It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Distant lands, hidden treasures, and dangerous monsters await your discovery, but will you accept the challenge? First of all, take a look at our Grand RPG Sale. It’s like a treasure chest full of engaging games up to 90% off. While searching through it, be on the lookout for 5 exceptional titles, that we welcome on GOG.COM today.

Blades of Time (-30%) is an action RPG about Ayumi, the gorgeous gun and sword-wielding treasure hunter, who sets out on a journey to an ancient island full of thirsty monsters.

Exiled Kingdoms (-25%) is an isometric RPG that allows you to roam freely through a unique world. A simple but versatile rule system gives you endless ways to develop your character.

Gordian Quest (-10%) is an epic RPG inspired by old-school classics using modern gaming concepts like deckbuilding and turn-based strategic combat. Lead parties of heroes, forge bonds, and discover new skills among them.

The Waylanders (-10%) is an epic fantasy RPG inspired by Celtic mythology. This game, still in development, offers a variety of traveling companions that can join you on your journey, as well as 6 basic and 30 advanced classes, 5 playable races based on Celtic mythology.

Vampire's Fall: Origins (-50%) is a dark 2D open-world RPG. Create your character and choose your destiny - will you wreak havoc in the land, or be the hero people are longing for?

Check out other exciting RPG titles up to 90% off during this Grand RPG Sale which will end on 3rd August 2020, at 1 PM UTC. Only the 10% discount on The Waylanders will last longer - until 10th August 2020, 1 PM UTC.
Oof. These games look rough.
I'm glad for the people that are happy for these new releases, but I'm still waiting for Journey and Outer Wilds that have recently been freed from their EPIC exclusivity, and are published by Annapurna Interactive, who is already here.
Post edited July 27, 2020 by MadalinStroe
low rated
Finding it hard to get past the embarrassing outfit in Blades of Time.
Maxvorstadt:
I thought it was quite difficult, particularly at the beginning, but I am a bit of an amateur with this kind of thing. There are multiple difficulty settings available though, so if you find things too rough you can always change (I believe you have to restart the game). There are also some bounty type quests that replenish and can be grinded for resources if you want to get used to it. Toward the end/middle of the game I pretty much ignored the recycle quests unless it was for rep with a faction.

I don't remember a level cap.
StingingVelvet: Finding it hard to get past the embarrassing outfit in Blades of Time.
Why? They are called Heavy Armor Straps™ and are designed to distract (or even blind) opponents so they may never be able to land a blow on you.
Maxvorstadt:
ShadowWulfe: I thought it was quite difficult, particularly at the beginning, but I am a bit of an amateur with this kind of thing. There are multiple difficulty settings available though, so if you find things too rough you can always change (I believe you have to restart the game). There are also some bounty type quests that replenish and can be grinded for resources if you want to get used to it. Toward the end/middle of the game I pretty much ignored the recycle quests unless it was for rep with a faction.

I don't remember a level cap.
Thing is, I found out that the game won`t run on my laptop, it needs Open Gl 3.2 and my graphics chip has only Open Gl 3.1, which makes me a bit angry. I`ve seen this in some games before. Why can`t they just use 3.1, instead of 3.2, especially since the graphics look like DX 7 graphics.
Lazy Developers, I guess.
Maxvorstadt: Lazy Developers, I guess.
Considering 3.2 was already over 8 years old by the time the game first released for desktop PCs...
StingingVelvet: Finding it hard to get past the embarrassing outfit in Blades of Time.
For someone who called himself Devil's Advocate you're quite conservative huh.
Maxvorstadt: Lazy Developers, I guess.
Mr.Mumbles: Considering 3.2 was already over 8 years old by the time the game first released for desktop PCs...
Thing is, I found out, that the HD 3000 supports open GL 3.2 and even 3.3, but only on Mac and Linux, not on Windows, because Intel never made a Windows driver with Open Gl 3.2+ support.
So , not the fault of the developers per se, but from Intel.
Great timing, I was about to buy Blades of Time on Xbox.
Did someone play Vampire's Fall: Origins already? Is the game good or should I pass?
Sarafan: Did someone play Vampire's Fall: Origins already? Is the game good or should I pass?
I was played on Android.Nice, simple, turn rpg:)
wildapple-2020: And what about that vampire game?
Does anyone know?

For whatever reason I've got a bit of Legacy of Kain: Blood Omen (1) nostalgia feeling.
RedRagan: If you see trailer video the top down just for exploration but the battle is 2D from the side and to be honest it looks stiff and felt like cheap flash game from Newsground era. To be honest I don't know why no one can make a decent top view Legacy of Kain like game. Also how about games like Loaded and its sequel Reloaded.
There Is No Light is giving me a vibe similar to Blood Omen, but in a different setting.

Hoping that game shows up on GOG, btw. I'm pretty sure that's from another Polish indie dev.
low rated
I wanted to reply to your post and make a few points, but I feel like I'm inevitably going to end up repeating myself since I just replied to another post in the related thread that also mentions the blades of time game. Instead I will just link my previous comment since it contains everything I would like to share anyway, I will include the text in a quote below.

fridgeband: https://www.gog.com/forum/general/the_grand_rpg_sale_sets_you_off_on_an_unforgettable_adventure_28194/post15
[i]That is such a shame, censorship just because people complained because they can't accept that there's a possibility that a fictional female character that can express herself by dressing the way she wants exists in a video game, and therefor she is viewed by the people who are complaining about her outfit and demanding censorship as an unfair representation of women, while they simultaneously of course COMPLETELY disregard the fact that there are many strong and independent and beautiful smart real women in REAL LIFE who are fully capable of making their own choices and actually intentionally and willingly dress in a variety of outfits showing a varying degree of skin because they choose to.

In my opinion, the people who complained about her outfit in the game, fully and completely contradict their own logic in every way possible, and if anything, they have shamed women everywhere by talking down to them and telling them they they should feel guilty for expressing themselves, and are essentially telling women that they have no freedom and can not wear what they want, when they want, and how they want.

Who is anyone to tell anyone of any gender what they should feel bad about wearing? It brings me profound sadness that in the year of 2020, there is still such immeasurable hypocrisy and censorship.

I know it's a video game, but if a fictional character of a beautiful woman in a video game can not express herself and dress in an attractive way that makes her happy, then HOW can a woman in real life ever expect to do to same without being judged and shamed?

People will rush to demand the censorship, the covering up of beauty of a woman in a video game and take her freedom to express herself away, but I dread and shed tears at the day that people will run towards women in public to cover them up and censor them in real life, and essentially tell them that they should not be proud of their bodies, but instead be ashamed.

Please everyone out there, do not ever let this nightmare become a reality. It's sad enough that I probably can never buy an uncensored version of blades of time, but I fear that good innocent women will be censored next in real life.

I don't expect everyone to agree with me, and that's fine, but I felt I needed to share my opinion. have a nice day.

Edit: just to be completely and perfectly clear: I do not take any political stance in any direction. This has nothing to do with politics. Thank you and have a nice day.
[/i]
Post edited July 27, 2020 by fridgeband
low rated
RedRagan: For someone who called himself Devil's Advocate you're quite conservative huh.
Weird leap to take. Also I feel it's usually the left that complains about this sort of thing nowadays?

Anyway, it's just a stupid looking outfit. You can have a female character look super sexy without making her look like a stripper. It all depends on place and context.