It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Makotolia: I guess XP is just the best for us who enjoy those gogs the most.
Flagris: Damn, man, your temptation was irresistible... I've somehow finally managed to make my external 1Tb hard disk (storing about 850 old games) work under WinXP, and having weighed all other Pros and Cons I decided :) Meet your prodigal son going back, WinXP family! Death to posers, old-school will rule!
That’s cool to know!
According to one of the devs (www.gog.com/forum/general/dusk_just_got_released/post22) Dusk is DRM-Free on Steam. However, a GOG release is also in the works but no date has been announced yet.
Geralt_of_Rivia: According to one of the devs (www.gog.com/forum/general/dusk_just_got_released/post22) Dusk is DRM-Free on Steam. However, a GOG release is also in the works but no date has been announced yet.
Thanks for the info. Game reminds me of the first quake.
Space Pilgrim Academy Year 2
Space Pilgrim Academy Year 3

Both games are running out of the box without the Steam Client on Win7/64.
Post edited January 12, 2019 by MarkoH01
wish developers of games wouldnt just go to steam all the time, hell if they made hte game available on more platforms they would make more money, im just w aiting for my next sniper elite game on GOG
moobot83: wish developers of games wouldnt just go to steam all the time, hell if they made hte game available on more platforms they would make more money, im just w aiting for my next sniper elite game on GOG
In fact they do. Steam has the biggest marketshare so it is understandable that most developers are developing their games with Steam in mind. Especially small developers also try to bring their games to as many additional platforms as well to make even more money. More platforms however take more time to support them so in the end some of those smaller platforms (including GOG) often end up with games that don't get any support anymore after a while which is a known problem. Add to this that GOG has a strict curation for their store and many games get rejected from them - which is another well known problem. So in the end it's not as easy as you would want to have it. Of course I would also wish to get as many games on GOG but for some of those that aren't this thread helps a lot.
Post edited January 12, 2019 by MarkoH01
Does anyone know if there are games on steam that the dev allows a drm free download for if you own the game on steam like Klei does for Don't Starve?

http://support.kleientertainment.com/customer/en/portal/articles/2930033-steam-purchases-how-to-get-your-don-t-starve-drm-free-downloads
Post edited January 22, 2019 by ZAOalive_777
Okay, I just added both Space Pilgrim games, and also Katamari Damacy REROLL. Thanks again to everyone who has been willing to help edit the wiki with me; it makes things a lot easier. I'm also especially happy to see this list growing after hearing that Metro Exodus is going to launch with Denuvo, which legitimately bummed me out for a night. :/
Post edited January 23, 2019 by pedrovay2003
Wait a second are we 100% sure Katamari's technically drm-free? I need to get in on this if true. I just can't imagine a Bamco game lacking drm at this point.
More games added to the wiki!

· FORCED SHOWDOWN (Linux version tested; doesn't save without the client, though)

· Joggernauts (Windows version tested on Linux with Wine)

· THOTH (Windows version tested on Linux with Wine)

· YBit (Linux version tested)

PS#1: I got the first tier of the Humble Double Fine bundle, and I found out that Mountain needs the steam_appid.txt trick. Or at least the Linux build does. Could anyone check the Windows one, please?

PS#2: an anonymous editor ticked both Fallout and Fallout 2 as being DRM-free for Linux because they apparently work fine with Wine. What do you think about that? I test many non-Linux games with Wine myself, but in case they work I only list them as being DRM-free for Windows (and add a comment that I didn't test them on a Windows machine), since they aren't native games nor are they officially supported on Linux with a "Wine bottle". Should we undo that change? Or do you think we should list Windows games as being DRM-free on macOS or Linux if they work fine with Wine on those OSs?
Exceed20XX: Wait a second are we 100% sure Katamari's technically drm-free? I need to get in on this if true. I just can't imagine a Bamco game lacking drm at this point.
You know what? I made a mistake, the game starts, but it stays on the loading screen without Steam. I'll take it off of the wiki now. At least it doesn't have Denuvo, which Bandai Namco loves.
Exceed20XX: Wait a second are we 100% sure Katamari's technically drm-free? I need to get in on this if true. I just can't imagine a Bamco game lacking drm at this point.
pedrovay2003: You know what? I made a mistake, the game starts, but it stays on the loading screen without Steam. I'll take it off of the wiki now. At least it doesn't have Denuvo, which Bandai Namco loves.
Nooooooo! I wanted to roll on PC drm-free! Oh well.

On a side note Super Indie Karts is drm-free so far. It's still an early access game getting updated so who knows whether or not it remain that way by the end.
Pinstripe is listed as being DRM-Free for Linux but unknown for Windows. I just tested it and can confirm the Windows version works without the Steam client.
AB2012: Pinstripe is listed as being DRM-Free for Linux but unknown for Windows. I just tested it and can confirm the Windows version works without the Steam client.
Added to the wiki, alongside a confirmation for Owlboy on Linux, and the following new additions (all of them tested on Linux):

· Deponia: The Complete Journey

· Lost Sea (works fine without the client, but it freezes if you try to change any graphical setting in-game)

· Montague's Mount (also starts fine without Steam, but once you've started a game there's no way to return to the main menu or to quit to desktop)

· Super Inefficient Golf
Kholat runs fine on Windows without the Steam Client.

The game is also currently free on Steam. If you activate it before the giveaway runs out it's yours to keep.