It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

can anybody, please, describe the rules better?
E.g should you solve some puzzles or anything, or just beg for keys from posts 2 and 3?
Gekko_Dekko: can anybody, please, describe the rules better?
E.g should you solve some puzzles or anything, or just beg for keys from posts 2 and 3?
Don't beg; request. I think the rules are extremely straightforward. Are there any specific questions you have regarding them?
Gekko_Dekko: can anybody, please, describe the rules better?
First you need an active presence in the community, and have not registered recently.

Then you can only ask for one game per month, which appear in the list of posts 2 and 3, except if this game has this symbol: (†). If the game have that symbol, it was free and therefore you can ask for more than one.

To ask for the game, all you have to do is ask for it, something like, Can I ask for Duken Nukem 3d please?
Post edited May 23, 2018 by Sjuan
Sjuan: First you need an active presence in the community, and have not registered recently.

Then you can only ask for one game per month, which appear in the list of posts 2 and 3, except if this game has this symbol: (†). If the game have that symbol, it was free and therefore you can ask for more than one.

To ask for the game, all you have to do is ask for it, something like, Can I ask for Duken Nukem 3d please?
thanks so much, thats what I wanted to know.
--------

At this point, can I ask for System Shock 2 and Witcher: Enhanced Edition (which is marked as (†), so - I assume, its okay to ask for it too?)?
Sjuan: First you need an active presence in the community, and have not registered recently.

Gekko_Dekko: thanks so much, thats what I wanted to know.
--------

At this point, can I ask for System Shock 2 and Witcher: Enhanced Edition (which is marked as (†), so - I assume, its okay to ask for it too?)?
You are doing it well. Now you just need to wait for @zeogold to magically grant your wishes (as long as he finds you reputable, and as soon as he's got the time for it. He's kinda busy recently).
I'm sorry to ask, but how does this work?
ParaKuribo: I'm sorry to ask, but how does this work?
Give the four previous posts a quick read.

You may also want to give the first post in the thread a looksee as well:

https://www.gog.com/forum/general/the_community_giveaway_gog_edition/post1

Please let us know if you;re confused with something.
That avatar sure looks familiar...
Cavalary: That avatar sure looks familiar...
I miss IAmSinistar. :(
PaterAlf: I miss IAmSinistar. :(
Yeah, it's a shame so many people are leaving...
Ghorpm: Yeah, it's a shame so many people are leaving...
Has he left? I've definitively been seeing him extremely rarely, but has he made an announcement about being disappointed with GOG? I usually see his posts when GOG releases an oldie.
Post edited May 24, 2018 by MadalinStroe
MadalinStroe: Has he left? I've definitively been seeing him extremely rarely, but has he made an announcement about being disappointed with GOG? I usually see his posts when GOG releases an oldie.
Don't think he'd be the kind to actually do that. But I'd say stopping doing what he had been doing counts.
Thought the exact same thing when I saw the avatar.
Yes, it is. On the one side I do understand them on the other side I think that it's up to us - the remaining community - to make this place as nice as possible. I cannot do this if I leave and I don't intend to do so.
Post edited May 24, 2018 by MarkoH01
I was wondering why Sinistar was asking stupid questions: after all, he invented the thing!
Then I realized the user was not him. :P
MarkoH01: On the one side I do understand them on the other side I think that it's up to us - the remaining community - to make this place as nice as possible. I cannot do this if I leave and I don't intend to do so.
I'll just say again that for many who did leave it was a matter of GOG's direction more than the community. Then again, GOG's direction, catering to the general audience, going for the lowest common denominator, chasing growth, is also what messed up the community.
As for those who did leave because of the community, there comes a point where you cut your losses, seeing you're too little in a stream rushing the opposite direction.