It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

low rated
richlind33: Forget "online" and stick to GOG. "Teasing" is light-years away from what we're actually discussing. How you get from "stalking" to "teasing" might well be another instance of pathological behavior.
I was talking on such people in general and how some do such just to tease people....I wasn't talking about one person with that bit.

richlind33: I noticed his new forum title several days ago. I noticed how disturbed he is several years ago.
I guess my "nearly everyone can be 'saved' or reasoned with" stance didn't help me there....I tried for months to try to convince him to be better/post more of his actual good posts to no avail(stubbornness on my part, or just me not seeing the forest for the trees?).

(Also gonna drop this in a bit...don't want staff to have reason to give me a "leave" as well)
Post edited November 12, 2019 by GameRager
richlind33: Forget "online" and stick to GOG. "Teasing" is light-years away from what we're actually discussing. How you get from "stalking" to "teasing" might well be another instance of pathological behavior.
GameRager: I was talking on such people in general and how some do such just to tease people....I wasn't talking about one person with that bit.
People who downvote in a manner that is consistent with OCD have nothing in common with "trolls" in general.

Obviously we're not talking about one person, but it should be equally obvious that this has little or nothing to do with "trolling".
low rated
richlind33: People who downvote in a manner that is consistent with OCD have nothing in common with "trolls" in general.
I disagree a bit...they can and often do irritate some people and are hard to get along with same as some trolls.

richlind33: Obviously we're not talking about one person, but it should be equally obvious that this has little or nothing to do with "trolling".
Some of the people who downrate me are likely trolls....heck even TinyE claimed to be trolling the forums in one post(I forget which one but could look it up if you want to gauge it yourself)...and while he might not be a true troll and likely many more are like him in why they dislike me I still think some are likely doing it just to get under my skin/the skin of others they downrate.

Regardless, there is not much I can do but vent....staff don't seem to want to counter the rep abuse with serious efforts, and for those that dislike me: Those like TinyE or similar(disliking me for some slight or perceived thing I did or said they dislike) likely are too stubborn/stuck in their mindset to even be convinced otherwise* or are trolls trolling me and see me as too good a punching bag to give up.
-------------------------------------------------
*= This is somewhat supported by the fact that I have started posting more on games and less on topics some dislike, have been nicer to people, have moved some threads offsite, and still get low rated into oblivion.
Give it a rest and get a life.
low rated
Tauto: Give it a rest and get a life.
This is coming from the same guy who had a thing going with TinyE for months if not longer over some slight in the past.

I just came in here to vent a bit...where is the harm? Is this not the thread for it?
Post edited November 13, 2019 by GameRager
Tauto: Give it a rest and get a life.
GameRager: This coming from the guy who had a thing going with TinyE for months if not longer.

I just came in here to vent a bit...where is the harm? Is this not the thread for it?
Bit sick of seeing the same old crap about down voting and this from someone that couldn't care less. You made numerous posts about not caring about down voting but the next post is crying about it. Well, Martha or Arthur which is it?
richlind33: People who downvote in a manner that is consistent with OCD have nothing in common with "trolls" in general.
GameRager: I disagree a bit...they can and often do irritate some people and are hard to get along with same as some trolls.

richlind33: Obviously we're not talking about one person, but it should be equally obvious that this has little or nothing to do with "trolling".
GameRager: Some of the people who downrate me are likely trolls....heck even TinyE claimed to be trolling the forums in one post(I forget which one but could look it up if you want to gauge it yourself)...and while he might not be a true troll and likely many more are like him in why they dislike me I still think some are likely doing it just to get under my skin/the skin of others they downrate.

Regardless, there is not much I can do but vent....staff don't seem to want to counter the rep abuse with serious efforts, and for those that dislike me: Those like TinyE or similar(disliking me for some slight or perceived thing I did or said they dislike) likely are too stubborn/stuck in their mindset to even be convinced otherwise* or are trolls trolling me and see me as too good a punching bag to give up.
*= This is somewhat supported by the fact that I have started posting more on games and less on topics some dislike, have been nicer to people, have moved some threads offsite, and still get low rated into oblivion.
"Troll" is a term that is so subjective that it is almost worthless in terms of conveying useful information. Clearly you have some sort of infatuation with it, and perhaps you should ask yourself why that is. For myself, I avoid these sorts of words because they tend to trigger reactionary responses, which is counterproductive if you're trying to engage in reasoned discussion.

The bottom line is that anyone who wastes significant amounts of time and energy being petty and vindictive is someone who has serious mental health issues.
low rated
Tauto: Bit sick of seeing the same old crap about down voting and this from someone that couldn't care less. You made numerous posts about not caring about down voting but the next post is crying about it. Well, Martha or Arthur which is it?
The answer is a bit of both....I don't care about the loss of the points, BUT I still dislike it as it discourages people from possibly replying to my posts/reading them due to being low rated(Also iirc it auto greys out my thread when I make new posts if the op posts are low rated).

I also find it moderately disrespectful(and also on the rules aspect I dislike how the staff doesn't uphold that rule and allows others to downrate me/you/others without doing much about it).
=====================================

richlind33: "Troll" is a term that is so subjective that it is almost worthless in terms of conveying useful information. Clearly you have some sort of infatuation with it, and perhaps you should ask yourself why that is.
No infatuation per se, or at least not for the reasons you likely think. I usually apply it to a subset of people who do certain actions for certain types of reasons online, mainly to set apart those with valid criticisms/set beliefs they cannot change easily from those who just do it to get a rise out of others.

richlind33: For myself, I avoid these sorts of words because they tend to trigger reactionary responses, which is counterproductive if you're trying to engage in reasoned discussion.
I usually only use it in the generalist sense when talking about that aforementioned subset of people who argue with me/others, and I never call people trolls individually unless I know for sure they are likely to be one(which is rare) and don't care about their opinion of me at that point.

richlind33: The bottom line is that anyone who wastes significant amounts of time and energy being petty and vindictive is someone who has serious mental health issues.
You are likely right for most such people.
Post edited November 13, 2019 by GameRager
low rated
GameRager:
richlind33: The bottom line is that anyone who wastes significant amounts of time and energy being petty and vindictive is someone who has serious mental health issues.
Did you have an operation? LOL.
Sachys: sounds like your setup, or, you need vocal training?

(most likely two factors)

or... youve been huffing helium and sulphur hexaflouride alternatively?! O___o
JungleLizard: It's like the lower I try taking my voice, the less my mic picks up on it. And I worry about being too drowned out by the music as well.

Guess more training wouldn't kill me. I have thought about taking a course in college, which opens up again next fall. Will I need to take more vocal lessons in the meantime? That is the question.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dynamic_range_compression
I can't tell you anything about your voice... but if you're doing the recording* yourself in your home studio, it wouldn't be a bad idea to read up a bit on recording techniques and/or processing.

*Even if you're not recording, a compressor between the mic and the amp will even out the dynamics.
But sure, maybe some lessons may help you to sing at a more stable volume... though I know little about that. I use my own voice more as 'sound effect'.
Post edited November 13, 2019 by teceem
JungleLizard: It's like the lower I try taking my voice, the less my mic picks up on it. And I worry about being too drowned out by the music as well.

Guess more training wouldn't kill me. I have thought about taking a course in college, which opens up again next fall. Will I need to take more vocal lessons in the meantime? That is the question.
teceem: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dynamic_range_compression
I can't tell you anything about your voice... but if you're doing the recording* yourself in your home studio, it wouldn't be a bad idea to read up a bit on recording techniques and/or processing.

*Even if you're not recording, a compressor between the mic and the amp will even out the dynamics.
But sure, maybe some lessons may help you to sing at a more stable volume... though I know little about that. I use my own voice more as 'sound effect'.
My mic is usb though. I don't know how helpful that would be in my case.
JungleLizard: My mic is usb though. I don't know how helpful that would be in my case.
Shouldn't matter; USB mics just have a built-in audio interface (ADC).
... unless it's a 5$ piece of crap. USB mics usually aren't "professional quality", but that doesn't necessarily mean that they're "bad" or not good enough to do the job.
Post edited November 13, 2019 by teceem
Tauto: Did you have an operation? LOL.
Would you like a referral? lol
low rated
Tauto: Did you have an operation? LOL.
richlind33: Would you like a referral? lol
Well it seems we don't need to find another TinyE as we already have one.... o.0
richlind33: Would you like a referral? lol
GameRager: Well it seems we don't need to find another TinyE as we already have one.... o.0
"The only thing worse than bad publicity is no publicity." ;p