It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Why do some people have the compulsion to shout while they sneeze??
Normally : aaCHOO!
But my asshole neighbour : WAAAAHHHHHCHHOOOO-WHAAAAA!!
Makes me jump in my chair each time.
Post edited May 13, 2018 by Matewis
Matewis: Why do some people have the compulsion to shout while they sneeze??
Attention seekers.Seriously, you are right as it is annoying and unnecessary. Bad nerves being a bit jumpy?:)
I totally let got when I sneeze. :P I have a fear that if I hold anything back the pressure will cause my head to explode.

On the up side, when I do this I make sure I'm not around anyone (going so far as to get up and run out of the room when I feel a sneeze coming on) because I do realize how annoying it is.
Better a choo than a-CHOO ;-x

I forgot to take my pills this morning because a lot of things happened just as the reminder for it beeped; now I am lying here wheezing and drained of all energy waiting for the medicine to take effect.
Post edited May 13, 2018 by Themken
Speaking of sneezing.
Tauto: Attention seekers.Seriously, you are right as it is annoying and unnecessary. Bad nerves being a bit jumpy?:)
Well not really, but my blood pressure certainly jumps each time :P
tinyE: I totally let got when I sneeze. :P I have a fear that if I hold anything back the pressure will cause my head to explode.

On the up side, when I do this I make sure I'm not around anyone (going so far as to get up and run out of the room when I feel a sneeze coming on) because I do realize how annoying it is.
I don't think this guy is merely 'letting go', it's more like he actually starts to yell the half second before he sneezes.

I also like to let go a bit when I sneeze though. I hunch over, and kind of do a little hop right as I sneeze, to get the impression of my sneeze briefly launching me into the air. Naturally I also make sure that nobody is around :P

Sneezing underwater is pretty refreshing as well.
Themken: Better a choo than a-CHOO ;-x
But better a-CHOO than aa-GHNKKkk. Every now and again I hear people somehow suppressing a sneeze this way, making it sound like their innards are imploding :P
Are we thinking about this too much? :P
I'd like to point out that the greek expression for "bless you" sounds exactly like a sneeze ("yitses!") and that is super cool.

It actually means something like "your health", but I spent decades believing that greeks just answer to sneezing with a polite onomatopea, and finding it totally cute.
Themken: Better a choo than a-CHOO ;-x
Matewis: But better a-CHOO than aa-GHNKKkk. Every now and again I hear people somehow suppressing a sneeze this way, making it sound like their innards are imploding :P
That's my mom, sort of. She'll hold it in so it makes kind of a combo sharp intake then rapidly followed by a short GHNKKkk / Pffffft combo, but then has to punctuate it by SAYING "AH-choo!" in a sing-song manner.
Wanted to google the history of discounts on the latest Hitman game. Got answers about the current costs of hiring a hitman.

Not what I meant. :-(
I got a job and lost it the next day.
Dr_Adder: I got a job and lost it the next day.
That... that is... what? HOW?!

I guess that the more pressure you discharge, the more effective the sneeze, and if that pressure hits the vocal cords... bingo. Much more interesting is the sound that comes immediately after the sneeze. I formerly had a direct superior with whom I held contests about the most embarrassing sneeze appendage. It's often a sound of relief, a bit like a yawn, and there's simply no reason to do it.
Post edited May 14, 2018 by Vainamoinen
Dr_Adder: I got a job and lost it the next day.
Vainamoinen: That... that is... what? HOW?!
A few years ago Notre Dame fired their new football coach the day after hiring him.

And of course we of course have the trump administration. The Mooch only lasted I think four days. :P
Post edited May 14, 2018 by tinyE
I feel like I wasn't trained enough. So on my first day I think I annoyed the supervisors by asking them what to do. Later I came into the backroom and supervisors were horsing around. So I asked when it got busy and I think that was when I had gone too far. I don't know. I didn't need the job, but the extra income would have been nice.