It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The following two games don't need the client. Tested on Win10 by renaming the steam executable. No parameters or app id necessary.

Erica
Sizeable
Grargar: The new version of Quake (more info here) will launch and save without the client, by placing a steam_appid text file with the number 2310 in the game's folder (path is Quake/rerelease).

Note: You might need to launch the game once on Steam before it works. At least for me, it constantly froze while trying to load an episode before doing that.

Tested on Windows 10.
Exceed20XX: Any idea where the Quake 64 "mod" files seem to be located once downloaded? It doesn't look like they are downloaded to the game directory from what I saw. Perhaps use of add-ons is tied to being connected?
Quake 64 add-on in Quake 2021 can be played offline and without Steam installed (once already downloaded using Steam account/Bethesda.net) as follows:

Copy directory "%USERPROFILE%\Saved Games\Nightdive Studios\Quake\q64" into the "rerelease" Quake installation directory. Run Quake with the flag "-game q64", or run "game q64" in the console. Bam, exactly as if you loaded Quake 64 from the add-ons menu.
Post edited October 30, 2021 by SpoogMaster300
pedrovay2003: Tetris Effect: Connected is DRM free if you run it from the TetrisEffect-Win64-Shipping.exe in the Binaries folder, no special tricks needed. Make sure you go into the options menu in the game and set Offline Mode to on, otherwise the game will crash whenever it tries to connect to any servers (you *do not* need to be online the first time to do this).
Are you sure about that? I just got it tonight and every time I try to activate "zone" I get an automatic crash to desktop. Offline mode is "ON."
pedrovay2003: Tetris Effect: Connected is DRM free if you run it from the TetrisEffect-Win64-Shipping.exe in the Binaries folder, no special tricks needed. Make sure you go into the options menu in the game and set Offline Mode to on, otherwise the game will crash whenever it tries to connect to any servers (you *do not* need to be online the first time to do this).
MischiefMaker: Are you sure about that? I just got it tonight and every time I try to activate "zone" I get an automatic crash to desktop. Offline mode is "ON."
Holy crap, you're right. I just tried every manifest available, and every one of them works great until you try to activate Zone. That really sucks. I'll remove it from the wiki page when I update the list later tonight; thanks for the info.
pedrovay2003: Holy crap, you're right. I just tried every manifest available, and every one of them works great until you try to activate Zone. That really sucks. I'll remove it from the wiki page when I update the list later tonight; thanks for the info.
By the way, talking about games that could be DRM'd that are on the list, is Panzer Paladin really DRM free? I tested it a while back, but forgot to mention I couldn't make it work without Steam, but I don't know if I missed something.
Okay, we're all updated again. Friendly reminder: Remember to specify which OS you're testing games on. If nothing is listed, Windows will be assumed.

pedrovay2003: Holy crap, you're right. I just tried every manifest available, and every one of them works great until you try to activate Zone. That really sucks. I'll remove it from the wiki page when I update the list later tonight; thanks for the info.
_Auster_: By the way, talking about games that could be DRM'd that are on the list, is Panzer Paladin really DRM free? I tested it a while back, but forgot to mention I couldn't make it work without Steam, but I don't know if I missed something.
This I don't know, since I don't have the game myself, but I'm very interested in getting it, so I'd love a definitive answer.
Post edited November 03, 2021 by pedrovay2003
_Auster_: By the way, talking about games that could be DRM'd that are on the list, is Panzer Paladin really DRM free? I tested it a while back, but forgot to mention I couldn't make it work without Steam, but I don't know if I missed something.
It worked fine for me on Windows 7 Only issue is it doesn't save your progress outside of Steam.
Crimson-X: It worked fine for me on Windows 7 Only issue is it doesn't save your progress outside of Steam.
Oh, well, that sucks. I'll have to make a note on the wiki page about this.
Post edited November 03, 2021 by pedrovay2003
Deleted!

Comment was a mistake
Post edited November 03, 2021 by Crimson-X
Mundus - Impossible Universe is DRM-free.

Tested on Windows 10.
low rated
Personally, I could not play without it. I've tried some guides but they did not help me. Then I came to the conclusion that I should use GoG instead.
JackWhite1328: Personally, I could not play without it. I've tried some guides but they did not help me. Then I came to the conclusion that I should use GoG instead.
What are you referring to?
I remember reading that Caladrius Blaze, which has an always online DRM on Steam, could be played offline if you replace the exe from the Steam version for the exe from the GOG version.
If it does, would it be worth listing the game on the "Patchable Games" part of the wiki?
And if anyone reading this has both versions of the game , could you please test it? I'd test it myself, but I only have the GOG version.
The Following game doesn't need the client open, tested on Win10, simply opening the game's exe

Poppy Playtime
_Auster_: I remember reading that Caladrius Blaze, which has an always online DRM on Steam, could be played offline if you replace the exe from the Steam version for the exe from the GOG version.
Then you just have the GOG version.
If it does, would it be worth listing the game on the "Patchable Games" part of the wiki?
No, because "replacing the Steam version with the GOG version" does not count as a patch.