It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

finkleroy:
I ask fairly seldom for games so can as well wait. With the current mess I am not even certain it is still available.

Thank you for helping!
Post edited October 28, 2018 by Themken
nevarRed: Big thanks for finkleroy for the key, and Zeo.
You're welcome. Have fun!
The change is fair and beneficial to the people who do most of the work around here so I support it.
Full voice of confidence to finkleroy as well. :)
As for the new thread, if you want to make it as a part of a half-reset due to cleanness (as the links to later posts are already broken just like in the trading thread), keep the same name, add "mark2" and you're good to go. :D

CURIOSITY BULB:
Does anyone know after how many post/pages do the links to posts get broken (for example if you try to go directly to post 6112 which is on page 300 you'll be redirected to page 306 instead)?
I've gotten official word that everyone is okay to continue requesting games as normal. Just don't expect for any requests to be granted until after we're done sorting out everything, which shouldn't take more than a few days.
The changes are good and I agree that a new thread will be better. I also think it's a good idea to post these periodic updates the same way it is done now. Thanks to finkleroy for helping zeogold.

I would also like to suggest that the limit to be a strict 2 non-daggered games per month (with the exceptions of rule 14) and not 2-3 in order to give more people the chance to request one of the "hotter" games from a periodic update.
Post edited October 28, 2018 by greeklover
Nice changes! I think I'll like the new thread.
Thanks for your dedication, Zeogold. You are doing an amazing work. And thanks to this great community that keeps this working!

Another suggestion: instead of setting monthly limits, I'd establish some sort of "cooldown" for users. Something like 10-14 days for most games and 2-3 days for daggered games. Once you've received something, you can't make a new petition until your cooldown has expired. Maybe you could ask for two games at once, but cooldown times would add up. Of course it's just an idea that came upon my mind, and it would require some extra work as cooldown expiry dates should be added to another table, so just forget it if you don't like it. Times of change are prone to brainstorming...
Thanks for all your work on the giveaways, zeogold. I support the changes and the idea of making a new thread.
Lone_Scout: Another suggestion: instead of setting monthly limits, I'd establish some sort of "cooldown" for users. Something like 10-14 days for most games and 2-3 days for daggered games. Once you've received something, you can't make a new petition until your cooldown has expired. Maybe you could ask for two games at once, but cooldown times would add up. Of course it's just an idea that came upon my mind, and it would require some extra work as cooldown expiry dates should be added to another table, so just forget it if you don't like it. Times of change are prone to brainstorming...
That's too complicated methinks. Better solution would be that whenever there's a new batch of games, you can take only 1 non-daggered game from it. So if you want to fill your monthly limit (2-3), the remaining games must come from the old stockpile.
triock: That's too complicated methinks. Better solution would be that whenever there's a new batch of games, you can take only 1 non-daggered game from it. So if you want to fill your monthly limit (2-3), the remaining games must come from the old stockpile.
Yeah, I think that would be a good solution. So every time a new batch of games came out they were not ordered so quickly and the stock of these hotter games would give for more users.
Post edited October 28, 2018 by PMPMGamer
kmonster: Many thanks to AeryunSun1701, LordMarlock and zeo !
Have fun :)
Many thanks to MaxFulvus, Crackpot.756 and zeogold for both The Red Solstice and Satellite Reign :)
Hope the task of migrating all those keys goes smoothly for you two, good luck!
BranjoHello: The change is fair and beneficial to the people who do most of the work around here so I support it.
Full voice of confidence to finkleroy as well. :)
As for the new thread, if you want to make it as a part of a half-reset due to cleanness (as the links to later posts are already broken just like in the trading thread), keep the same name, add "mark2" and you're good to go. :D

CURIOSITY BULB:
Does anyone know after how many post/pages do the links to posts get broken (for example if you try to go directly to post 6112 which is on page 300 you'll be redirected to page 306 instead)?
Ehhhh, if I recall (I probably don't) it has to do with the aggregation of deleted posts and how they impact the forum brain, not the number of pages, per se.
Can I have Runbow for the Wii U?
Can I have The Deed and Spirits of Xanadu please?