It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Deleted - sorry thought it was for something else!
Post edited September 30, 2021 by Pajama
mrkgnao: Also, are people here interested in my listing games that are not client-free out of the box, but become client-free once the game's steam_api.dll is replaced by the emulated one supplied by the goldberg emulator (https://gitlab.com/Mr_Goldberg/goldberg_emulator)?
Pajama: Yes!
I just began using steam a few months ago, so my list is still short, but I believe this should prove very useful once I begin buying more mainstream indie games. So far, I can report that these become client-free with the goldberg dll:
- Fae Tactics
- Glass Masquerade
- Glass Masquerade 2: Illusions
- Labyrinthine Dreams
- Rollers of the Realm
- Tell Me Why
- Ticket to Earth

Edit: Too late. Hopefully, someone else will find this useful.
Post edited September 30, 2021 by mrkgnao
mrkgnao: Also, are people here interested in my listing games that are not client-free out of the box, but become client-free once the game's steam_api.dll is replaced by the emulated one supplied by the goldberg emulator (https://gitlab.com/Mr_Goldberg/goldberg_emulator)?
Let's leave that for a different board, if that's what people are interested in. Goldberg's emulator is third-party software, and it's widely considered a path to piracy; this thread is specifically for listing Steam games that are DRM-free out of the box, with no external software necessary (with the exceptions of things like DirectX, Visual C++, official updates from developers/publishers, etc.).
pedrovay2003: Let's leave that for a different board, if that's what people are interested in. Goldberg's emulator is third-party software, and it's widely considered a path to piracy; this thread is specifically for listing Steam games that are DRM-free out of the box, with no external software necessary (with the exceptions of things like DirectX, Visual C++, official updates from developers/publishers, etc.).
Sure. No problem.
Hey pedrovay2003.

I noticed the list has Mount & Blade Warband Linux version listed with a "?".
I tried to run the game without Steam open in Linux and unfortunately I couldn't.
So Steam Linux version ins't DRM Free.

Removing libsteam_api.so and/or steam_appid.txt from the game folder and trying to open the game .sh and/or executable through the Terminal, returns those messages with variations:

./mb_warband_linux: error while loading shared libraries: libsteam_api.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

[S_API FAIL] SteamAPI_Init() failed; SteamAPI_IsSteamRunning() failed.
[S_API FAIL] SteamAPI_Init() failed; unable to locate a running instance of Steam, or a local steamclient.so.

So yeah, unfortunately, M&B Warband Linux Steam version is DRM'd... ~_~

--edit:

Forgot to say:
Also searched for a Linux installer (.DEB/.TAR.GZ/etc) in TaleWorlds official website, but the site ONLY provides the .EXE installer, even though it lists the Linux version requirements, which is weird.

And Im not 100% sure Windows installer is really DRM-free because, even if you receive a key to activate the game offline, there are two key versions: An online key with 16 characters, and one 32 offline characters version (iirc). But this 32 key is tied to a previously activated machine, which needs internet connection, by what I tested.

I wouldn't say this is DRM Free.
Still, if someone else could test and confirm this, it would help a lot.
Thanks.

So the one and only really DRM-Free version we have of Mount & Blade Warband is GOG's, requiring the key activation only for online play, but I can't test that as I don't have M&BWarband here.
Post edited October 08, 2021 by .Keys
Actraiser Renaissance is DRM-free, so I'll add that when I update everything.

pedrovay2003: Let's leave that for a different board, if that's what people are interested in. Goldberg's emulator is third-party software, and it's widely considered a path to piracy; this thread is specifically for listing Steam games that are DRM-free out of the box, with no external software necessary (with the exceptions of things like DirectX, Visual C++, official updates from developers/publishers, etc.).
mrkgnao: Sure. No problem.
You're good, and I apologize if I cam off as rude, which wasn't my intent. I know of Goldberg's emulator very well, it allows some games like Azure Striker Gunvolt and Mega Man Legacy Collection 2 to work in Steam's Offline Mode, games which are broken otherwise. We're just sticking with out-of-the-box situations for this particular topic, that's all.
Two more client-free games:
Cave Quest
Suddenly Meow
One more client-free game:
Mystic Pillars: A Story-Based Puzzle Game
.Keys: snip
Further testing was made and the conclusion is that Mount & Blade Warband, Steam and Taleworlds site setup versions, be it Windows or Linux, are NOT DRM FREE.

Windows activation setup (.exe) that we can download from Taleworlds website works as follows:

- Download setup
- Install game
- Open launcher and a message popup saying that we need a key to activate the game, otherwise, we can play the game only to Level 7, as a demo.
- You can activate the game with two keys:
|_> The online key, which REQUIRES ONLINE CONNECTION for the Launcher to activate the game.
|_> The "offline" key, which gives you an website tied to Taleworlds, in which you activate your Online Key, to have acess to a longer "offline" key, that is tied to your Hardware*.

* = "Tied to your Hardware" = Means that when you activate the online key in said website, MBWarband Launcher creates a Registry key in Windows with your "Offline Key" (Activated in said website) and one 12 characters long "Hardware key".
You can only activate said "Offline Key" in the current Hardware in which you previously activated your "Online Key".

= = THERE IS NO WAY THIS IS DRM FREE. = =

The TRUE DRM-FREE version of Mount & Blade Warband is GOG's version.

pedrovay2003, I ask you politely to remove Mount & Blade Warband from this list.

pedrovay2003: snip
Steam Mount & Blade Warband Linux version works fine with Goldberg emulator, though.

--

Sorry if somehow my explanation sounded kinda rude, Im just really angry with fake "drm free" and Steam drm overall.
This crap continues to hurt customers and probably when things go down, and eventually they will, game and software preservation are ruined for many games and software.
Post edited October 20, 2021 by .Keys
For those not aware, I have developed a little program (Windows only alas), that helps with checking what Steam games you own are DRM-Free, plus using STEAMCMD you can download such a Steam game and back it up, even as a compressed file, all using my program.

It uses the list provided in this thread and another. BIG THANKS to pedrovay2003 and other contributors. :)

You can find out more detail at the following, which has a link for the download from GitHub.

Steam Games List

Please Note, that I am also working on support for DRM-Free games you own at Epic, which is in testing right now, and is the same program adapted and renamed to ESC (Epic Steam Cure) ... escape from the tyranny of DRM if you like.
Streets of Rogue launched fine when the game folder was copied to a computer that never had Steam installed, using Win8.1.
The computer was connected to internet but since is made with 2019 Unity engine, it may have telemetry enabled.

I was somewhat surprised because I'm pretty sure I've saw the game on this or PCGW list before.

Edit: Version 95 of Streets of Rogue was tested.
Post edited October 23, 2021 by Dark_art_
Wanted to gove an update on 2 games that got new free content.

Mail Mole got a free Halloween DLC that adds new levels. The DLC works perfectly fine without Steam and the game s a whole is still DRM Free.

Penko Park a month ago got new content and the dev also got a publisher. Happy to say everything is still DRM Free and works without Steam.

Oh also this is a new release from a couple of days ago.

It's called Satryn Deluxe (an updated version of a free itch.io game). It works perfectly fine without Steam. Though it does have online leadrboards so if that is your thing you will need Steam to access that feature.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1677360/satryn_deluxe/

Here is the original free version if you want to try it:

https://maybell.itch.io/satryn
Post edited October 24, 2021 by Crimson-X
Space Haven currently works without the client launching. Havent tried it as a "portable" game on a system without steam yet.
Of course, its currently in alpha so this could change over time.
Post edited October 26, 2021 by Sachys
Cobi Treasure Deluxe is DRM-free.

Tested on Windows 10.
On google it says that metro exodus is no longer using DRM denuvo protection. Can you check?