It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Distant lands, hidden treasures, and dangerous monsters await your discovery, but will you accept the challenge? First of all, take a look at our Grand RPG Sale. It’s like a treasure chest full of engaging games up to 90% off. While searching through it, be on the lookout for 5 exceptional titles, that we welcome on GOG.COM today.

Blades of Time (-30%) is an action RPG about Ayumi, the gorgeous gun and sword-wielding treasure hunter, who sets out on a journey to an ancient island full of thirsty monsters.

Exiled Kingdoms (-25%) is an isometric RPG that allows you to roam freely through a unique world. A simple but versatile rule system gives you endless ways to develop your character.

Gordian Quest (-10%) is an epic RPG inspired by old-school classics using modern gaming concepts like deckbuilding and turn-based strategic combat. Lead parties of heroes, forge bonds, and discover new skills among them.

The Waylanders (-10%) is an epic fantasy RPG inspired by Celtic mythology. This game, still in development, offers a variety of traveling companions that can join you on your journey, as well as 6 basic and 30 advanced classes, 5 playable races based on Celtic mythology.

Vampire's Fall: Origins (-50%) is a dark 2D open-world RPG. Create your character and choose your destiny - will you wreak havoc in the land, or be the hero people are longing for?

Check out other exciting RPG titles up to 90% off during this Grand RPG Sale which will end on 3rd August 2020, at 1 PM UTC. Only the 10% discount on The Waylanders will last longer - until 10th August 2020, 1 PM UTC.
viperfdl: This overdone discussion about scantily clad female characters reminds me: Where the heck is Heavy Metal: F.A.K.K. 2???
Nightdive might be trying to work on it, since they published the new version of SiN Gold. In the meantime, Funhaus did a great series (a small portion of the game but very entertaining); first vid in the series.
Anothername: The outrage from the constantly outraged would be delicious indeed :D
StingingVelvet: You guys can frame this as part of your silly culture war if you want, but that wasn't the intention. I'm not outraged, I have no moral objection, I just think the outfit looks stupid and it would harm the presentation and storyline for me. Some people play Fallout with bikini mods, which is their right, but for me it would turn the game into a clown show. Everyone's different.
That part was referring to the game suggestions and the expected reactions from said "culture war people" (... urgh) I think will happen should Gog release them. I know you long enough to know that you are too level headed for such white knighting nerdrage nonsense :)

100% disagreement on bikini mods though :P
viperfdl: This overdone discussion about scantily clad female characters reminds me: Where the heck is Heavy Metal: F.A.K.K. 2???
RedRagan: I actually have Heavy Metal F.A.K.K. CD version as a bonus from buying a video card back in the 90s. I wonder if I can even play this game now.
Don't know about W10 but I recently installed it on my W7 machine and it works well. Need some resolution mods and really upping the settings though; its sadly from an beaten-with-an-ugly-stick 3d era of games.

I took some form there: https://www.wsgf.org/dr/heavy-metal-fakk2
Post edited July 29, 2020 by Anothername
Eh. I think there can be no denying that the outfits in Blades of Times are ridiculous and exploitatitve (as are the ones in e.g. the popular Bayonetta). And they're somewhat cheap by catering to the lowest common denominator of what is considered "sexy" in mainstream culture. But so what. It's a very janky, B-movie style action game; if you're expecting something character driven, well-written, to be taken seriously - this is definitely not it, and I guess the screenshots do a good job of conveying that. ;) It's definitely not for everyone, but sometimes trashy games can be fun, too. I always meant to get back to this one day.

Anyway, apart from some people looking to be offended by everything, I think the general issue is more with a lack of diversity in videogames than with individual games being "too sexy". You can safely ignore what isn't to your taste (or even be critical of it without making demands to change it) as long as it isn't the norm and there are lots of good alternatives to it. Whether we're there yet or not is a matter of debate. Ironically, I think games like this become all the more acceptable the farther we move away from them being the generally accepted norm.

Ancient-Red-Dragon: The most embarrassing thing of all is how in 99%+ of modern games, especially those from AA or AAA devs, women characters are forbidden from being feminine and/or sexy, and are also forced to dress like men 100% of the time.
Vythonaut: Can you post some examples of female characters who are not sexy or even just feminine? I certainly didn't play every game out there, but i can't pinpoint any specific game where women are dressed like men etc. Only Kate Walker of Syberia comes to mind, but then again i wouldn't expect her to dress differently in that climate.
IMO, what you quote is hyperbole at its finest, but then again, who's to say what's sexy and feminine anyway? Those are pretty subjective terms that change with the times and vary from individual to individual. If you'd ask *me* about female video game characters I don't consider attractively portrayed, I certainly wouldn't have picked Kate Walker at all (and that's including her outfits). ;)

RedRagan: The left pretty much about sexy clothing debasing women (ironic since the feminists in the 70s burning bras and wearing more revealing clothing to rebel against conservatist point of view)
I don't necessarily see irony or discrepancy in that, both seem perfectly in line with the desire to define your own image vs. overbearing images of what men think you should be/look/dress like. They can also co-exist. The issue is not really about dressing conservatively vs. dressing sexy but about having the freedom to choose without anyone else imposing their norms onto you (and about women or female characters not being reduced to the body and the way they dress, like a doll). Of course that doesn't prevent some critics from losing focus and going way overboard, or simply not getting it in the first place.
Post edited July 29, 2020 by Leroux
GOG.com: Only the 10% discount on The Waylanders will last longer - until 10th August 2020, 1 PM UTC.
The promo have stopped 1 week earlier.
The game have zero discount now.
GOG Support ticket #712762