It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Getting the sweetest deals on the sweetest games is pretty sweet indeed. But when you have a breathtaking variety to choose from, how do you even find the game that's just meant to be yours, without digging for way too long? GOG's new promo pages will be your answer to that!

With our aim to improve your experience on GOG, today we're are starting to roll out the brand new promo pages to parts of our userbase. With a smoother design and the filters introduced in the previous update, it'll be easier and clearer for the people that have access to them to save big while seamlessly finding great titles on sale.

Thanks to the price and release date sliders, tags, and features to accommodate any budget and needs, we want to make you have the best experience possible when discovering the greatest deals on GOG. As this will be rolling out over a period of time, we will monitor the situation and gather feedback. But know already that this is only the beginning... Future updates will include highlighting the discounted games from your wishlist, removing filters that aren't relevant to a sale and building sections for the games we know are worth highlighting.

If you already have access and are using the new promo pages, or if you have a very specific need or some particular accessibility request, then let us know how you like the changes, and share your ideas for what we could improve next.
high rated
argamasa: ...
Ice_Mage: ...
Oh, indeed, thank you, I've missed that picture.

To be honest – I appreciate new filters and sorting options, but some of promo pages, containing not so much, 5-20 titles, it may be not so awesome. In general I don't like GOG's design choices, I prefer simple, concise and compressed lists and now I think I'd rather stay with the current promo view :D

And, @GOG, please, test your layout on mobile. I use Android+Firefox for web browsing and that new floating "Filter / Sort" button does not work for me, I'm always redirected to a game displayed below. The whole page works terribly on mobile which is quite strange if you know that mobile browsers are probably most of your users today. And we reported these issues many times, I don't believe that you are going to make any effort this time.
ciemnogrodzianin: I prefer simple, concise and compressed lists and now I think I'd rather stay with the current promo view :D
At least you can toggle between grid and list view. Granted, list view in the catalog takes up more space per item compared to the current promo pages.
Ice_Mage: ...
Yes, but that "list view" is terrible. I use grid view, because on desktop it displays 9 games on my screen while list view (which should be the compact one, I guess?) shows only 6-7. Both are extremely messy and inconvenient for me. And even worse on mobile.
nightcraw1er.488: So rather than fix all the issues, or implement any of the requests (read the original al part of the boycott thread for instance) you focus on putting in some more filters? Wowzer, forget functionality so long as you can rearrange things. I see nothing is really going to be done here.
To be fair, better promo pages and additional filters and sorting options are things that many users asked for in the past.
nightcraw1er.488: So rather than fix all the issues, or implement any of the requests (read the original al part of the boycott thread for instance) you focus on putting in some more filters? Wowzer, forget functionality so long as you can rearrange things. I see nothing is really going to be done here.
PaterAlf: To be fair, better promo pages and additional filters and sorting options are things that many users asked for in the past.
Yeah, but to be fair, your users who legally purchased games here having to download “other” installers because they are 50% or more smaller (compression and split language packs) should really be happy there is a new way to arrange things one the website?
I mean seriously, this is the second post within a year entitled “good news, we ignored all the issues and present you with a few different filter options, woohoo!”. How about putting resources into actually doing something, or is the website just going to become millions of ways of filtering the never ending same old sales?
Bah, I am going back to not buying anything, it would be nice if something actually improved here but nothing ever gets sorted. Just endless empty words and useless functions.
PaterAlf: To be fair, better promo pages and additional filters and sorting options are things that many users asked for in the past.
nightcraw1er.488: Yeah, but to be fair, your users who legally purchased games here having to download “other” installers because they are 50% or more smaller (compression and split language packs) should really be happy there is a new way to arrange things one the website?
Well, different users can have different priorities. And even the same users can have a number of different problems. So I would say that there are certainly users, who don't like that GOG didn't fix a lot of problems yet, but still are happy about new filters and better ways to navigate the store and the sales (e.g. I'm one of them).
Dogmaus: stop making pages that won't load with tracker blockers
This!

ciemnogrodzianin: Screenshot, someone?
Ice_Mage: Here's the screenshot from the news post.
Wow, seeing a whopping 6! games on the promo page? Really? What a waste of space. I'm all for better filter and sort options. But the main space of the promo page should be for the search results, shouldn't it? I would like to see a screenshot of the list mode.

ciemnogrodzianin: To be honest – I appreciate new filters and sorting options, but some of promo pages, containing not so much, 5-20 titles, it may be not so awesome. In general I don't like GOG's design choices, I prefer simple, concise and compressed lists and now I think I'd rather stay with the current promo view :D
Exactly!

ciemnogrodzianin: Yes, but that "list view" is terrible. I use grid view, because on desktop it displays 9 games on my screen while list view (which should be the compact one, I guess?) shows only 6-7.
Indeed, the list view should show more results. Once again, GOG, please have a look at Ghorin's user script.

GOG, I appreciate it that you for once do not roll out changes on the promo pages just in front of a big sale. But I would much more appreciate it when you would give us the possibility to switch between the old and new version of the promo pages to try them out and not decide on your side on whom do you force the old or the new version.
Post edited March 10, 2022 by eiii
low rated
I've said it before and I'll say it again. It's the website that needs the most attention and I'm glad it's getting some of that.
I want to be able to search for (store AND my collection) for for example flight simulators specifically. Not just all simulators, or games which are seen by some as simulators, or games which have flight or simulators in the title.

etc.

So for example if I type in the search for Flight Simulators looking for example for the game 1942 The Pacific Air War (or of course ALL flight simulators available, and ONLY that genre), I get ZERO results. Not only I don't get 1942, I get zero results for any flight simulator.
This makes it really hard to find similar games I am looking to BUY.
Why?
Post edited March 10, 2022 by trusteft
trusteft: I want to be able to search for (store AND my collection) for for example flight simulators specifically. Not just all simulators, or games which are seen by some as simulators, or games which have flight or simulators in the title.

etc.

So for example if I type in the search for Flight Simulators looking for example for the game 1942 The Pacific Air War (or of course ALL flight simulators available, and ONLY that genre), I get ZERO results. Not only I don't get 1942, I get zero results for any flight simulator.
This makes it really hard to find similar games I am looking to BUY.
Why?
Yeah, the old system was working when they had 500 games, now it's really needed being able to tag games and hide them, but or they don't want to listen or they can't do it.
nightcraw1er.488: Yeah, but to be fair, your users who legally purchased games here having to download “other” installers because they are 50% or more smaller (compression and split language packs) should really be happy there is a new way to arrange things one the website?
PaterAlf: Well, different users can have different priorities. And even the same users can have a number of different problems. So I would say that there are certainly users, who don't like that GOG didn't fix a lot of problems yet, but still are happy about new filters and better ways to navigate the store and the sales (e.g. I'm one of them).
Which is all great until you need support, find your installer is outdated, need a changelog, etc. You see there is a big difference. The issues I mention affect how you acquire, play and store your products - this is what you are paying for. This “great advancement” simply rearranges where things appear on the page. It’s like talking about subsidence on your house and “fixing” it by painting the walls
And it’s a lot of problems, not just now, or the last couple of years, it’s been like it for many years now. Not even an acknowledgement of issues.
So we now have the ability to filter a sale to only show the discounted games?
Please tell me I am not the only one who sees a problem here…
low rated
You want to MAKE us have the best experience possible, huh? That's rather forceful, isn't it? Glad you're are working on it, boss. That's the gibberish I was talking about. You're GOG. Use the Edit button once in a while. I don't care if English isn't your first language. You are using it, so use it correctly. This is supposed to be professional.
Post edited March 10, 2022 by JoaoPauloZA
low rated
vv221: So we now have the ability to filter a sale to only show the discounted games?
Please tell me I am not the only one who sees a problem here…
Nah....The department of redundancy department has it covered. lol
Will prefer to have a sorting option in the wishlist page, to sort by price or discount...

For the collection, will love to see a option to create custom groups of games to organize them like I want