It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Ten of 2016’s niftiest releases and a limited selection of wonders on sale now.

2016 had its rough spots, but surely we can all agree on one thing: it's been a delightful year for video games. To cap it off, we’re putting ten great releases from this year on sale, alongside bundles of classics and modern wonders in the Goodbuy 2016 Sale!

Obviously, the hardest part has been picking just ten games. Through a particularly scientific process that may or may not have included copious amounts of eggnog and missing teeth, we have whittled down the list of GOG.com’s <span class="bold">10 Good Buys of 2016</span> (in no particular order) to:

<span class="bold">INSIDE</span>
The horrific, twisted, and morbidly beautiful followup to LIMBO is one of the most memorable experiences of the year and a damn fine puzzle-platformer to boot.

<span class="bold">Owlboy</span>
A endearing piece of pixel-art that warmed your hearts with its quirky cast of characters and unique platforming mechanics, which let you carry around those you care about.

<span class="bold">Starbound</span>
Recently updated and chock-full of fun activities and adventuring opportunities, Starbound is one of our year's most promising InDev graduates.

<span class="bold">Stardew Valley</span>
Simple, addictive, and endless, the absolute indie hit of the year (developed by just ONE guy) made us all into accomplished farmers, explorers, harvesters, and lovers.

<span class="bold">Grim Dawn</span>
Some here say that isometric aRPGs have a new king and that he's wearing some stunning gear, yields devastating weapons, and murders things with just a few mouseclicks.

<span class="bold">Obduction</span>
A spiritual successor to Myst from the magicians behind the original series, this first-person adventure transported us to stunning worlds, where the familiar and the strange collide.

<span class="bold">Darkest Dungeon</span>
Brutal and unforgiving, this roguelike dragged us down to the depths of despair before giving us a glimpse of hope in the form of a well-timed critical hit. Then our team died. Again.

<span class="bold">Day of the Tentacle Remastered</span>
Tim Shaffer's offbeat point'n'click reminded us of the art of time-travel thanks to the tastefully updated presentation now enhancing its impeccable puzzle design and timeless humour.

<span class="bold">The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Blood and Wine</span>
Geralt's last hurrah was a dark, whimsical, and occasionally emotional adventure in the breathtaking region of Toussaint, the perfect farewell to our battle-hardened, award-winning hero.

<span class="bold">Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun</span>
The game that single-handedly revived the stealth/tactical genre made popular by Commandos. The amazing Japanese setting and fine-tuned gameplay definitely played a role in that.

You can also round out your collection with a selection of classics and modern gems up to 90% off, including Neverwinter Nights 2, Homeworld Remastered, Rebel Galaxy, The Elder Scrolls: Morrowind, Grim Fandango Remastered, and Fallout 1 & 2, to name a few. Plus, scratch that sudden STAR WARS itch with bundles including Rogue Squadron 3D, Battlefront II, Shadows of the Empire, Galactic Battlegrounds, Knights of the Old Republic, and more.

Plus, for the first time ever, Blood and Wine, Hearts of Stone, and the <span class="bold">The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Expansion Pass</span> for the The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt are 40% off! If you haven't upgraded to GOTY yet, this is the best way to leave the year on a high note.

The Goodbuy 2016 Sale might not be huge, but you’re guaranteed to find plenty of awesome games to add to your collection. The sale will last until December 28, 10:59 PM UTC.
guppy44: I can't remember if I've asked this before, but is there any reason to buy the Fallout games if I own the Classic versions from Interplay's catalog before rights switching? I believe the Classic versions are censored and I'm wondering if the Bethesda ones are as well. I've read the patches for uncensoring don't fully uncensor them, so I'd like the games in their original form.
No reason to buy the new ones.
If I recall correctly, the new ones might be missing an extra or two (like a soundtrack or something). In other words, the old ones are better.

It's the reason why they are a separate product ID and the new ones aren't showing as owned.
Post edited December 28, 2016 by RWarehall
guppy44: I can't remember if I've asked this before, but is there any reason to buy the Fallout games if I own the Classic versions from Interplay's catalog before rights switching? I believe the Classic versions are censored and I'm wondering if the Bethesda ones are as well. I've read the patches for uncensoring don't fully uncensor them, so I'd like the games in their original form.
Don't bother spending your money. They are exactly the same game (in fact, they even have the same installer!)
ofthenexus: I picked up Arx and Age of Decadence.

I'm excited to give Arx another shot finally. A corrupt savefile two moves ago wrecked it for me back then.

And AoD looks like just the thing to shake off some holiday cheer.
Dont forget to install Arx Libertatis!
http://arx-libertatis.org/
Didn't notice that Worms Armageddon was this low until now. Think it will return again soon?
Arx and Saboteur taken down! Many thanks ;)
RWarehall: No reason to buy the new ones.
If I recall correctly, the new ones might be missing an extra or two (like a soundtrack or something). In other words, the old ones are better.

It's the reason why they are a separate product ID and the new ones aren't showing as owned.
Thanks for the reply! If the actual game is the same then there's certainly no need to buy them again. The OCD in me wants them to show as owned, but not that badly. :)

Grargar: Don't bother spending your money. They are exactly the same game (in fact, they even have the same installer!)
The same installer?! That's kind of funny. Well thank you for the information. If they're identical in game files and both censored then I don't see a need to buy them again. Thank you! ^_^
Ixamyakxim: LOL

"Merry Feast of the Eternal Sun. While you were out revelling at the feast I invited you too, my men raped and murdered your wife, then burned down your palazzo."
...and that is the good ending...

I'm excited to give Arx another shot finally. A corrupt savefile two moves ago wrecked it for me back then.

OPstrator: Dont forget to install Arx Libertatis!
http://arx-libertatis.org/
I appreciate, and am already using. Many thanks for the good looking out.
Post edited December 28, 2016 by ofthenexus
Painted_Doll: Are these mods work with the Gog version of Stardew Valley ?

StarDew Valley ModManager
CJB Cheats Menu
CJB Item Spawner
CJB Automation Mod
Farm Expansion
They certainly should work. Just make sure to go into SDVMM's Settings menu and set "Is GOG Version" to True.

EDIT: Since it sounds like you're already familiar with Stardew Valley, before you buy, be aware that some people have reported issues if you have both the GOG and Steam versions installed on the same computer!

https://www.gog.com/forum/stardew_valley/whats_wrong_with_your_version_gog

Uninstalling either version should fix the problem.
Post edited December 28, 2016 by Blackdrazon
Blackdrazon: They certainly should work. Just make sure to go into SDVMM's Settings menu and set "Is GOG Version" to True.

EDIT: Since it sounds like you're already familiar with Stardew Valley, before you buy, be aware that some people have reported issues if you have both the GOG and Steam versions installed on the same computer!

https://www.gog.com/forum/stardew_valley/whats_wrong_with_your_version_gog

Uninstalling either version should fix the problem.
Thanks .