It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I'm still torn up about Jew Wario's suicide. Complete surprise and an incredibly tragic story. I didn't watch his video series because the content did not interest me (japanese import gaming) but I loved his online personality and guest appearances on other shows.

It really hit close to home for me because my wife is currently hospitalised seemingly with post-partum depression and held against her will because of a brief few days of psychosis. I know she wasn't actually considering suicide but it is still horrible to see a loved one lose themselves to dark insanity and irrational thought. Jew Wario's wife was not as fortunate as me.
monkeydelarge: I'd give up sex to be immortal in a robot shell. But of course, I don't want an R2D2 like shell because such a shell seems easy to knock over and does not look very intimidating. I want to be like the Terminator.
It seems nice but robots tend to have a considerable lack of consciousness unless it would be one from a scifi/fantasy movie. I wouldn't want to be one of those robots that are built for nothing else than performing menial tasks. that would probably be as deficiently as our human body or even worse :p
robots are made for following orders ,I'd be too rebellious for that.
well,I'd definately give up sex but definately not give up my self-determination ability for achieving total extermination ability x)
we discussed that topic in ethics on the example of the Terminator and therefore watched the movie during our lesson ^.^ Meh, this makes me want to play my dusty Terminator Xbox game even if I often dislike things discussed at school :<
At least we can completely feel free during gaming if we can't replace our body with a pain-free steel shell or shed our skin and roam around with a mental body.
monkeydelarge: I'd give up sex to be immortal in a robot shell. But of course, I don't want an R2D2 like shell because such a shell seems easy to knock over and does not look very intimidating. I want to be like the Terminator.
Zeeaire: It seems nice but robots tend to have a considerable lack of consciousness unless it would be one from a scifi/fantasy movie. I wouldn't want to be one of those robots that are built for nothing else than performing menial tasks. that would probably be as deficiently as our human body or even worse :p
robots are made for following orders ,I'd be too rebellious for that.
well,I'd definately give up sex but definately not give up my self-determination ability for achieving total extermination ability x)
we discussed that topic in ethics on the example of the Terminator and therefore watched the movie during our lesson ^.^ Meh, this makes me want to play my dusty Terminator Xbox game even if I often dislike things discussed at school :<
At least we can completely feel free during gaming if we can't replace our body with a pain-free steel shell or shed our skin and roam around with a mental body.
I'm talking about being a robot from science fiction like the terminator with my mind and soul, not the kind of robots we have today. I would considerate it a living hell to be this(the robot in the pic below) for all eternity.
http://www.blogcdn.com/www.engadget.com/media/2012/09/rethink-robotics-baxter-worker-robot.jpg
Which reminds me, there was an interesting segment about the Turing Test and a related contest (forgot the name) last night on Public Radio. Got me thinking about the time in the future when the robots will have a XEROX test, to determine if a being is human.

The OEM I worked for, and for which I do some periodic contract work these days, has a couple projects in the works but they're being a bit coy on the scheduling for those jobs. I need that info so I can schedule my own stuff appropriately.

Oh, and a past vendor isn't responding to my RFQ (request for quote) and it's making life slightly difficult in that I have a customer looking for a certain part supplied by that vendor. C'mon, folks: I'm trying to give you money. Respond, and then take that money. I'm happy, you're happy, and the customer is happy, but only if you get off your ass and answer my request for the same part I've ordered previously.
I have a good one today. Fucking snowstorm. I live in the Atlanta area and I just got back home a couple hours ago after sitting in traffic on an interstate highway turned parking lot/ice skating rink with nowhere to go for 18 + hours. There is a lot of finger pointing going around on how this got so fucked up, especially after the ice storm we had during 2011. Like no one learned a thing from that fiasco.

My car is parked a 1/4 mile (0.4023Km?) down the road from where I live because the road to my neighborhood is all hills and is covered by a solid sheet of ice roughly an inch (2.54cm?) thick. On the plus side, I'm alive and was accident free. Well, I'm going to sleep... finally.
1322: I have a good one today. Fucking snowstorm. I live in the Atlanta area and I just got back home a couple hours ago after sitting in traffic on an interstate highway turned parking lot/ice skating rink with nowhere to go for 18 + hours. There is a lot of finger pointing going around on how this got so fucked up, especially after the ice storm we had during 2011. Like no one learned a thing from that fiasco.

My car is parked a 1/4 mile (0.4023Km?) down the road from where I live because the road to my neighborhood is all hills and is covered by a solid sheet of ice roughly an inch (2.54cm?) thick. On the plus side, I'm alive and was accident free. Well, I'm going to sleep... finally.
The storm in 2011? Ha - they still didn't learn it from the storms in 2000 - 2001, when we lived there!

When I was working there, my commute was about 25 miles each way (we were up in Dacula, north of the Mall of GA and I worked in Norcross) and had a snow "storm". It was 2 inches, tops, which is what we up nort' call "a good start". <cue tinyE> Jumped in the rear-wheel drive Pathfinder and had I-85 all to myself. I mean literally, all 4-6 lanes completely to myself - it was driving paradise. Made it to the office in record time and found one other car in the parking lot. The Parts Manager, another damn Yankee like me, made it in.

The phone rang maybe three times all day and I didn't get any calls for service until almost 3pm - and we were North American support, not Atlanta local. The guy said he wasn't expecting anyone to be there but figured he'd try anyway. Heh. That was my only call all day, and Parts had two calls. Apparently everyone heard that it snowed down there and simply didn't even try to reach us by phone.

Anyway, go get some sleep.
Many people talking about the cold weather here. Global warming my ass. :D

I'm also freezing my ass of lately. It's odd, the last years it would always suffice to heat up the flat once and it would be warm for hours. Now as soon as I turn off the heater I start freezing, my girlfriend and I are even freezing our asses off in bed - that's a new one. Also I noticed a weird air draft lately, when I open a window I can actually hear a howling in several places in our flat. I'm starting to think that either the fire in the building a few months ago or all the renovations going on here may have screwed things up.
F4LL0UT: Many people talking about the cold weather here. Global warming my ass. :D

I'm also freezing my ass of lately. It's odd, the last years it would always suffice to heat up the flat once and it would be warm for hours. Now as soon as I turn off the heater I start freezing, my girlfriend and I are even freezing our asses off in bed - that's a new one. Also I noticed a weird air draft lately, when I open a window I can actually hear a howling in several places in our flat. I'm starting to think that either the fire in the building a few months ago or all the renovations going on here may have screwed things up.
That is Global Warming. The temp goes up causing the ice caps to melt and thus turning everything below and above them into Hoth. Every day the Poles get a little warmer causing the rest of use to get a little colder.
Post edited January 29, 2014 by tinyE
tinyE: Every day the Poles get a little warmer causing the rest of use to get a little colder.
Oh yeah, first we're being accused of stealing cars and now also heat. I assure you that we don't have your heat, we're also freezing our butts off.
tinyE: Every day the Poles get a little warmer causing the rest of use to get a little colder.
F4LL0UT: Oh yeah, first we're being accused of stealing cars and now also heat. I assure you that we don't have your heat, we're also freezing our butts off.
XD For a full minute I sat there thinking, "What the hell is he talking about?"
Way to make me feel like an idiot and laugh my ass off all at the same time.

There is actually a Detroit Red Wings commercial playing here where two of the players form Europe are playing chess; one of them moves his piece up and says "Check." The other stands up and screams, "Swede!"
tinyE: XD For a full minute I sat there thinking, "What the hell is he talking about?"
Way to make me feel like an idiot and laugh my ass off all at the same time.
Nice. Now all I need are occasions to introduce the Flag Pole and the Pole Dancer.

tinyE: There is actually a Detroit Red Wings commercial playing here where two of the players form Europe are playing chess; one of them moves his piece up and says "Check." The other stands up and screams, "Swede!"
I'm genuinely confused. No offense but I didn't think that jokes like that work well in the USA.
miscommunication
Post edited January 29, 2014 by tinyE
tinyE: "Check" as in the chess term and "Czech" as in someone from the Czech Republic.
I'm wondering whether you misunderstood me or you're doing some epic trolling.
tinyE: "Check" as in the chess term and "Czech" as in someone from the Czech Republic.
F4LL0UT: I'm wondering whether you misunderstood me or you're doing some epic trolling.
I have TOTALLY misunderstood you. Let's start from the beginning. Did you not get the joke, or did you get it and find it offensive, or are you surprised that I got it, or are you surprised I didn't find it offensive?
F4LL0UT: No offense but I didn't think that jokes like that work well in the USA.
Offense taken !

Edit : hey people stop talking while I'm writing/laughing, My reply seem very late now.
Post edited January 29, 2014 by Potzato