It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Help: Never there when you need it...
Make a positive choice to change my life, and I'm still stuck in the same spot. This is just mean spirited.
After a week on new medicine to treat my gastritis and showing no improvement I decided 'to hell with this' and drove 70kms back to my childhood house doctor in my hometown for a fresh diagnosis. First thing he says when I showed him the medicine I'd been drinking : 'But this is not the right medicine!'. The label on the packet is for the right medicine, but the stupid pharmacy lady gave me medicine to treat cholesterol...
I should feel lucky I guess, a mistake at the pharmacy could've been far worse. At least when I went back with a new prescription for a lot stronger and much more expensive medicine the head pharmacist said they'll cover the cost. And they reimbursed me for the wrong medicine from the previous time.
What have I done in this or a former life - if any - to deserve this?
viperfdl: What have I done in this or a former life - if any - to deserve this?
details
viperfdl: What have I done in this or a former life - if any - to deserve this?
tinyE: details
I'm not really in the mood to talk about it. Especially with a total stranger. But thanks for your interest anyway. At least someone who seems to be interested in my problems.
My past two weeks :

- blood test
- thyroid ultrasound examination
- cervical aspiration cytology (thyroid x2) ( the second one through the cervical muscle, it still hurts )
- cervical CT
- cervical aspiration cytology ( 3rd one )

upcoming :

- blood test
Post edited September 12, 2017 by Painted_Doll
Painted_Doll: .
Hope everything works out.
tinyE: details
viperfdl: I'm not really in the mood to talk about it. Especially with a total stranger. But thanks for your interest anyway. At least someone who seems to be interested in my problems.
You'd be surprised at how caring some strangers can be. Occasionally it's more effective to tell a total stranger your woes, hence counselling.
I don't have much to moan about. I'm pretty healthy, if overweight and I'm gainfully employed, married with two kids. I'm not complaining.

However, one thing that really annoys me is forums. PC Gamer is a classic example of a cesspit of filth and fury. No matter what the subject matter, no matter how politely it's written, any post is descended upon by Edgelords or SarcasmQueens. It's exhausting and annoying to the point where I don't bother any more.

I try to conduct myself online as I would in real life, but it's ridiculous how rude people are online. If they carried on like that in a pub, they'd be beaten up, then thrown out.

Oh well, I know I'm old fashioned, but whatever, I guess. It's not going to change.
Kleetus: Hope everything works out.
Thanks .
I hate Cortana in Windows 10. My wife just phoned me at work and somehow the PC interpreted "hey Cortana" out of it and ended up searching for "Und oral verlässt das nervt einer Schüssel kannst du kannst du bist du Brot dazu machen toastbrot zu machen okay okay"

Basically: "And oral leaves that's annoying a dish, you can, you can, you are, make bread with it, make toast, okay, okay"

And no, I wasn't talking to my wife about anything kinky involving a dish and some bread.
_ChaosFox_: I hate Cortana in Windows 10
Turn it OFF, together with always running spell checks that never understand that someone might use more than a single language ever.
Real conversation I just had with someone making a reservation:

-We have a toddler, is that a problem?

-No, of course not, we love kids and our pets are very good with children.

-Wait! You allow animals in the house!?

-I told you we are pet friendly.

-Yeah, but you never said you allow them in the building! Goodbye!

XD
So, when I started my one-man business about a year ago, I gave the tax agency a rough estimate of how much money I would make in the upcoming year (because this is how it works in Finland). Six months on, I seemed to be doing exactly that. Six months after that, it looks like I'm about 15 % over, which means a knee-high pile of extra taxes on top of the taxes I would be paying for the rest of the year. Oh, and it seems I made too much money last year, when I still had just a regular shitty student job and a short internship before starting this business of mine. Which means more taxes.

Of course, there are upsides to this. First of all, I am wiser for the experience and should know how to avoid this from now on - all I need to do is give a much higher estimate for the tax agency. Which brings me to the second point, which is that I'm actually doing reasonably well as far as income goes, once I get this little storm subsides.

Sorry, have to go to work. Those taxes aren't going to pay themselves.