It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
I don't normally side with GR, and as a minor note I actually disagree with him somewhat on the "trustworthy" issue, but I agree with him spending money out of one's own pocket to buy an additional code is not against the rules of this GA.

If one scrolled through this thread, plus the zeo-owned precursor, plus the moon/trent original, there have been more than a handful cases of several generous donors stepping in with additional codes for various requests for various people for various reasons. Probably half of those instances being doc privately sending codes for Divinity: OS after the codes he already donated ran out. ;)

Anyway, point is he's not dropping code in the thread, and the rules otherwise are for codes that have been gifted to the community via finkleroy, in part so donors know how their donations will be handled. They don't say that no other gifts can be privately given.

While I don't want to see it become a wild west, at the same time, a single additional gift here and there imo (and certainly by the rules) is fine and has precedent. ;)

Everyone take a deep breath.

Would it help if GR changed his name to GameCalmer?
low rated
Sorry for replying this way....the stupid forums borked my reply, so i have to post it as such(explanation below)......all numbered bits in your post correspond to mine below it.
bler144: 1. I don't normally side with GR, and as a minor note I actually disagree with him somewhat on the "trustworthy" issue, but I agree with him spending money out of one's own pocket to buy an additional code is not against the rules of this GA.

2. If one scrolled through this thread, plus the zeo-owned precursor, plus the moon/trent original, there have been more than a handful cases of several generous donors stepping in with additional codes for various requests for various people for various reasons. Probably half of those instances being doc privately sending codes for Divinity: OS after the codes he already donated ran out. ;)

3. Anyway, point is he's not dropping code in the thread, and the rules otherwise are for codes that have been gifted to the community via finkleroy, in part so donors know how their donations will be handled. They don't say that no other gifts can be privately given.

While I don't want to see it become a wild west, at the same time, a single additional gift here and there imo (and certainly by the rules) is fine and has precedent. ;)

4. Everyone take a deep breath.

Would it help if GR changed his name to GameCalmer?
1. This is what I assumed...that the code dropping part only pertained to dropping "bare" codes in the thread itself(and I wanted to help the guy out to be nice, and also even more so after he told me about wanting to play it with his kids[when I PMd him]).

2. He seems to like that game, then, as much as I like the System Shock games and some others(I have likely given out over a dozen of each over the years). :)

3. Agreed 100%

4. To be fair I likely would pick a new name if I hadn't become used to this one by this point(I mainly picked it as an edgy youngster trying to be cool, you see).
high rated
Can we talk about the GOG giveaway please.
low rated
51nikopol: Can we talk about the GOG giveaway please.
I do apologize myself for going semi-offtopic with some of my posts(for what it's worth), and will try to stick to the normal posts associated with such for the most part. :)

(That said/somewhat in their[everyone's replies on such] defense, they were technically concerning the giveaway(albeit more on the rules side of things).....plus it's not like there's much talk in here anyways besides people asking for games/people[mainly OP] granting games/people giving OP corrections on the main lists and other corrections/people thanking Op and others, and that stuff is usually done in smallish semi-rare bursts every so often, so thankfully not much is being interrupted :))
Post edited December 22, 2019 by GameRager
high rated
51nikopol: Can we talk about the GOG giveaway please.
This right here, nuff said :). Cheers
May I ask Fallout: New Vegas Ultimate Edition please?
May I have The Settlers 2: 10th Anniversary please? :)
high rated
CervelloYM: May I ask Fallout: New Vegas Ultimate Edition please?
Granted.
bela555: May I have The Settlers 2: 10th Anniversary please? :)
Granted.
Edit: could I ask for Wasteland 1?
Post edited December 23, 2019 by letsmaybeLP92
high rated
Thanks to bjgamer and finkleroy :)
high rated
bela555: Thanks to bjgamer and finkleroy :)
You are very welcome! I hope you enjoy 'settling' in with one of my old favorites. :)
Happy Holidays if you celebrate them!
may I ask for the Driftmoon, unless there are people who already requested it?
high rated
letsmaybeLP92: Edit: could I ask for Wasteland 1?
Granted.
Gekko_Dekko: may I ask for the Driftmoon, unless there are people who already requested it?
Granted.
high rated
Thanks HappyPunkPotato for Wasteland 1
high rated
Big thanks to bjgamer and finkleroy for the Fallout New Vegas.
And happy holidays to you and your loved ones.