It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Matewis: Ouch that's bad :( Isn't your computer less than a year old?
Vainamoinen: That's what I said!
I think he needs to give his brother a good smack upside the head next time he sees him!
Vainamoinen: That's what I said!
Matewis: I think he needs to give his brother a good smack upside the head next time he sees him!
Would you believe when I called him today, he blamed me.
Said I wouldn't have these problems if I didn't live in the middle of nowhere.
Matewis: I think he needs to give his brother a good smack upside the head next time he sees him!
tinyE: Would you believe when I called him today, he blamed me.
Lol tell him it is so that you don't have to live somewhere surrounded by assholes like him!

I'm afraid I'm very pessimistic about bluescreens :P If it only started happening fairly recently, instead of shortly after you got the pc, then based on I think just about all my blue screen experiences it's probably a hardware fault. The other option is problems with your drivers but if not then my money would be on a damaged (probably heat damaged) gpu. Or being plugged into a temperamental electricity grid, but I doubt that's a problem over there.
tinyE: Would you believe when I called him today, he blamed me.
Matewis: Lol tell him it is so that you don't have to live somewhere surrounded by assholes like him!

I'm afraid I'm very pessimistic about bluescreens :P If it only started happening fairly recently, instead of shortly after you got the pc, then based on I think just about all my blue screen experiences it's probably a hardware fault. The other option is problems with your drivers but if not then my money would be on a damaged (probably heat damaged) gpu. Or being plugged into a temperamental electricity grid, but I doubt that's a problem over there.
My drivers are up to date.
I don't know.
It hasn't crashed in about four hours

Honestly I don't mind the crashed, up till now. I usually got one, the PC scanned, rebooted, was fine the rest of the day. But this morning they started coming every few minutes and the bluescreen froze after it finished scanning.

i did notice that when the drivers updated a few days ago I forgot to uncheck the extras and ended up with several 3d apps my computer can't use. I deleted those. That won't help with the daily crash but I'm hoping it stops the constant crashes.
Post edited May 29, 2018 by tinyE
tinyE: My drivers are up to date.
I don't know.

Honestly I don't mind the crashed, up till now. I usually got one, the PC scanned, rebooted, was fine the rest of the day. But this morning they started coming every few minutes and the bluescreen froze after it finished scanning.

i did notice that when the drivers updated a few days ago I forgot to uncheck the extras and ended up with several 3d apps my computer can't use. I deleted those. That won't help with the daily crash but I'm hoping it stops the constant crashes.
I can't say I'm very knowledgeable about these things, but from my fair share of headaches in the past the first thing I would try is to install an older graphics driver. If that doesn't work, which it most likely won't, then I'd swap out the gpu for an another one. Like from your previous pc or wherever else you can find one. If it still persists then I'd try to google the codes in the actual bluescreen.
There weren't any serious lightning storms in the area recently?
I don't know.

Matewis: I can't say I'm very knowledgeable about these things, but from my fair share of headaches in the past the first thing I would try is to install an older graphics driver. If that doesn't work, which it most likely won't, then I'd swap out the gpu for an another one. Like from your previous pc or wherever else you can find one. If it still persists then I'd try to google the codes in the actual bluescreen.
https://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2018/05/28/2b1
I've been under several curses I'm sure. In fact I'm certain at one point someone cast a hex on my 4 ram disks and or 4 ram slots. Random permutations would work during one boot, and then fail to work on subsequent boots. Drove me mad :P
I don't know.

Matewis: I can't say I'm very knowledgeable about these things, but from my fair share of headaches in the past the first thing I would try is to install an older graphics driver. If that doesn't work, which it most likely won't, then I'd swap out the gpu for an another one. Like from your previous pc or wherever else you can find one. If it still persists then I'd try to google the codes in the actual bluescreen.
Might as well use my old pc if I'm going to use my old pcs GPU. Problem there is my old PC wouldn't run anything made after 2006.
The codes don't work because it's a different code every time.
And as far as storms, it's been doing this since I got it. It's not like it just started.
AND REMEMBER. I know NOTHING about PCs. Asking me to change the GPU out would be like asking me to make pigs fly out of my ass. :P
Post edited May 29, 2018 by tinyE
tinyE: Might as well use my old pc if I'm going to use my old pcs GPU. Problem there is my old PC wouldn't run anything made after 2006.
Sure, but I meant just putting it in for a day or two to see if it stops the bluescreens. If it does then at least you'd know it's the gpu that's at fault.

tinyE: And as far as storms, it's been doing this since I got it. It's not like it just started.
AND REMEMBER. I know NOTHING about PCs. Asking me to change the GPU out would be like asking me to make pigs fly out of my ass. :P
Ah ok I see, and lol yes I remember now :) Can you play games ok, or does it bluescreen while you're playing as well?
Post edited May 29, 2018 by Matewis
tinyE:
Matewis: Ah ok I see, and lol yes I remember now :) Can you play games ok, or does it bluescreen while you're playing as well?
All though it tends to happen more when I'm downloading, though that's not 100%.

It just crashed now for the first time in 4 hours but I'm downloading something.
tinyE: All though it tends to happen more when I'm downloading, though that's not 100%.

It just crashed now for the first time in 4 hours but I'm downloading something.
It's starting to sound less like your gpu then, but unfortunately from what I've heard it then means it could be almost anything :P
Perhaps even the harddrive. Mine is a bit busted at the moment, so I install and download everything to and from an external usb drive at the moment. Even steam is installed on my external atm until I can manage to get a new pc :P
tinyE: All though it tends to happen more when I'm downloading, though that's not 100%.

Matewis: It's starting to sound less like your gpu then, but unfortunately from what I've heard it then means it could be almost anything :P
Perhaps even the harddrive. Mine is a bit busted at the moment, so I install and download everything to and from an external usb drive at the moment. Even steam is installed on my external atm until I can manage to get a new pc :P
Can you download GOG games directly to an external HD?
Matewis: It's starting to sound less like your gpu then, but unfortunately from what I've heard it then means it could be almost anything :P
tinyE: Can you download GOG games directly to an external HD?
Yes, you can set the downloads location in your browser's settings. In Chrome it is under settings->advanced settings->downloads. There's also a setting there for if you want the browser to ask you each time where you want something downloaded to.
If you're getting blue screens, and are unsure whether it's a hardware or software problem, you could try running Linux from a live CD or USB drive. By not running Windows or any Windows software, you can rule out any blue screens caused by such software.

If, while running Linux, you get a kernel panic, then the problem is almost certainly a hardware problem, as it would be very unlikely for two different operating systems to have the same software problem that causes a BSOD.

You could also try running something like memtest; it if finds an error, or if it panics in some way (I don't know how memtest handles that situation), then you have bad memory.
Fairfox: (also! star wars sucks)
*gasp* Burn that witch!

@topic
The recent whining in two threads about some dude who got in trouble with the law - at least I think they both refer to the same person. First, I don't know who that guy is and I see no reason why I should even care about him. Second, people getting into jail for no good reason happens on a daily bases especially when their skin is black and they live in the US of A. This kind of double standards really get on my nerves.
Ignore that crap and let this threads die in oblivion where they belong.