It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Slapped by the night. Hm, yeah. Sometimes I'm not too keen on this saving hours thing either.
dtgreene: unless they have main characters.
I think I should refrain from leading this discussion towards NPCs...

♪♫♪
Leading this discussions towards NPCs,
gets us a shitstorm from unhappy peeps,
they feel opressed on every occasion,
and get so nasty on the web-nation.

Leading this discussions towards NPCs,
gives all the snowflakes the heavy creeps
they feel so special in their victim train
Now it's your time to complain.
♪♫♪

ps. Don't ask oO Just pretend you never read this.
In Dragon Warrior, going from level 25 to level 26 took a bit longer than it should have for two reasons:
* I dozed off a little a few times.
* My character got put to sleep a few times by Axe Knights.
Supposed to get my PS4 bundle with Red Dead Redemption 2 today, but it got delayed. Waaah, boo hoo hoo....
[deleted]
Post edited November 19, 2018 by robky
New releases are really starting to become a problem for me here. I'd love to buy Project Hospital on gog, but it's literally more than double the price it is on steam, and both at a -10% discount. Since the gog price is too steep for me as well, steam is where I'll have to buy it.
robky: ...
Ugh, I can't stand humble bragging.

Colleges tend to have all kind of hobby-type clubs : DnD, tabletop wargaming, hiking, adventure racing etc. etc. Perhaps the one thing that transcends all races, religions, personalities and people's ages, are a shared passion like a hobby. Definitely consider checking out those clubs man.
Post edited October 31, 2018 by Matewis
robky:
I'm 42 live with my parents and haven't kissed a girl in 24 years. :P But hey man, I have my cat and my GOG account, so all is well.

Feel better? XD
Post edited October 31, 2018 by tinyE
robky: again i'm browsing the internet late at night looking for the loneliest music out there to numb the pain,
HAH ! Wrongest strategy. Never, ever, listen to the music you're in the mood for.

Listen to the music that you would absolutely not want to hear at all at that point.

Also, okay, to each their own recipes, but good clever authors (novels and essais), from Arendt to Eco, or decent poets, do marvels. In putting things in perspective.

Also, as often mentionned, involvement in small NGOs is the best way to contribute to this planet, see a broader picture, and to stumble upon decent people.
Post edited October 31, 2018 by Telika
dtgreene: In Dragon Warrior, going from level 25 to level 26 took a bit longer than it should have for two reasons:
Dragon Warrior has dungeons that reach to such unfathomable depths? O.o
When you found that little plastic parts online for ¢10 but the delivery cost is $1 xD
Low on coffee, but not low enough to get up.
dtgreene: In Dragon Warrior, going from level 25 to level 26 took a bit longer than it should have for two reasons:
chevkoch: Dragon Warrior has dungeons that reach to such unfathomable depths? O.o
Wrong type of level; I'm talking about experience level, not dungeon level.

Also, I note that level 18-20 is what a typical player will be by endgame. (If you ever see a run where the player beats the game before level 17, the player almost certainly manipulated the RNG; in particular, this includes the AGDQ 2018 run of the game, as well as the TAS of the game.)
[deleted]
Post edited November 19, 2018 by robky
robky: i used to go to a club before and got into a few activities, but nothing really stuck to me, as i said, it's really difficult making connections with anyone, and also, i wasn't humble bragging in any way, i just wanted to point out the situation why i feel lonely, and i'm aware other people have it worse, but it doesn't mean i'm happy about the situation either, as for the music, anything that's not depressive makes me angry, i can't stand listening to anything that doesn't fit my mood, i know other people are the opposite, but it's just how i am
Yeah, clubs... I really don't get what people want in there. And how to make connections when nobody understands a word the other is saying. ;)

You will always choose the music and other media that somehow reflects your individual mood or even personality. Nothing can be done about that. But you might find that as you get to know other people and their personalities, you'll warm to their music and stories too. So that other media isn't step one it's step two. The root of change and the road to change here is "new friends" to begin with. In my experience, "looking for friends" and "making friends" is a legend of the adult world. Friendships happen. And the only thing you can really "do" to make friends is to bring yourself in a situation in which you're not actively looking for the connection, but in which it can happen. Clubs are shit if they don't play your music. Go to places that play your music. Heck, learn an instrument then go looking for a band to play in. Or go to workshops that teach your hobby (or a hobby you'd like to have). Go to museums that show your kind of art. Get involved in the causes that are dear to your heart (my mom got all her guys from church. Juuuust browsed and plucked 'em). Visit the places you want to see. Treat yourself well, do things for yourself, do things in the outside world on your own initiative. Don't go "looking for friends", really. Make the experiences you want to make, and someone may actually want to join you. If nobody does, take pride and joy from having made the experiences you wanted to make.

Don't form your identity around 'being gloomy' and 'not having friends' (or worst of all, 'being unfucked'). It just fucks with the soul. Make sure you're more than that, even if and especially if you remain alone.
Post edited November 01, 2018 by Vainamoinen
robky: i used to go to a club before and got into a few activities, but nothing really stuck to me, as i said, it's really difficult making connections with anyone, and also, i wasn't humble bragging in any way, i just wanted to point out the situation why i feel lonely, and i'm aware other people have it worse, but it doesn't mean i'm happy about the situation either, as for the music, anything that's not depressive makes me angry, i can't stand listening to anything that doesn't fit my mood, i know other people are the opposite, but it's just how i am
Vainamoinen: Yeah, clubs... I really don't get what people want in there. And how to make connections when nobody understands a word the other is saying. ;)

You will always choose the music and other media that somehow reflects your individual mood or even personality. Nothing can be done about that. But you might find that as you get to know other people and their personalities, you'll warm to their music and stories too. So that other media isn't step one it's step two. The root of change and the road to change here is "new friends" to begin with. In my experience, "looking for friends" and "making friends" is a legend of the adult world. Friendships happen. And the only thing you can really "do" to make friends is to bring yourself in a situation in which you're not actively looking for the connection, but in which it can happen. Clubs are shit if they don't play your music. Go to places that play your music. Heck, learn an instrument then go looking for a band to play in. Or go to workshops that teach your hobby (or a hobby you'd like to have). Go to museums that show your kind of art. Get involved in the causes that are dear to your heart (my mom got all her guys from church. Juuuust browsed and plucked 'em). Visit the places you want to see. Treat yourself well, do things for yourself, do things in the outside world on your own initiative. Don't go "looking for friends", really. Make the experiences you want to make, and someone may actually want to join you. If nobody does, take pride and joy from having made the experiences you wanted to make.

Don't form your identity around 'being gloomy' and 'not having friends' (or worst of all, 'being unfucked'). It just fucks with the soul. Make sure you're more than that, even if and especially if you remain alone.
Another idea is to find a hobby that you can do with other people.

For example, if you know how to play a band instrument, join a community band; you can meet many nice people there. (With that said, most of the ones I've played in skew older.) There's also groups for hobbies like knitting, dungeons and dragons, and technology. There are also other activities I am not listing, because I don't know every single activity there is.