It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

It seems no one I vote for will ever make it in the elections. There was even a time when the candidate I voted for had over 5 times more votes than some of the people that got in (or something, pretty sure it was like that since I was kinda peeved). Sometimes the way democracy works is rather confusing. If any of y'all cool cat goggers ever runs for an office, I can not vote for you to increase your chances :p
Adzeth: It seems no one I vote for will ever make it in the elections.
Same for me, and that is probably because apart from presidency elections, I usually select candidates that I don't feel are ones to surely go through. I want to vote for underdogs, as long as they are from the preferred party. After all, if I gave my vote to someone who would get through anyway, what's the point? He would get there even without my vote. :)

(ok it's not quite that straighforward, his/her extra votes can pull other candidates from the same party in too, etc. etc.)
Post edited October 29, 2012 by timppu
Had time for a psychiatrist early tomorrow but i'm drunk as hell lol...
PARTY ALL THE TIME!!!!
So the cold space guy and the hurr durr durr guy needed to mess with an almost-sealed contract (meaning it's sealed, but it lacks a stamp and a number).

They did some clever manipulations with the seal, Hurr Durr replaced the offending page with a new and improved version and assembled the stack of pages together, making it look like the seal wasn't tampered with. The space guy (Hurr's actual boss and my nominal boss) went to hand it over to the legal department.

Minutes later, he comes back and says in that quiet and warm voice so that I instantly realize that something hilarious must have happened, "Uh, you know, our contract wasn't accepted."

I look out.

They screwed up the page order. Page three was the first one with the text starting mid-sentence, page one was stuck somewhere in the middle. Okay, knowing our legal department, you can slip anything by them (I know I did), but not when they need to actually fill in the blank on the first page and the first page magically isn't there.

"Dude, how should I know? You should've told me to check this shit!"
My girlfriend has no electricity thanks to hurricane Sandy. -.-
Post edited October 31, 2012 by Protoss
It's just 14:35 here and im pretty damnf drunk already. Didn't have the strengt to go to school. My girdlfirend (well i think my ex now...) is skyping with both her new "boyfriend" and her ex too and playing all kinds of stuff and shes acting like a total whore to be honest... And we just broke up a few weeks ago shes acting like nothing ever happened. We are even living in the same apartment now. Where is this fucking world going? I gotta take another 3 week "vacation" from school i dont see any other option. This is the fourht time in a row someone has dumped me for nothing and possibly cheated for a long perioid of time.
Glad there are you guys helping me out, there's no other community like this thank you all!
Good luck in life!
Damn it! On my work laptop (Win7/64bit), I seem to be stuck using several web browsers now, even within GOG.

For some time, it seemed that the newest Opera browser fits the bill, but now something have changed apparently in GOG forums that posting to the GOG forums doesn't work anymore with that browser. It just gets stuck indefinitely when click press "Post my message".

Also if I use Opera in my web bank, it is veeery slow there. It seems to get stuck for a couple of minutes in any step where the banking web page uses java. But it still gets through, if I just wait long enough.

Internet Explorer 8 works with GOG forums ok, but I can't buy GOG games with it because there's a known issue with that (can't select the credit card expiration date etc.). Opera works ok for that, just bought Gobliins and Mutand Mudds.

Why not use Internet Explorer 9? Because for some reason my employer/system admins don't let us upgrade to it, possibly it has some compatibility problems in intranet or something.

Chrome? It can't be installed either, it has been blocked by system admins?

Firefox? It seems to fit the bill, except that for some reason running it seems to crash the whole computer every now and then. Happened today too when I used it for awhile instead of Opera. I am not confident if the crashes really are due to Firefox, but at least they seem much more frequent when using it, or possibly even when it is merely installed.

So now I am stuck using IE8 in GOG otherwise, except when I want to buy something from GOG, I have to use Opera. Silly. I might send a support ticket to GOG about the Opera not working in forums.

(This message has been written and edited in IE8.)
Post edited October 31, 2012 by timppu
One thing I don't quite get: why is it so often that when we go to meet some friends or "friends" with a car, the hosts kinda forget that we are not supposed to drink any alcohol? Like yesterday, we went to see a friend of my gf. I haven't seen her, nor her husband, before. So while we were sitting there, the husband gets a beer, and asks whether I want one too.

When I say "No thanks, I'm with a car, remember? I don't want to take any risks.", he first acts overly surprised, and then it kinda dawns to him "Oh yeah, of course, maybe not a good idea...". MAYBE? For fjucks sake, of course if I'm driving, I won't take even a sip. My gf doesn't have a driver's license, nor she drinks any alcohol. I'm sure the husband knew that too, ie. that I am the designated driver. He knew we are coming by car, not e.g. public transport or taxi.

But of course it bugs me that I have to turn down free booze. This seems to happen quite often, in many places where most people come with cars, the host still offers alcoholic beverages and acts a bit surprised so many turn it down.

Actually, now I feel they are just trolling. "You want to drink something? Oh yeah, you can't drink because you are driving, nyuk nyuk." Fjuck, next time I accept the whole bottle(s) and take them home with me.
Post edited October 31, 2012 by timppu
timppu: ...
Buying with IE8 worked before, this must be a new issues.
timppu: ...
Don't take that behaviour that seriously. Most people don't really care and drink even though they are the drivers, so I guess that's what your friend's husband was thinking.

Besides, what bad could a bottle of beer do to you? It mostly takes 3-4 to feel even the slightest effect (unless your beers there are stronger than the ones around here).
Post edited October 31, 2012 by Elenarie
Elenarie: Besides, what bad could a bottle of beer do to you? It mostly takes 3-4 to feel even the slightest effect (unless your beers there are stronger than the ones around here).
I think it's a matter of principle. I associate alcohol with not driving and am in no hurry to change this. Strangely, however, I have no problem with cycling home after a night in the pub, although on a bike the chance to cause serious harm to others is greatly reduced.

As for the beers, the brands most people buy and drink float around the 4.7% ABV mark. There are a few milder (around 3.5%) and stronger ones (up to about 12%, although relatively few are over 6%).
Elenarie: Buying with IE8 worked before, this must be a new issues.
Pretty recent, I think.

http://www.gog.com/en/forum/general/purchase_problems

Too bad I'm stuck with IE8 on this laptop (as far as IEs go).

Elenarie: Don't take that behaviour that seriously. Most people don't really care and drink even though they are the drivers, so I guess that's what your friend's husband was thinking.

Besides, what bad could a bottle of beer do to you? It mostly takes 3-4 to feel even the slightest effect (unless your beers there are stronger than the ones around here).
Writing a bit tongue in the cheek... but still it irritates me a bit. I am unsure if it is about them forgetting I'm driving, or if they really believe it shouldn't matter if I take a few.

Here drinking at all while driving is quite widely frowned upon, even if we still have quite a lot of drunk drivers too. The limit (alcohol in blood) is set quite low on purpose by law, more as a sign that you shouldn't drink at all if you're going to drive. A bit like drinking or smoking while pregnant, you shouldn't do it at all even if there was some arbitrary "safe limit".
Elenarie: Besides, what bad could a bottle of beer do to you? It mostly takes 3-4 to feel even the slightest effect (unless your beers there are stronger than the ones around here).
It depends on what you are trying to accomplish. Just measure your performance in a FPS multiplayer match before and after you drank this bottle of beer. RPG wise the consumption of alcoholic beverages won't affect your speech/social skills but it will lower your dexterity temporarily ;).
Punctured tyre. Fuck.
Why the fuck is Cee-Lo Green popular? I am so fucking sick of this moron and his awful goddamn music. I just got to "experience" his most recent atrocity, which is his Thursday Night Football theme song. Know what it is? IT'S BLITZKRIEG BOP WITH THE LYRICS CHANGED TO MAKE IT ABOUT FOOTBALL! For fucks sake, Johnny Ramone must be turning over in his grave.
Work wife was super handsy today...