It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Hide & Seek: Xeno Edition ...aka Alien: Isolation

It's been around seven years since I last played it so I only have a vague recollection of it. What I do remember is cowering unnecessarily long in lockers and beneath desks/beds. And I'm doing so yet again! ;) Graphically, the game does show a bit of age, but its atmosphere is undiminished. I've forgotten how superb the sound design was in the game. It really has me on the edge of my seat even when nothing much is happening. :) Still a great game, and since I bought the collection it'll be the first time I'll get to have a go at the DLC scenarios.
Attachments:
hot_stuff.jpg (291 Kb)
yum_yum.jpg (210 Kb)
Playing "Commandos - Beyond the Call of Duty" and am currently at mission two.
I played "Commandos - Behind Enemy Lines" before this and I didn't really like it but I still finished all 20 missions. I don't know whether out of stubbornness or masochism. But at least I have one less game in my backlog...
Now I play the addon and started the new campaign on hard. There must be something really wrong with me...
Attachments:
viperfdl: Playing "Commandos - Beyond the Call of Duty" and am currently at mission two.
I played "Commandos - Behind Enemy Lines" before this and I didn't really like it but I still finished all 20 missions. I don't know whether out of stubbornness or masochism. But at least I have one less game in my backlog...
Now I play the addon and started the new campaign on hard. There must be something really wrong with me...
I played Beyond the Call of Duty and Behind Enemy Lines a long time ago, plan to replay them and to play Commandos 2 and 3.
Post edited June 19, 2022 by igorche9
Nokron, the Eternal (underground) City where the Mimic Gods slumber. Yeah, Elden Ring. Now I'm playing this focking shit all the time, essentially.
Attachments:
You know there's a speed limit note on the HUD in American Truck Simulator but just sometimes you need something a little bigger to remind you.
Attachments:
drinnen: You know there's a speed limit note on the HUD in American Truck Simulator but just sometimes you need something a little bigger to remind you.
XD XD
Elden Ring: ready for new adventures.
Attachments:
I participated and completed my very first expedition in No Man's Sky! :) Leviathan, Expedition #7.

It was exciting, challenging, fun, time-consuming and at times, quite frustrating (the mission in the derelict freighter kept crashing on me!) but in the end, very satisfying. :D Some community members made the experience interesting by providing helpful loot and upgrades on their custom-built planet bases. :)

Once, I fell down a deep valley in my heavy mech suit and was unable to jetpack myself out of that hole. Some stranger came to my rescue in their spacecraft and after twenty minutes of failed rescue attempts, we both laughed at the hopelessness of the situation and resorted to death to respawn ourselves out of there, even though my rescuer was equipped with a spacecraft and did not need to die. It was a brief and funny exchange. I loved it. :)
Attachments:
Forever Angry Space Marine... aka Doom 64

Yup. Plays like Doom alright. Definitely like the sound design and some of that "new" and improved lighting work coupled with more moving and interesting level geometry. There's also some good overall level design to be found, too. That said, while the game does carry over some enemies from Doom 2 the overall variety seems to be down. No zombie marines with pistol - all carry shotguns - and several color variations of a bunch of them. I wonder if possible memory limitation of the N64 had anything to do with that. *shrug* Either way, some of the altered enemy design is pretty nice.

I wouldn't want to know how this played with the original N64 controller though. Even the second highest difficulty can be tough enough with KB+M in later levels, so I'd imagine with that pad it would be practically impossible.
Attachments:
get_some.jpg (390 Kb)
balls.jpg (417 Kb)
Caved in and bought something during the last days of the summer sale. Now I'm playing Exiled Kingdoms.
Attachments:
Not a healthy combination.
Attachments:
gd.jpg (186 Kb)
Starship Trooper... aka Alien Breed: Impact

Considering this was originally designed for the Xbox 360 digital marketplace, this 12+year-old, lower-budget game looks pretty fine. It does certainly help that the camera is usually zoomed out enough that the lower res textures aren't that noticeable. Got some decent sound design as well. I know this is supposed to be a reboot/remake of Team17's original series, but somehow it feels a bit more like the Shadowground games. *shrug* Not that that's necessarily a bad thing. I'm having a pretty good time my first 2.5 hours in. :)
Attachments:
pile-up.jpg (481 Kb)
Post edited July 03, 2022 by Mr.Mumbles
Mr.Mumbles: *snip*
How are the controls? I saw in videos that with the mouse you have to go to the screen edges to rotate the view. Is there an option to rotate in a less tedious way?
viperfdl: How are the controls? I saw in videos that with the mouse you have to go to the screen edges to rotate the view. Is there an option to rotate in a less tedious way?
I typically play these type of games with a gamepad when given the chance, but the KB+M controls seem fine. Rotating can also be done via Q & E (also rebindable) in 45-degree steps.
Post edited July 03, 2022 by Mr.Mumbles
viperfdl: How are the controls? I saw in videos that with the mouse you have to go to the screen edges to rotate the view. Is there an option to rotate in a less tedious way?
Mr.Mumbles: I typically play these type of games with a gamepad when given the chance, but the KB+M controls seem fine. Rotating can also be done via Q & E (also rebindable) in 45-degree steps.
Ok, thanks. Maybe I'll give those games a try.