moon Red Owl catalog. In any case I now all the games of that publisher.

elcook, hopefully you didn't miss my questions here(although I just experimentally discvored that the answer to the first question was yes): https://www.gog.com/forum/general/the_pinata_madness_sale_starts_now_98cd1/post386
It's not about running out of keys, it was a bug on our side that limited the pool of available games. This should be fixed by now, and with even more games added within the next days, this should not happen. If it does, please submit the issue to our support and they will refund your purchase.
elcid_portal: I was wondering if there was a bug or something, preventing the third pinata I bought some days ago to get aknowledged bei GOG Galaxy... After several hours I got two of them but the third is still missing. Should I ask support or just wait some more hours/days?
If it's already more than 24 hours since your purchase, please contact our support.
Post edited August 16, 2017 by elcook
Thank you for your answer elcook :)

To the rest of you: They added some more games. Now I actually got my first duplicate, I guess that is the consequence of adding more than one piñata to the shopping cart at the same time.
elcook: To make up for the trouble, we’re also going to give you a code for one free Piñata. The code will be provided to you by our support, and will need to be redeemed till the end of the Piñata Madness sale.
You mean redeemed before the end of the sale, right? ;)

eiii: Does that mean you are going to remove games from the regular sale, not only from the Piñata pool?

If you really do so would you please announce these games before you remove them from sale and give people enough time to buy them which do not like your gambling madness?
elcook: Yes, we removed them from the sale already, as we needed to act fast. These were just a few titles
Now, that's just silly. Why on earth would you need to do that?
Post edited August 16, 2017 by Lemon_Curry
elcook: Hey all, as promised I’m back with some explanation and a solution for all who received a game in a Piñata, that was cheaper than a Piñata itself in certain regions due to local pricing.

First things first, to fix the situation for all future purchases, we’re removing from Piñatas the games that in some regions are available cheaper in the sale This means you won’t be getting those games popping out from Piñatas any more - feel free to buy them in the sale that is running alongside Piñata Madness. Since not everything can be fixed that way, we’re removing a few games from the sale.

Because the removal of games from Piñatas will decrease the overall pool of titles available to get from Piñata, we’re right now adding new games to the selection, and we’ll be adding more in the coming days, to cover the excluded ones. Those new additions are not available on sale, and their base price is at least $5.99 USD.

Last but not least, if you were affected by this issue, we have a solution for you. First, you are eligible to get a refund for such purchase (or refunds if you received multiple games that were cheaper than a Piñata) - just reach out to our support and ask for a refund which will be done as GOG Wallet funds. To make up for the trouble, we’re also going to give you a code for one free Piñata. The code will be provided to you by our support, and will need to be redeemed till the end of the Piñata Madness sale.

Once again, sorry for all the trouble and we hope this will address most, if not all of your concerns regarding this situation.
Thank you very much, guys from GOG. These things make you a reliable store.

How can I ask for this refunds and my free Piñata?
elcook: Hey all, as promised I’m back with some explanation and a solution for all who received a game in a Piñata, that was cheaper than a Piñata itself in certain regions due to local pricing.

First things first, to fix the situation for all future purchases, we’re removing from Piñatas the games that in some regions are available cheaper in the sale This means you won’t be getting those games popping out from Piñatas any more - feel free to buy them in the sale that is running alongside Piñata Madness. Since not everything can be fixed that way, we’re removing a few games from the sale.

Because the removal of games from Piñatas will decrease the overall pool of titles available to get from Piñata, we’re right now adding new games to the selection, and we’ll be adding more in the coming days, to cover the excluded ones. Those new additions are not available on sale, and their base price is at least $5.99 USD.

Last but not least, if you were affected by this issue, we have a solution for you. First, you are eligible to get a refund for such purchase (or refunds if you received multiple games that were cheaper than a Piñata) - just reach out to our support and ask for a refund which will be done as GOG Wallet funds. To make up for the trouble, we’re also going to give you a code for one free Piñata. The code will be provided to you by our support, and will need to be redeemed till the end of the Piñata Madness sale.

Once again, sorry for all the trouble and we hope this will address most, if not all of your concerns regarding this situation.
DiegoPonga: Thank you very much, guys from GOG. These things make you a reliable store.

Just contact our support via contact form at https://support.gog.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

elcook: Yes, we removed them from the sale already, as we needed to act fast. These were just a few titles
I have nothing against some madness sale for people which enjoy it to gamble, but when it harms the regular sale it's a very bad idea!

elcook: Yes, if you haven't downloaded the game you can reach out to our support for a refund.
OK, that's at least some good news, which, as I'm not able to restrict the selection to games which are compatible with my OS, may even let me try the Piñatas. But are you sure about that? It will give you a lot of support requests...
Post edited August 16, 2017 by eiii
DiegoPonga: Thank you very much, guys from GOG. These things make you a reliable store.

elcook: Just contact our support via contact form at https://support.gog.com/hc/en-us/requests/new
Thanks a lot!

By the way, if I get a new piñata and I just don't like the game, can I give it to a friend?
MarkoH01: Don't know if it has been said already but imo it is a very bad idea that Pinatas will automatically added to your account. It would be better for us AND GOG if we would get codes we could gift away or trade. Now I buy a Pinata I don't want and (not using my legal right of withdrawal from contract) I would hide from my library. Yay - $3 hidden away from me. No fun. If I would get a code I could still try to trade it or to give it away for free to make other people happy. So this way I would buy a lot more Pinatas. A very, very, very bad decision for us as well as for GOG. But it's not the first time GOG has not thought something completely out until the end.
Agreed. I would've considered participating if pinatas gave out codes.