It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Can I have Grim Legends 2: Song of the Dark Swan?
May I also have Screencheat?
May I have Shadowrun Returns Deluxe?
Putting in a request for Tricky Towers to scratch my tetris itch.
Was wondering zeo, can you help to get access denied to forgotten places? O.o
Hello and good morning!

May I ask for "Doodle God: 8-bit Mania"?
Right, so, I see Finkleroy's already been here and addressing questions/concerns, so thanks to him for that. Just gonna stop by to answer all the comments here and grant some of the last requests of the month.
bler144: I have no opinion on new thread vs. maintain this thread. Pros/cons to both.

I am curious though - do you expect that you or Finkleroy will announce when new keys come in (as you have for this GA) or will you just quietly update the list and see whoever notices?

Or perhaps, like my local used CD shop, have a front space for "things newly added"?
As Finkleroy already said, it's going to be updates in the usual manner. This time, however, instead of having to wade back through a mess to see what's there and what's not, if I stay on top of things in a timely manner, you should be able to take a look at the list and see the games actually on it.
tomyam80: It wld also be good to leave all the rules on OP as it is & links on the 2nd post so that the OP will remain 4 all esp the newbies to notice.
Good suggestion, the OP of the new thread will basically consist of 2 posts in this manner. As far as the "recently added" list, it'll remain as normal with post updates (unless you guys request otherwise).
direspirefirewire: Thank you zeogold and finkleroy for taking the next step in maintaining this massive thread.

bler144: I am curious though - do you expect that you or Finkleroy will announce when new keys come in (as you have for this GA) or will you just quietly update the list and see whoever notices?
direspirefirewire: Just tossing in my 2¢. In the interest of fairness to those in different timezones, I suggest leaving the new games in the spreadsheet and not announcing in the new thread. An added benefit would be that the new thread would be "cleaner" as tomyam80 pointed out.
Most people seem to be in favor of the announced-update than the silent-update idea, so it'll remain announced-update.

Themken: I ask fairly seldom for games so can as well wait. With the current mess I am not even certain it is still available.
Hey, it can't hurt to ask anyways.

greeklover: The changes are good and I agree that a new thread will be better. I also think it's a good idea to post these periodic updates the same way it is done now. Thanks to finkleroy for helping zeogold.

I would also like to suggest that the limit to be a strict 2 non-daggered games per month (with the exceptions of rule 14) and not 2-3 in order to give more people the chance to request one of the "hotter" games from a periodic update.
Yeah, I realize that the 2-3 thing is confusing, I'm probably going to alter it to either a flat 2 or a flat 3. Probably a flat 3 due to the sheer amount of games that show up here every month.
Lone_Scout: Nice changes! I think I'll like the new thread.
Another suggestion: instead of setting monthly limits, I'd establish some sort of "cooldown" for users. Something like 10-14 days for most games and 2-3 days for daggered games. Once you've received something, you can't make a new petition until your cooldown has expired. Maybe you could ask for two games at once, but cooldown times would add up. Of course it's just an idea that came upon my mind, and it would require some extra work as cooldown expiry dates should be added to another table, so just forget it if you don't like it. Times of change are prone to brainstorming...
Hm...while an interesting idea, I think that'll be too difficult to practically implement.
triock: That's too complicated methinks. Better solution would be that whenever there's a new batch of games, you can take only 1 non-daggered game from it. So if you want to fill your monthly limit (2-3), the remaining games must come from the old stockpile.
Even here I think this might be ineffective. Although I could be wrong, I suspect this would lead to people taking a game whenever an update shows up, waiting for whatever the cooldown period for the new games to be part of the stockpile would be, then proceeding to take stuff from that same update again. It bottlenecks a bit, but I'm unsure if it'll have any positive impact.

Thanks for all the feedback! So, just so y'all are aware, this thread is going to be locked on the 31st. The new thread will go up sometime during the beginning of next month, preferably the 1st or 2nd. You can keep sending in requests and I'll keep granting 'em until then, but just be aware. The GOG edition of the Community Giveaway will remain unaffected.

I also received a suggestion that I think I might just go ahead and implement, to make daggered keys their own separate category. Anybody got any yeas or nays on this?
Post edited October 30, 2018 by zeogold
I like the separate entry for dagerred keys. Even better to have a limit (maybe about 3) for them. It was just sending a message "Guys, I know you wanted to expand your library. But do not carried away and be greedy. Spread the wealth a little".
This sounds like it will simplify things greatly, especially for the host(s). :) I also like the idea of the separate list for daggered keys. For the rest - perhaps settle on a firm limit, either 2 or 3, and if the keys start piling up then allow 1 extra during the seasonal change months - March, June, September and December. Or if they really pile up, 2 extra during the month of December (traditional holidays month).

Special thanks to Finkleroy for volunteering to help out and co-host - at least I assume he 'volunteered' and wasn't just Puzzlebotted. o.0 ;)
Thank you Robert1969 for The Flame in the Flood, I really look forward to play it.
Also big thanks to zeogold for finding the key from the pile :D
AWG43: May I request Tricky Towers for my friend, please (if I haven't reach the limit for this month yet).
PMPMGamer: As the enclave key did not work.
Can I ask SkyDrift now? Thanks.
Rosalumina: Can I have Runbow for the Wii U?
HoangMarcel: Can I have The Deed and Spirits of Xanadu please?
Sentinel26: Can I have Grim Legends 2: Song of the Dark Swan?
Rosalumina: May I also have Screencheat?
Gerin: May I have Shadowrun Returns Deluxe?
triock: Was wondering zeo, can you help to get access denied to forgotten places? O.o
phandom: Hello and good morning!

May I ask for "Doodle God: 8-bit Mania"?
All granted.

direspirefirewire: Putting in a request for Tricky Towers to scratch my tetris itch.
You were beaten to it, sorry.
Post edited October 31, 2018 by zeogold
And that will be the last of this thread, folks. I'd like to ask that from this point onwards, no further requests be made here. If you make any, I won't be granting 'em unless you're putting 'em in the new thread. The OP has been wiped and I'm going to put in a request for this thread to be locked. If anyone has any last poignant, inspiring words to put to slide in before the lock happens, now's a good time to write 'em.
zeogold: And that will be the last of this thread, folks. I'd like to ask that from this point onwards, no further requests be made here. If you make any, I won't be granting 'em unless you're putting 'em in the new thread. The OP has been wiped and I'm going to put in a request for this thread to be locked. If anyone has any last poignant, inspiring words to put to slide in before the lock happens, now's a good time to write 'em.
Thanks, and see you in ... the future!
End well this did!

http://rs378.pbsrc.com/albums/oo223/btucker2003/kirk-bones.gif?w=480&h=480&fit=clip
https://youtu.be/-U4Pvodwm0U