It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I just got over a flu or cold (I've never known the difference) a few days ago. Now I am coming down with a new one. I'm not sure if it is a different virus, or the same one making a resurgence. Either way, it sucks.

Also, I vented some frustration a couple of days ago, and unintentionally created a political shitstorm. I hate when that happens. I'll be more careful next time.
/sigh
iippo: /sigh
Tell us about it! :)
I'm just pissed off about everything today. I can't stop washing my fucking hands, I'm nauseated as hell, I can't seem to do anything without being annoyed, it is too damn bright, I'm sick of video games, I wish the nukes would launch, I can't go outside without having a panic attack, my only friends are two hundred miles away, I feel like I am pissing off everybody else, I'm having trouble focusing, my head hurts like a mofo, I dropped a bottle of pills and they spilled all over the floor, my teeth hurt but I am too poor, I'm sick of smug people all around me, my neighbors won't shut the hell up, this town smells, my hair hurts, my fingernails itch, I hate these forums, I'm so fucking hot, I have the chills, my sinuses sting, my DVD player is broken, I hate DRM, I'm lightheaded, I pissed on my hand, I'm trying to ween off my medication and it sucks, my throat burns, these cough drops are disgusting, I cut my gums with a damn saltine, and I slipped on a banana peel. If you read this whole thing, let me know and I'll give you a +1.
Post edited March 02, 2014 by monkeydelarge
AdamR: and I slipped on a banana peel
That seems unlikely. Unless the bananas in your home have been lubricated for some reason... which may explain the incessant handwashing. I've finished thinking about it now.
monkeydelarge: And let's say, one day, your thoughts magically entered my mind and took over, I'd still want people physically and mentally capable of work but just refuse to work getting support from the government.
I used to have that "fuck the assholes that don't want to do their fair share" attitude that CrowTRobo has, but like you I have seen the homeless mofos and now I just think we need to build some more homeless shelters. If you are able to work and refuse to work, you can go live in one of those for a while: where you have 3 meals, a cot, access to a shower, a pot to piss in, but no other benefits.
Now if you choose to work, and have a low paying job or have a disability, you should be able to afford an apartment, with food stamps and all the other benefits. I know it isn't possible now to afford an apartment, but you should get a helping hand for that if you are doing your 30+ hours/week. It is becoming harder and harder to find jobs in this country that will let you live a comfortable life without government hand-outs.

Oh, and another thing, if you're disability is you are obese or a druggie, then that is not a disability in my mind. It was self-induced and therefore your responsibility to correct before receiving benefits, go live in the homeless shelter.
Post edited February 13, 2014 by jjsimp
No one cares but, and this is the last time I will posts about this topic, I am actually an extreme bleeding heart and I only made my nasty little Germany comment because I felt that the "huge ocean" comment was way out of line considering the conversation, so I fired back with one as equally inappropriate. What can I say, I'm a child. :D We are all humans and as such we are all screwed up and as such our nations are all screwed up and we all have a lot of improvements to make; geography doesn't enter into it, so while there is nothing wrong with national pride I'd appreciate it if all those applicable could take their "superior nation" crap and stick it up their 'politburo'.

On a side note, and no one asked, but I love assistance and I will always offer and give assistance whenever possible and I wholly appreciate a government that does as much. I for one would rather support a system that allows 9 of 10 people to lush it up so long as it helps the 1 of 10 that REALLY needs it rather than support a system that sticks it to 10 of 10 in order to no make sure no cheap skates get a free ride.

Okay did that make any sense? :P
Fuck me... I'll make sure not to post here again. Just drop it, please.
AdamR: Fuck me... I'll make sure not to post here again. Just drop it, please.
sorry
THE FUCKING REP SYSTEM

/vent

Sort of related
Post edited February 13, 2014 by ggf162
Heh - sorry for the derailment. My bitch was that I'm tired of people saying that anyone who doesn't buy into the Utopian ideal must be some kind of moron, and that they surely must be redneck assholes. No, they're simply the people who are stuck paying for the Utopia that other people want but often aren't willing to fund themselves. From my own perspective, it's disheartening to have modest plans for business and personal matters and know that they're delayed - or outright unobtainable - in large part because so much income comes right off the top before I get a chance to do anything useful with it. When someone says, "if only you would pay more..." Hoo boy.

I always get a little touchy around tax season. : )

Today's bitch (A bitch a day keeps the doctor away!) is directed at myself: I really need to better market the parts-sales side of my business; this is in progress, albeit slowly. Visited four shops the past two days and three of them weren't really clear on the point that I can get them a sizable variety of items for their machinery, at lower cost. The fourth simply does their own sourcing so that's always an uphill battle - but I really like working on-site with them so it's no biggie.

So I gotta get going putting parts on the website, and need to work on a catalog layout.

Heh - and finish getting my tax crap together for the accountant.
HereForTheBeer: Today's bitch (A bitch a day keeps the doctor away!) is directed at myself: I really need to better market the parts-sales side of my business; this is in progress, albeit slowly. Visited four shops the past two days and three of them weren't really clear on the point that I can get them a sizable variety of items for their machinery, at lower cost. The fourth simply does their own sourcing so that's always an uphill battle - but I really like working on-site with them so it's no biggie.

So I gotta get going putting parts on the website, and need to work on a catalog layout.

Heh - and finish getting my tax crap together for the accountant.
You need to get married. :D My dad would commit suicide this time of year if he didn't have my mother here to figure that shit out. Or you could do what I do and not have a job; that tends to make taxes easier.