It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

dtgreene: Please, if you are going to cross the road, be alert, and if there's a car coming, wait for it to go by or stop!
Thanks for keeping us safe, Deatrice.
dtgreene: While I was driving, I almost ran over a pedestrian because they were not looking when crossing the street, and I did not know if I could stop in time; the pedestrian made no attempt to avoid me. Please, if you are going to cross the road, be alert, and if there's a car coming, wait for it to go by or stop! (In this case, there was a crosswalk, and there was a "yield to pedestrians" sign, but the pedestrian still needs to be alert and notice the car coming.)
So, you weren't paying attention to there being a crosswalk? Otherwise you wouldn't have this issue? :P
Last night I played a difficult level in Theme Hospital and I was winning when the game crashed and there were no autosave. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH!
tinyE: i worked in a mall for ten years.
And people wonder why I'm on antidepressants. :P
Jacob_1994: Doing what?
managed a books store
Eh...here's mine.

I was driving someplace, and noticed a kid biker at around dusk - so I slowed down to let him pass me safely. Now I move towards a spot for turning a corner...only for the kid reappear and basically go around the front of my car in circles.

Really? Please don't go in front of my car, especially when I have my turning signal on and begin to accelerate for the turn. I am NOT expecting a biker to maneuver around me. Also, I have places to be, and rather not wait at a T-intersection waiting for some fool to stop playing around.

My actual reaction involved a stink-eye and mental swearing that is probably best unposted.
I'm temporarily (hopefully until early next year at the latest) living with my mom in a new property she moved into for retirement. Tonight she and her friends are having a Bible study session of some sort, and I'm hoping I can survive the night without being dragged into it :P
Jacob_1994: Doing what?
tinyE: managed a books store
Yeah and during Christmas time you played Santa...
I realize the fall of the Empire was very devastating for him, but I never thought Darth Vader would sink so low as to start doing Arby's commercials.
tinyE: I realize the fall of the Empire was very devastating for him, but I never thought Darth Vader would sink so low as to start doing Arby's commercials.
those sandwiches are the dark side..... why wouldn't he be drawn to them?
Sabin_Stargem: Eh...here's mine.

I was driving someplace, and noticed a kid biker at around dusk - so I slowed down to let him pass me safely. Now I move towards a spot for turning a corner...only for the kid reappear and basically go around the front of my car in circles.

Really? Please don't go in front of my car, especially when I have my turning signal on and begin to accelerate for the turn. I am NOT expecting a biker to maneuver around me. Also, I have places to be, and rather not wait at a T-intersection waiting for some fool to stop playing around.

My actual reaction involved a stink-eye and mental swearing that is probably best unposted.
better the stink eye then paint from your hood.... but yeah I know what you mean, I'd love to have a high powered BB gun for those instances....
Post edited October 27, 2017 by Dejavous
Expected a 2 hr flight.

Got:
A 1hr delay at gate.
Another 30 min delay in the plane after taxiing, waiting for weather to clear.
Engine failure before take off.
Pull in back to the gate, sit in plane 30 mins while maintenance checks engine.
Plane is fubar, deplane everyone.
Wait 1hr for the airline to figure out a solution.
New plane found, but it's gotta arrive from a 3hr destination first.
Plane lands. 2hr delay because destination weather sucks.
Finally arrive, "minor delay" with airport shuttle due to traffic. Wait 1hr, wtf minor?
Arrive after midnight, 12 hr late. No food at home...

I hate air travel.
Post edited October 27, 2017 by onarliog
Just noticed that the window of my room is damaged. A semicircle crack is in the glass. A few days ago I heard a loud bang at my window and saw some kids outside but I didn't saw the crack. Now I feel just... i don't know...
I only know that I start to take this personal. It's not the first time that someone threw something against my window like eggs or balls.
deleted
lost power again.
Fairfox: Yah Imma not goin' abroad next year (I have for, liek, five in a row) becaaause I've started to dread airports; so much waitin' around gettin' antsy, 'n' potential cancelations are totes borin'. There was some cabin crew strike this Summer an' we got some really mean, bitter an' surly fill-ins? Also! we were made to get off teh plane and then back on becaaause they thought it was borked. Then it un-borked as soon as we stepped off? How reassurin'.
I stopped going to airports entirely once the post 9/11 security measures happened.