It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
Makotolia: I seem to remember that in the past, our old Master Zeogold did allow people to "vouch" for users that he can't find too much activities by himself. Not sure if this situation applies, or if this is an official rule though. No intention to offend anyone.
Zeo said at some point that he allowed it at the cost of the game for the month for the person making the nomination, so nomination has to be from someone eligible who didn't receive a game that month and forfeits the right to ask for one in order to basically hand it over to the nominee. Struck me as wrong even so. I mean, if it's a giveaway for the active community members, it should be for active community members, not for nice people as known by their friends.
Cavalary: Zeo said at some point that he allowed it at the cost of the game for the month for the person making the nomination, so nomination has to be from someone eligible who didn't receive a game that month and forfeits the right to ask for one in order to basically hand it over to the nominee. Struck me as wrong even so. I mean, if it's a giveaway for the active community members, it should be for active community members, not for nice people as known by their friends.
Oh, yeah, I remember seeing something like that, but (I think) I was actually talking about another instance. That one is about the limit of the search engine the hosts use, rather than the spirit of nomination, i.e. that member did post in the forum, but the search result says otherwise, so someone who did see that member’s posts verified their activities in the forum, thus qualifying them. There wasn’t nomination involved I think.

I just notice that Kallor did say that he hadn’t been very active on the forums, so the example above probably just doesn’t apply here, my bad.
low rated
Cavalary: Zeo said at some point that he allowed it at the cost of the game for the month for the person making the nomination, so nomination has to be from someone eligible who didn't receive a game that month and forfeits the right to ask for one in order to basically hand it over to the nominee.
Sounds like a good idea....I nominate OP implement such if possible. :)

Cavalary: Struck me as wrong even so. I mean, if it's a giveaway for the active community members, it should be for active community members, not for nice people as known by their friends.
Yes but it shows the selflessness of the one doing so, and also it helps OPs of such giveaways figure out who is trustworthy when limited data on said people is available. :)
=======================================

Makotolia: I just notice that Kallor did say that he hadn’t been very active on the forums, so the example above probably just doesn’t apply here, my bad.
Either way, it doesn't much matter anymore as that particular request has been fulfilled by the gog gifting fairies. ;D
Post edited December 21, 2019 by GameRager
high rated
ashwald: Thank you sanscript and finkleroy!

Merry Christmas and a happy new year everyone.
You´re welcome, and enjoy a really Merry Christmas, and happy new year to you too :D

Here's the manual btw: https://www.dropbox.com/s/eo4uq14eo1ix577/AlbionManual.pdf
Post edited December 20, 2019 by sanscript
May I have Postal 2 (daggered)? I missed this giveaway.
GameRager: Yes but it shoes the selflessness of the one doing so, and also it helps OPs of such giveaways figure out who is trustworthy when limited data on said people is available. :)
I'd say trading is where you should figure out whether someone is trustworthy. Here it's a matter of actively participating.
high rated
NickZah: May I have Postal 2 (daggered)? I missed this giveaway.
Granted.
high rated
Many thanks to Cymepa and finkleroy for Postal 2.
low rated
Cavalary: I'd say trading is where you should figure out whether someone is trustworthy. Here it's a matter of actively participating.
To me that puts people who don't trade or post much at a disadvantage.....as not all who post a lot are trustworthy and not all who post little or not at all are untrustworthy.

But again, I will always defer to and respect OP on such things. :)
I understand why Finkleroy has rules for this contest-so there was no complaint from me, and honestly I should have known that I was not eligible. That said, I'm very appreciative that GameRager stepped in and got the game for me. So thank you to the both of you and to all who contribute to this giveaway. Happy Holidays to all!
GameRager: But again, I will always defer to and respect OP on such things. :)
And yet you overruled him and stepped on his toes...

You're such a hypocrite - you expect others to respect you and be "cordial", yet you don't respect others. Das PuzzleMaster would have wipped yore shiny arse :P
low rated
sanscript: And yet you overruled him and stepped on his toes... ...
+
low rated
sanscript: And yet you overruled him and stepped on his toes...
By what bit? Nominating kallor, suggesting that nominating otherwise ineligible people be allowed, or gifting a game to Kallor here?

If it's the 1st one, that was a mistake due to me misreading the rules....I then dropped that nomination and didn't push it much further beyond respectfully suggesting the rule change.

If it's the 2nd one, that is just me making a fair suggestion.

If its the 3rd, why is it "stepping on OP's toes" to hand out a game here? I've seen some others do it when OP didn't have a game to give or didn't want to give a game to someone.

If you could tell me how I did as you said it'd help me to know what you meant and how to reply.

(Also how did I overrule Finkleroy? By giving out a game to someone to be nice? If that's what you meant by that part, how is that a bad thing?)

sanscript: You're such a hypocrite - you expect others to respect you and be "cordial", yet you don't respect others. Das PuzzleMaster would have wipped yore shiny arse :P
I did(and do) respect others....respecting someone doesn't mean you cannot respectfully disagree or offer advice/suggestions/criticism.

(By your wording here you(seemingly) act like I came in and insulted everyone in sight.....unless I misread your intent or the context behind that last bit?)
Thanks Doc0075 for the Wasteland 2 key, and thanks Finkleroy for sending it to me.
low rated
finkleroy: .....
Also to Op: I am sorry if I rocked the boat or if I seemed rude or disrespectful in any way with my earlier posts/actions.....it was not my intent to do so and if I came off as such then I apologize.