It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

my bitching is being a so called person with rights and suposed to have freedom and yet nomatter where
i go on web i see google-almalytics tracking me with their font.googleleapis crap wish just once i can
boot up a browser go to a web site and not see them hiting me with these cookies
and image wedges ect

googleleapis -face book markmonitor ect sites should have their ceos and staff in prison for stalking
if i followed my neighbor and looked in their windows i be in jail yet they can stalk us till we turn off pc lol

(pulls hair out looks for his tin foil hat and waits for the aliens to land),,, wheres mork from ork i need you :)
Kleetus: Are game designers totally idiotic these days?
You ask that like they were ever paragons of good judgement.
Breja brought up an article about the shutting down of IMDB boards which I wasn't aware of.

Now, I'm like "NNNNNOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!" :(((

I particularly enjoyed all the infos and analysis on old obscure movies (as I don't give a damn about mainstream stuff). It's a big loss as it was more instructive than just some plain Wikipedia page and I nearly died from choking when the journalist (obviously not a film lover) wrote that we should just discuss movies on Twitter/Facebook.... Analyzing and debating on a Tarkovski's movie in 140 characters, great....... :(((( And given on how Facebook works.....

All knowledge gone..... :(

Quick business idea: save as much conversations on obscure movies you can before it's shut, compile them, publish them in a book and boom, you'll be regarded as the new Roger Ebert with the younger generation who don't have a clue about 20th century cinema.
However you actually put a linebreak in to a string inside of input.setAttribute("value", "long string to break up"); utterly eludes me.
low rated
tinyE is a Homoerectus, or something really perverted like that.
Attachments:
Don't you hate those videos on youtube too that have an attractive, half-naked girl as thumbnail and an unintelligible title but when you click on it you see something like this but NO HOT GIRLS.
I feel so betrayed...
low rated
deleted
high rated
Listening to the radio yesterday, the host asked callers if the state should help fund broadband expansion into rural areas. Everyone said "no", stating we should pay for our own (we live in the country, sort of - just a couple miles out) broadband service. Okay, I get that.

But we can't simply pay for our own broadband to get the same stuff they have in town. For one, it's not up to us to run the lines to their comm grid / network and install the hardware needed to support the expansion - the provider does that. Once the stuff is available at the house, then of course we would pay for the service.

So I got to looking into the state broadband coverage maps, and took a peek at our area. Apparently the providers report coverage using "census blocks", which are - I guess - the little chunks into which the nation is divided for various census purposes. Anyway, our little chunk is shown is having 7Mb available. Er, no. 768kb here at our house, and I've checked repeatedly for better speed.

I emailed the state to point out that the telco isn't properly reporting speeds in our area, nor in other blocks nearby. Someone got back with me the next morning with a really nice explanation of things. To report a particular service speed, only a single location needs to have the speed they say they offer. So one house can cover the reporting requirements for several hundred houses. Hmm. Well, this particular block has access from two dead-end roads, and we're at the entrance to one of them. Odds are, if higher speed is available then it's coming down the lines along the two roads, and thus there oughta be access at our place - the other road has just one or two residences and they're both quite a distance from the intersection.

I don't want to tell the providers that they MUST spend money to get better access out here - I'm not keen on forcing business to do these types of things. But, it turns out that our census block is also part of some federal grant intended to improve broadband speeds. A-ha! Now we're on to something. Given that federal grant money is headed their way, they do need to provide improved service speed under some timeline.

So I've decided I'm going to track down every mailing address in our census block, create a survey, and ask folks to send back info on the service they're getting. First, I need to see if anyone is actually getting the speed they say they're providing. Second, I can give this to the local providers to show the demand. Third, if I can show that nobody is actually getting the higher speed that the telco is reporting to the gov't, maybe I can put their feet to the fire.
viperfdl: Don't you hate those videos on youtube too that have an attractive, half-naked girl as thumbnail
Fairfox: Yah, I hate taht.
So thumbnails should only show ugly women or half-naked, handsome men?
Fairfox: Yah, I hate taht.
viperfdl: So thumbnails should only show ugly women or half-naked, handsome men?
No he's talking about clickbait thumbnails. I almost imperceptibly avoid clicking them because you know the contents are usually bullshit. Also any video titled with "top 5" or "top 10".
Post edited February 17, 2017 by eksasol
HereForTheBeer: Listening to the radio yesterday, the host asked callers if the state should help fund broadband expansion into rural areas. Everyone said "no", stating we should pay for our own (we live in the country, sort of - just a couple miles out) broadband service. Okay, I get that.

But we can't simply pay for our own broadband to get the same stuff they have in town. For one, it's not up to us to run the lines to their comm grid / network and install the hardware needed to support the expansion - the provider does that. Once the stuff is available at the house, then of course we would pay for the service.

So I got to looking into the state broadband coverage maps, and took a peek at our area. Apparently the providers report coverage using "census blocks", which are - I guess - the little chunks into which the nation is divided for various census purposes. Anyway, our little chunk is shown is having 7Mb available. Er, no. 768kb here at our house, and I've checked repeatedly for better speed.

I emailed the state to point out that the telco isn't properly reporting speeds in our area, nor in other blocks nearby. Someone got back with me the next morning with a really nice explanation of things. To report a particular service speed, only a single location needs to have the speed they say they offer. So one house can cover the reporting requirements for several hundred houses. Hmm. Well, this particular block has access from two dead-end roads, and we're at the entrance to one of them. Odds are, if higher speed is available then it's coming down the lines along the two roads, and thus there oughta be access at our place - the other road has just one or two residences and they're both quite a distance from the intersection.

I don't want to tell the providers that they MUST spend money to get better access out here - I'm not keen on forcing business to do these types of things. But, it turns out that our census block is also part of some federal grant intended to improve broadband speeds. A-ha! Now we're on to something. Given that federal grant money is headed their way, they do need to provide improved service speed under some timeline.

So I've decided I'm going to track down every mailing address in our census block, create a survey, and ask folks to send back info on the service they're getting. First, I need to see if anyone is actually getting the speed they say they're providing. Second, I can give this to the local providers to show the demand. Third, if I can show that nobody is actually getting the higher speed that the telco is reporting to the gov't, maybe I can put their feet to the fire.
You should also take a gander at how much money the private companies have taken in federal funds to provide improved broadband access across the country and compare that to actual gains.
I was first going to bitch about something, but this caught my eye:

KiNgBrAdLeY7: That stupid EU is steadily becoming 10 times worse, than the USSR of old! Instead of EU, they should rename it into EUSSR! May Trump trumple them soon. Seriously, situation is getting out of hand, by each passing day.

Gimme back my national currency, thieves, pirates, looters!
Ummm, where to begin...

Ok, so apparently you think that "EU" (other EU countries? EU commission? ECB?) is somehow forcing Greece to be in the euro zone, to use euro as its currency?

Nope, not at all. "EU" can't tell any euro country to remain, nor exit (*), euro. It is all up to you Greeks whether you want to use euro as your currency. So far your leaders (Syriza) have wanted to remain in euro, for a reason or another. If the reports are to be believed, your former finance minister (Valoudaskiskitkatkiss or something) was preparing in secrecy a plan B to take your own currency into use, but your prime minister apparently rejected the idea. That's also probably the reason the finance minister was swapped.

So it is up to you people. I for one would be all for Greece to exit euro, I was already hoping that back when Syriza won the elections years ago, as that is what Syriza seemed to be promising, exiting EU/euro. But nope, they didn't fulfill that promise. I'm also wishing Finland would have never entered euro either, just like Sweden didn't. Then we wouldn't have participated in the Greek bailouts either.

(*) About forcing a country to exit the euro zone, I think there are things ECB could do to make it hard for a country to remain in euro... but AFAIK they can't directly tell anyone to exit it.
Post edited February 18, 2017 by timppu
low rated
timppu: I was first going to bitch about something, but this caught my eye:

KiNgBrAdLeY7: That stupid EU is steadily becoming 10 times worse, than the USSR of old! Instead of EU, they should rename it into EUSSR! May Trump trumple them soon. Seriously, situation is getting out of hand, by each passing day.

Gimme back my national currency, thieves, pirates, looters!
timppu: Ummm, where to begin...
Are you seriously arguing with him!? XD
I thought you better than that!

SHAME ON YOU! :P
My personal bitch of the day:

https://forum.xda-developers.com/eee-pad-transformer/general/how-to-fix-crashing-google-play-services-t3557521

So, maybe a couple of weeks ago my old and trusty ASUS Transformer TF101 Android tablet, which is still in heavy use, started giving constant "Google Play Services/Framework/gapps has stopped working"-errors, making it impossible to use the tablet anymore. E.g. the Youtube app would always crash too, as did Google Play Store. It seemed these errors kept appearing if wifi was enabled (for an internet connection). The tablet had an old Android 4.4.4 or somesuch (KatKiss mod).

I googled for this problem, there were lots of suggestions from the past to fix it, like emptying the cache of the Google Services Frameworks, deleting and recreating your Google account on the device, even factory resetting Android... but nope, none of them worked. As soon as wifi is enabled, those errors start appearing.

I figured either my TF101 is finally breaking down, or some new Google Play Services version doesn't like that old Android anymore. So just yesterday I finally got to update the KatKiss Android version to 6.0.1 (Marshmallow), figuring it wouldn't have the same issue.

Nope, the same errors start as soon as I even try to install (or flash) Google Play Services. I've tried to flash the relevant GAPPS at the same time as I install the new Android, as well as installing the services with an apk later on, in vain. If I install Android without the Google Services, then it works just fine, but then it is so hard to find new applications for it, you have to download the apks from sites you don't recognize (malware?). I don't know if there is e.g. a legit Youtube apk installer out there that I could use without Google Play/Services.

So I was already thinking my tablet is broken... but fortunately I found that discussion which seems to confirm that some recent Google Services update makes it crash on lots of people. Now I'd just want to know what is the common thing. Is it failing on TF101 devices only, or is the problem the KatKiss Android (regardless whether it is e.g. 4.4.4 or 6.0.1), or what? Some people in that discussion had found a "solution" by installing some older version of Google Services and somehow preventing Android from auto-updating it... but that is not really a solution I want as I can't know how long an old Google Services will work reliably.

So here I am, stuck with a poorly working tablet, wishing Google would fix their damn services.

catpower1980: Breja brought up an article about the shutting down of IMDB boards which I wasn't aware of.

Now, I'm like "NNNNNOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!" :(((
:-(

I wasn't even aware there was that kind of problem in the IMDB forums. I don't use them that often, but sometimes when I've seen some interesting movie (usually an older one I didn't know about), I go to see the discussions in the forums to see tidbits about it. Yes I've even written a couple of messages or questions, but only a few times (which reminds me I should go check if I got replies to one question I had about certain movie).

Sure I've seen some arguments, but they've been rather meh to me. Ok so someone doesn't like a movie that someone else does, big deal, to each their own. Apparently I've missed some bigger flamewars then?
Post edited February 18, 2017 by timppu
tinyE: Are you seriously arguing with him!? XD
Frankly it wasn't really my wish to argue, rather than fixing a glaring misconception he seemed to have (that "EU" is somehow forcing Greece to stay in the euro zone).