It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Telika: Also, I don't mean to whine all the time, but I'm forced to stay inside because of the toxic fallout, but i have no electricity due to a solar flare. And in addition to that, a fire is raging outside due to the toxic fallout killing a herd of boomalopes.

A psychic surge now and I'm done for.
you're starting to sound like Bradley. :P
Note to self:

Do NOT get a Disqus account.
Germany, October, autumn, seven o'clock in the morning: Standing on the balcony in pyjamas and not freezing. That isn't right.
viperfdl: Germany, October, autumn, seven o'clock in the morning: Standing on the balcony in pajamas and not freezing. That isn't right.
Yeah,but what are pajamas?
viperfdl: Germany, October, autumn, seven o'clock in the morning: Standing on the balcony in pajamas and not freezing. That isn't right.
Tauto: Yeah,but what are pajamas?
The same as pyjamas, I guess...
lanipcga: Do NOT get a Disqus account.
Very good advice for anyone. When did they turn evil?
Themken: Very good advice for anyone. When did they turn evil?
Disqus is innocent. It's the basement-dwellers who use it to troll and spew hatred who are the real villains.
lanipcga: Disqus is innocent.
Oh but I remember reading about them distributing way too much ads, maybe even adware.

Any forum can turn toxic. I have seen some discussions on YouTube that are appauling. How can people be so evil. One should try to feed the good within you, not the demon.
lanipcga: Disqus is innocent.
Themken: Oh but I remember reading about them distributing way too much ads, maybe even adware.

Any forum can turn toxic. I have seen some discussions on YouTube that are appauling. How can people be so evil. One should try to feed the good within you, not the demon.
Here's some advice that is often given in various internet discussions involving marginalized people:

"Don't read the comments."

https://xkcd.com/481/

(Note that this is sometimes an issue even here on the GOG forums, even with the recent "no politics" rule being instituted.)

Edit: I also saw a post once which described reading hostile forums to be a form of self-harm.
Post edited October 15, 2018 by dtgreene
Themken: Any forum can turn toxic.
But toxicity = profit.
Well, not sure if this is a 'bitch' : accidentally locked myself out of my facebook account, which I don't really use in any case XD It's a pretty old account that I created with a dummy name and dummy email which I've long since forgotten the password to, and I could only log in to facebook because chrome remembered my password.
Yesterday I decided to revert my laptop to its original state via a recovery partition on the hard drive, which formats everything apart from the recovery partition. So now there's no way I can get back into my account, save perhaps by contacting facebook directly.

But meh, can't be bothered at this point :P
low rated
dtgreene: (Note that this is sometimes an issue even here on the GOG forums, even with the recent "no politics" rule being instituted.)
Wwwwwait, when did that happen?

I fully understand why it happened of course, their up to now only solution to the culture wars was twosidesing the fuck out of every entirely one sided case, and I guess they thought if no political discussion happens any more, it doesn't look so awful any more.

But it's not the case. Because of course all games are art, all art is political, and discussion of the medium is a discussion of politics in many worthwhile cases. Also - gamers tend to criticise game developers for political reasons all the time. The left as well as the right with the slight difference that the left criticise for what devs have actually done and the right for what they've drawn out of their own asses. And explaining why a ridiculous claim is made for badly hidden political reasons requires the ability to discuss politics.

This new rule avoids the conflict amongst members to the benefit of developer bashing and conspiracy mongering.

Anyway... I was off for other forums anyway. This just helps.
Post edited October 19, 2018 by Vainamoinen
My mother is incompetent. XD

It wouldn't be so bad but she insist on taking credit for running this place when in truth all she does is balance the checkbook. Every day people keep telling me how brilliant and wonderful she is meanwhile I just finished going through seventeen reservations she made this month that DIDN'T HAVE DATES ON THEM!!!!! XD

And of course she refuses to admit she screwed up.
'Oh, I wrote the dates on there but somehow they got erased.'

Any day now, I'm in a tower, how powered rifle in tow!
Some people should never have been allowed to drive:

Today a woman coming from right in a T-section just crossed the lane I was in, right in front of me. Really surrealistic, it kinda went slow-mo while my car was hurling towards her car, but I'm glad I was fast on the break in that instance. I spammed the horn, yet she had that empty look while she crossed straight over and turned in the opposite direction.

And then, not 20 min after that, I was waiting for some pedestrians to cross over as I was turning to the right, an old guy from the opposite direction, turns aggressively in and positions himself on the crosswalk, nearly runs over the pedestrians (we're both on the same side of the cross walk). Just ignoring the fact that he should have waited for me to turn, as per the traffic law, at least the ones I was taught. So, as the pedestrians now almost runs over to the other side, he turns his head towards me and apparently yells something, starts pointing in every direction while his (I think) his wife looks relatively confused. And then he rushes away like an angry turnip.

I mean seriously, forget men that are driving fast, many "entitled"/"incompetent" 30/40+ women and elderly just sees their own noes and have egos as long as an airstrip... + they have no clue on how the traffic system works.

Oh yes, almost forgot PS: Yesterday, an elderly woman drove across the crosswalk and between two pillars, into a parking lot, and just parked. Just to shave off 8 seconds... O_O

I really need to put up my dashcamera again XD
Post edited October 22, 2018 by sanscript
Fucking Tenhou, that website has to be rigged. There is no way I can possibly have such bad luck every damn time I reach a certain threshold. And it's not just "bad luck", there are situations that have like a 0.0X chance to occur. It's ridiculous. Maybe it's something in the system that doesn't allow free accounts to reach anything higher than 3rd dan. Also, the amount of ippatsus I've seen recently is completely unreal.