It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

JudasIscariot: I'm just going to get the popcorn ready because this ought to be good :D
So, I gather you're pretty fed up with popcorn by now, after all these years, or are you seriously dependent on it? :P

I myself have gone over to pineapple in box...
JudasIscariot: I'm just going to get the popcorn ready because this ought to be good :D
sanscript: So, I gather you're pretty fed up with popcorn by now, after all these years, or are you seriously dependent on it? :P

I myself have gone over to pineapple in box...
Cracker Jacks for me!
low rated
Itz happening!

Grimoire has surpassed 1000+ votes on the wishlist!

I've taken the liberty write to support about this to let gog know that 1000+ people disagree that Grimoire is "too niche" and "a bit too small in scale" for them.
I don't think it matters whether it's too niche or not, at this point ol' Clevey-boy has burned his bridges. I wouldn't blame GOG for not wanting anything to do with him.
high rated
Woohoo! That means we're getting Cyberpunk 2077 on Linux (over 4.5k votes) and the Witcher 3 for Linux (over 12k votes) for sure! I mean, those wishes are at least more recently created than 2012. All we have to do is bug gog support during a time when they're already overloaded due to the summer sale!
low rated
fronzelneekburm: Itz happening!

Grimoire has surpassed 1000+ votes on the wishlist!

I've taken the liberty write to support about this to let gog know that 1000+ people disagree that Grimoire is "too niche" and "a bit too small in scale" for them.
Don't get your hopes up, As long as GOG is run by SJW you'll only get hipster indie gaming shit and nothing remotely related to hardcore gamers. This isn't the old GOG, And wishlist votes don't matter. All that matter to the GOG curation team is if the game can stand the woke test. And if you look at Cleveland statements you can be sure that GOG staff was pretty butthurt for being called out for what they stand now.
Not bad, only took 4 months to go from 800 votes to 1000+ votes.
fronzelneekburm March 11, 2019 post in this thread is where I'm getting that number/time frame from.
dgnfly: ... As long as GOG is run by SJW ...
Hilarious! The other day I looked at the Resetera thread about the Cyperpunk 2077 penis-ad, and in that thread, people found CDPR to be racist, transphobic and all around bigoted. And now with your judgement, CDPR must be staffed by some kind of Übermensch to be able to be everything at the same time!
low rated
dgnfly: ... As long as GOG is run by SJW ...
Acriz: Hilarious! The other day I looked at the Resetera thread about the Cyperpunk 2077 penis-ad, and in that thread, people found CDPR to be racist, transphobic and all around bigoted. And now with your judgement, CDPR must be staffed by some kind of Übermensch to be able to be everything at the same time!
GOG and CDPR are run independently you in that delusion the same people are running 2 different company's at the same time, even now CDPR is cowering towards the Trans community with their Trans demands in Cyberpunk 2077, It's ridiculous that they are pandering to 0.6 percent. ANd it's ridiculous GOG is only going after stupid Hipster Indie instead of actual games.

Also, These Trans or SJW that support them are people that are offended by everything they don't like And don't worry CDPR will listen and cower to them and make them look like something they aren't, saints.
Post edited June 15, 2019 by dgnfly
morrowslant: Not bad, only took 4 months to go from 800 votes to 1000+ votes.
fronzelneekburm March 11, 2019 post in this thread is where I'm getting that number/time frame from.
Not bad at all, considering most of the indie titles that do get released here barely make it into the double digits (let alone the triple digits).
Acriz: Hilarious! The other day I looked at the Resetera thread about the Cyperpunk 2077 penis-ad, and in that thread, people found CDPR to be racist, transphobic and all around bigoted. And now with your judgement, CDPR must be staffed by some kind of Übermensch to be able to be everything at the same time!
dgnfly: GOG and CDPR are run independently you in that delusion the same people are running 2 different company's at the same time, even now CDPR is cowering towards the Trans community with their Trans demands in Cyberpunk 2077, It's ridiculous that they are pandering to 0.6 percent. ANd it's ridiculous GOG is only going after stupid Hipster Indie instead of actual games.

Also, These Trans or SJW that support them are people that are offended by everything they don't like And don't worry CDPR will listen and cower to them and make them look like something they aren't, saints.
Cool talk man. More classic cars should be in Cyberpunk 2077, I agree.
What's the latest buzz in the RPGCodex Grimoire-GoG_decline thread?
Did Cleve ever explain why he backed down from:
==
Grimoire Opening Discount of 10%
JUL 24, 2017 @ 6:43AM - GOLDEN ERA GAMES
I have decided it is just a nice thing to do for people who have been waiting years to play my game if I offered a 10% discount on the game during it's first week. After this ends, I want to assure anyone waiting for the game that Grimoire will never, ever sell at a discount at any time it is on the Steam store ever again. I won't permit it to be sold below it's retail value for any reason. I am too proud of my finished product to permit it to be turned into simply another commodity in a Steam sale. If Valve ever decides that sales of the product no longer justify it having a page then I will move it to another venue - but as the author I will never offer my game at a discount again anywhere. I'm not a corporation that turns out games like sausages and computes their price curves over rates of decay in market value. Grimoire is my unique and proprietary product and I only want to sell it to the most hardcore fans of the genre. I was never targeting the mass market or casual gamers. It is in the first paragraph of the original design document I wrote more than 20 years ago when I was putting a proposal together that described the entire game end-to-end in both story, design and implementation. It was an aristocrat's manifesto when it was written and the language was specifically that of an aristocrat declaring the game was not going to be designed to appeal to the masses. Only fans of the genre.

In other news, Ellsworth Hall is continuing his development of a full suite of musical scores based on the original MIDI themes he created for Grimoire and these will be offered for sale alongside Grimoire at some time in the future on a CD on the store if approved by Steam.

The release of Grimoire is now one week away.
==
low rated
dgnfly: GOG and CDPR are run independently you in that delusion the same people are running 2 different company's at the same time, even now CDPR is cowering towards the Trans community with their Trans demands in Cyberpunk 2077, It's ridiculous that they are pandering to 0.6 percent. ANd it's ridiculous GOG is only going after stupid Hipster Indie instead of actual games.

morrowslant: Cool talk man. More classic cars should be in Cyberpunk 2077, I agree.
==
I have decided it is just a nice thing to do for people who have been waiting years to play my game if I offered a 10% discount on the game during it's first week. After this ends, I want to assure anyone waiting for the game that Grimoire will never, ever sell at a discount at any time it is on the Steam store ever again. I won't permit it to be sold below it's retail value for any reason. I am too proud of my finished product to permit it to be turned into simply another commodity in a Steam sale. If Valve ever decides that sales of the product no longer justify it having a page then I will move it to another venue - but as the author I will never offer my game at a discount again anywhere. I'm not a corporation that turns out games like sausages and computes their price curves over rates of decay in market value. Grimoire is my unique and proprietary product and I only want to sell it to the most hardcore fans of the genre. I was never targeting the mass market or casual gamers. It is in the first paragraph of the original design document I wrote more than 20 years ago when I was putting a proposal together that described the entire game end-to-end in both story, design and implementation. It was an aristocrat's manifesto when it was written and the language was specifically that of an aristocrat declaring the game was not going to be designed to appeal to the masses. Only fans of the genre.

In other news, Ellsworth Hall is continuing his development of a full suite of musical scores based on the original MIDI themes he created for Grimoire and these will be offered for sale alongside Grimoire at some time in the future on a CD on the store if approved by Steam.

==
Your point is? other than posting this and seeming more butthurt because of what he said? Where is the part where he was asked by GOG to release it and then when he was willing they rejected him? OR are you so stuck up on a man's word in the past, Maybe your that shallow or narrow-minded but I couldn't give an ass about what he said other than he was willing to release it here and GOG after long waiting for the release screwed him over by rejecting him.

And if you Cleve Blakemore words were harsh and that triggered you that wouldn't explain all the other rejected games.
morrowslant: Cool talk man. More classic cars should be in Cyberpunk 2077, I agree.
==

==
His 8 hardcore fans didn't get him enough sales to continue paying his mortgage. It's called free market. Supply and demand. When there's less demand than supply, the price will go down until there is a point of sale. Proud as he is, he wasn't too proud to see that when he wasn't making any money off his baby. Principle is GREAT, but it doesn't keep the lights on by itself.
When the right are accusing something of left wing bias and the left are accusing it of right wing bias... they're probably actually pretty neutral. Which makes sense for a company that just wants to sell games.
high rated
dgnfly: Your point is? other than posting this and seeming more butthurt because of what he said? Where is the part where he was asked by GOG to release it and then when he was willing they rejected him? OR are you so stuck up on a man's word in the past, Maybe your that shallow or narrow-minded but I couldn't give an ass about what he said other than he was willing to release it here and GOG after long waiting for the release screwed him over by rejecting him.

And if you Cleve Blakemore words were harsh and that triggered you that wouldn't explain all the other rejected games.
Did it ever occur to you that GoG WAS interested, but then Cleve released it on Steam exclusively. A year and a half of poor sales (and poor reviews) later, he finally offers it to GoG.

It's like taking an offer for a house, declining it, then going back 2 years later and complaining the person won't buy your house for the same price even though you've found out it needs a new roof.

No one screwed Cleve over but himself.