It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

If anyone has Doom (2016) can you please test it?
Ganni1987: If anyone has Doom (2016) can you please test it?
Definitely not DRM-free, it's supposed to use that Denuvo stuff.
Exceed20XX: Definitely not DRM-free, it's supposed to use that Denuvo stuff.
Denuvo was removed from Doom (2016) with the latest update.
Grargar: Denuvo was removed from Doom (2016) with the latest update.
That doesn't mean the Steam DRM was removed.
PookaMustard: That doesn't mean the Steam DRM was removed.
I didn't say that.
PookaMustard: That doesn't mean the Steam DRM was removed.
Grargar: I didn't say that.
I was just adding clarification to your comment is all. Sorry for not making that clear.
Grargar: Denuvo was removed from Doom (2016) with the latest update.
One step in the right direction imo ... a small step and maybe not big enough but still a good step :)
Wow, that's news to me. Has this happened to any other Denuvo based games as well?
Prabably a silly question, is there a way to run the disc versions of Skyrim or Fallout NV without steam? I bought them through Amazon a few years ago, and after a pc change I can't even log in to Steam anymore, so can't even contact them to figure it out.

Needless to say, since then I haven't gone anywhere near a Steam game, but every time I see the words Skyrim or Fallout NV on the Gog forum I get a little twitchy.

I did enjoy them, so felt it worth asking.
Exceed20XX: Wow, that's news to me. Has this happened to any other Denuvo based games as well?
This one. :)
Okay, so, to answer some questions:

* N++ does require the Steam client to be running.

* Denuvo was removed from DOOM (which got me to buy it), but it does still require the Steam client to be running.

* DOOM, INSIDE, and The Climb have all had Denuvo removed, and Steam is starting to finally list Denuvo as third-party DRM on individual game store pages, which is LONG overdue.
Post edited January 07, 2017 by pedrovay2003
With the appearance of these two sales:

https://www.humblebundle.com/sierra-bundle-strikes-again
http://store.steampowered.com/bundle/2249/

I wonder whether the Midkemia related games (Betrayal At Krondor, Betrayal In Antara, Return to Krondor) work without the Steam client.

Especially Antara, because I think the best way to get around compatibility issues with current Windows versions (I'm running W10 64bit) is to install a past version of Windows (95, 98) in a VM. But Steam only supports Windows XP or newer, and who knows how long until Valve drops support for XP and Vista (which are in the official system requirements for the Steam version of Antara).

Another possibility might be Wine support for these games from the 90s. But not sure if Wine can support a W95/98 game and Steam (which requires XP at least) at the same time.
Civilization III Complete works without Steam. It complains that Steam library is missing, but afterwards it works correctly.

Now if it worked in wine, that would be golden.
I tested Descent: Underground on Linux, and it worked fine. The chart already listed it for Windows, but I can confirm that the steam client is also not required on Linux.

Furthermore, if you register for an account on descendantstudios.com, and link your steam account, you can also get a game download from there.
Okay, we're all updated again!