It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

REDVWIN: Hello finkleroy! I missed the most recent Temporary Freebie -> Iratus: Lord of the Dead . Is it possible to get one of the current available keys?

Thank you and keep the great work, friend. :)

REDVWIN
finkleroy: Granted.
Saved! Thank you, friends. >;3~

REDVWIN
low rated
Doc0075: Some classic 80's Ska to brighten the mood -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ha4NHacX2kE&ab_channel=billyidol68
Thanks for this

=-=-=-=

(also sorry to all if my earlier words upset anyone here.....to extend an olive branch I have edited post 11552 to be more vague than it was previously and edited post 11572 to be more civil as well as to explain my actions here, and I am still remaining off the aforementioned subjects)

=-=-=-=

=-=-=-=

Wirvington: I was going to suggest organising another fight club in order to turn animosity into love via creativity and fictional blood, but Ska works just as well: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUVvBF9BWdg
You mean playing MP/etc games to hash out differences? Yes, that seems like a goodd idea :)
(also thanks for the clip....I love jazz/etc and also that song, it's just the ticket I need atm[more info in the edit to post 11572)
Post edited January 08, 2022 by GamezRanker
A kind request to keep the thread on topic and not involve in personal skirmishes. Please also keep in mind that this is not a good place to discuss political topics. This includes COVID-19 vaccines as well, because this subject has a tendency to get political very quickly.
low rated
Hello,

Can I please have a key for Shadowrun: Dragonfall - Director's Cut?

Also, (Noob question:) what are daggered and non-daggered keys? Google could not provide clarity.
bertzbeez: Hello,

Also, (Noob question:) what are daggered and non-daggered keys? Google could not provide clarity.
Concerning you question, until finkleroy replies to your request:
- These terms refer to the lists in post #2 (https://www.gog.com/forum/general/the_community_giveaway_gog_edition_redux/post2).
- The first list are non-daggered keys (i.e. regular keys, not marked with a dagger (†)).
- The second list and the linked spreadsheet are daggered keys (i.e. keys marked with a dagger (†), because they are currently or have previously been free, so there are many copies of them).
Post edited January 08, 2022 by mrkgnao
bertzbeez: Also, (Noob question:) what are daggered and non-daggered keys? Google could not provide clarity.
To add to what mrkgnao already wrote,

Daggered keys are for games that have been widely available as temporary or permanent freebies on GOG (or sometimes elsewhere).

Non-daggered keys are for games that have not been available like that: the donors have either bought the key directly, or there has been some kind of restricted freebie elsewhere not available for all GOG users, like the games that Amazon Prime gives to their subscribers. Usually keys stay in whatever category they are, but sometimes finkleroy has decided to move a non-daggered key to the daggered list later on if its expiry date is very close.

The first post in this thread explains the rules in detail. New accounts might not be eligible if they don't have enough forum participation yet - finkleroy will ultimately decide whether you are eligible yet.
mrkgnao: Concerning you question...
Ah! Today, I learned what a dagger unicode character is. Thank you.

DiffuseReflection: Daggered keys are for games....
Understood. Thank you for the clarification regarding the meaning of the dagger.

I see that I may not be deserving of any freebies yet. I will up my street cred in the meantime.
mrkgnao: Concerning you question...
bertzbeez: Ah! Today, I learned what a dagger unicode character is. Thank you.
Glad I could be of help. By the way, the dagger symbol (also known as obelisk --- not to be confused with asterisk) predates unicode by at least 300 years.
bertzbeez: Ah! Today, I learned what a dagger unicode character is. Thank you.
mrkgnao: Glad I could be of help. By the way, the dagger symbol (also known as obelisk --- not to be confused with asterisk) predates unicode by at least 300 years.
I misspoke... I learned that that character is called a dagger, is what I meant to say.

But I'm still highly suspicious of your claim.
I always thought it resembled a cross. Creepy.
mrkgnao: Glad I could be of help. By the way, the dagger symbol (also known as obelisk --- not to be confused with asterisk) predates unicode by at least 300 years.
bertzbeez: I misspoke... I learned that that character is called a dagger, is what I meant to say.

But I'm still highly suspicious of your claim.
Here is a quote (as listed in the OED) from the 1708 edition of Phillips's "The New World of English Words; or A General Dictionary": "Dagger‥a‥Mark in Printing‥(†)". It's likely the term existed a while before that, given that this is a general dictionary.

Dagger was added to Unicode in 1993.
Post edited January 08, 2022 by mrkgnao
Enebias: I always thought it resembled a cross. Creepy.
Me too. I thought it means something like "interest for this game is dead, so you can take it without counting to the limit".
Post edited January 08, 2022 by LootHunter
mrkgnao: Dagger was added to Unicode in 1993.†
† Daggers (†) mark questionable or corrupt words or passages - Wikipedia, 31 December 2021
high rated
bertzbeez: Hello,

The forum search function and Google are both terrible ways to tell how much recent activity you have on the forum, but unfortunately they're the only tools I have at my disposal. According to them, you seem to be new here, so you don't really qualify for the giveaway yet. Please take some time to familiarize yourself with the forum and make some meaningful posts and/or tell some jokes here and there in threads that aren't specifically for game giveaways, and before you know it you'll be eligible. Please familiarize yourself with the rules of this giveaway, which are located in the first post of this thread. In the meantime, someone in the community gifting thread might be able to help you out. The only way to fast-track the qualification process is to donate some keys. I'm just trying to make sure you're not only on the forum to get free games. Donating isn't mandatory, but it's a good indication that you're not just here for free games.

That thing I'm apparently not allowed to mention because medical science is somehow regarded as being political? didn't seem to mess me up at all. I'll release the update sometime today or tomorrow.
Post edited January 08, 2022 by finkleroy
mrkgnao: Dagger was added to Unicode in 1993.†
bertzbeez: † Daggers (†) mark questionable or corrupt words or passages - Wikipedia, 31 December 2021
Yes. Among many other things, such as a second footnote (after asterisk, before double dagger), or the date of a person's death (e.g. in biographical dictionaries).