It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Today I saw a guy walking along the street with a knife in his hand. The situation didn't feel all that threatening (other than that he was swinging a knife in public), but like... damn it, people! Stop doing crap like that!

Also, you friend people should listen to Fenixp. He seems legit.
AlKim: Winter keeps on getting better and better. I did some cycling on slicks. Interesting handling characteristics now. I don't really mind, but it would be nice if the brakes didn't lock up so easily.

Not only that, but it turns out my winter boots are beginning to disintegrate from the inside. I've had them for several years so I guess I shouldn't be surprised, but too bad I'm also rubbish at buying clothing, including footwear. EDIT: Bought a new pair online, hope they ship fast.
Just bought myself some much needed alpine ski gear. The snow may have arrived a bit early, but I'm really looking forward to climbing white peaks and hitting mountain sides.

Just thought I'd bring some sunshine into this thread. =)
Post edited October 27, 2012 by Primate
langurmonkey: If something serious is preventing you from being there for your best friend(like being in a coma or something) then that is understandable. But I think in most cases, it is simply people not caring enough. Being busy with work or this or that is no excuse.
Fenixp: Of course it's an excuse, it's work for crying out loud. Do you have any idea how hard can it be to get a job nowadays? That set aside, who forced you to help or ... Well do pretty much anything for your friend in the past? Did he / she want any of what you did at gunpoint? Did you have freedom of not helping him/her? Yes? Well in that case, you've done so because you wanted to. And now you'd hold that person in some kind of self-imposed debt? This entire idea of any of your friends actually being in any way obliged to help you when you need it sounds rather silly.

If they don't help you, well, that is tough, but it's you who's to blame for putting energy into them in the past without getting to know them better, for believing that they won't turn their back on you the very minute you want to be on the receiving end. Even if you were friends for a long time in the past, even when you were helping each other for years and the help was genuinely mutual, it might just happen that the other person's going trough stage in a life that's very tough or just unbearable and doesn't even tell you about it. If the help was never mutual and you were always giving, well... You should have seen that coming. This entire thing reminds me of a friend who was brutally friendzoned by one girl - I've kept poundig all this into his head and he, thank god, understood eventually. But got incredibly hurt during the process.
I said being with work is no excuse because with most jobs, you do get time off. Because other than being a soldier in the some military during war time and a few other jobs, there aren't many jobs out there that make you work 24/7 sometimes. People busy with work, get to go home, have a few hours of free time and time to sleep. If someone can't make time for a best friend then obviously he or she is not a best friend. Busy with work is no excuse someone can have to not spare 15 minutes of their time, with a phone call or an email. But yeah, I agree with you about one thing. One should get to know someone very well before expecting someone to be a best friend back and not just automatically expect someone to be this or that because...people nowadays.... no concept of loyalty. Something not convenient for them, they turn their back on you. "Ohhh, my life is so hard, so fuck my best friend, I'm not going waste a second on him or her". And if you think these words are silly then you have no concept of loyalty. And I pity you for having such low standards when it comes to people.
Adzeth: Today I saw a guy walking along the street with a knife in his hand. The situation didn't feel all that threatening (other than that he was swinging a knife in public), but like... damn it, people! Stop doing crap like that!

Also, you friend people should listen to Fenixp. He seems legit.
He is lucky he did that in Finland and not in the USA.
Post edited October 27, 2012 by langurmonkey
How do you call that thing companies do in a recruitment process where they get all the candidates, put them in a room and have them plan small projects and then make a small presentation of them?

Because I've just failed at another one. It's like, the 20th time since the end of the last year.

Fuck this shit. I'm not applying for another job that requires me to go through this. Now the problem is, I've only been called once for a direct interview. As a recent-graduate, I don't have a lot of options.

But in the end, I knew this would happen. I've had a pretty rough life as far as social interaction was concerned. 1 year of trying was not enough to correct 20 of near-isolation.

Damn it.
Post edited October 27, 2012 by Drakhyrr
"форум временно отключен"

Oh come on, I just wanted to download a torrent or three.
I'm actually fucking tired before I go out to the party tonight... again. I was actually asleep this morning for the first time in over a week and my kid starts yelling across the house asking me questions around 7 am... fuck, fuck, fuck.

I guess there's bigger gripes but I hate being exhausted all the time and this fall has been non-stop "that" for whatever reason (weather, work, not sure really...).
Post edited October 27, 2012 by orcishgamer
Mega storm incoming. Hope it doesn't fuck up too much shit...
Adzeth: Today I saw a guy walking along the street with a knife in his hand. The situation didn't feel all that threatening (other than that he was swinging a knife in public), but like... damn it, people! Stop doing crap like that!
langurmonkey: He is lucky he did that in Finland and not in the USA.
Why? If it is somehow related to guns (that e.g. other civilians might have on them while walking a dog or going to an amusement park with family, to gun him down), unfortunately there are lots of those too in Finland, especially due to hunting.

E.g. just a few weeks ago there was some shooting case in a restaurant in Helsinki (some Vietnamese immigrant who apparently had a long criminal record already) which got quite a lot of press coverage here (two were hit, no one died; just some stupid argument), and just today I read news of some 46-years old a-hole who had tried to shoot some bloke in his twenties in Toijala (didn't hit).

I've learned the best defence against people like those is to remain indoors playing PC games.
Post edited October 28, 2012 by timppu
langurmonkey: He is lucky he did that in Finland and not in the USA.
timppu: Why?
I'm guessing it's something related to this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7z6CYm5tfB8&feature=player_detailpage
timppu: Why?
Adzeth: I'm guessing it's something related to this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7z6CYm5tfB8&feature=player_detailpage
Well considering there is a lot of crazy people here, Police Officers here would probably treat a guy walking around with a knife, like a guy who just robbed a bank.
Pretty sure my DS was stolen :| that was a gift a few years ago. I haven't played it in a while but I wanted to play The World Ends With You again. God knows when I'll be able to afford to buy a new one. -karma for someone else I guess.

I'm watching the new season of Gintama and that puts my mood back up a bit though. I love Gintama.
Post edited October 28, 2012 by Goatbrush
A giant noreaster/hurricane thing is headed directly for my house. It's gonna be a long two days.
EC-: A giant noreaster/hurricane thing is headed directly for my house. It's gonna be a long two days.
Not to make light, but my family dog shares the same name as Hurricane Sandy, which I feel is an appropriate metaphor. Be safe and be well, we thought we were gonna be slammed last night, but not so much. From one human being to another, I hope you share our luck.
Post edited October 29, 2012 by desnoscross
desnoscross: Not to make light, but my family dog shares the same name as Hurricane Sandy, which I feel is an appropriate metaphor.
Making light is perfectly acceptable; humor is the only thing that keeps me alive sometimes.

Where my house is, I am positioned in an elevated area without many trees, so I am hoping that the damage here will be kept to a minimum. I am missing work, which sucks, but I think my position is pretty good otherwise (I'm keeping a bunch of stuff charged, too). In the major cities (particularly Philadelphia) and coastal areas around where Sandy makes landfall, however, there's bound to be some major devastation.

EDIT: Also, I love the John Belushi quote under your name.
Post edited October 29, 2012 by EC-
desnoscross: Not to make light, but my family dog shares the same name as Hurricane Sandy, which I feel is an appropriate metaphor.
EC-: Making light is perfectly acceptable; humor is the only thing that keeps me alive sometimes.

Where my house is, I am positioned in an elevated area without many trees, so I am hoping that the damage here will be kept to a minimum. I am missing work, which sucks, but I think my position is pretty good otherwise (I'm keeping a bunch of stuff charged, too). In the major cities (particularly Philadelphia) and coastal areas around where Sandy makes landfall, however, there's bound to be some major devastation.

EDIT: Also, I love the John Belushi quote under your name.
Thank you, nice to see someone enjoy the reference, I couldn't fit No Eggs. Cheeseburger. Too many letter in Cheeseburger.