It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
Nice to see this here again.
Thanks Skimmie and Pateralf.

Not in.
low rated
skimmie: Also, friendly reminder to all, to please let us know if you want to be in for the GA - No mention means we assume you're NOT in.
Tbh i'd much rather have just ONE post NOT get low rated when I act/try to be nice here. :\

(More so even than the gift of game, I think)
high rated
skimmie: Also, friendly reminder to all, to please let us know if you want to be in for the GA - No mention means we assume you're NOT in.
GameRager: Tbh i'd much rather have just ONE post NOT get low rated when I act/try to be nice here. :\

I would appreciate if people wouldn't downvote in this thread as well. After all this is a Christmas thread and Christmas time should be about love (and also about forgiveness). But I guess there's not much we can do about it.
GameRager: Tbh i'd much rather have just ONE post NOT get low rated when I act/try to be nice here. :\

PaterAlf: I would appreciate if people wouldn't downvote in this thread as well. After all this is a Christmas thread and Christmas time should be about love (and also about forgiveness). But I guess there's not much we can do about it.
So far as I'm concerned your thread, your rules.... hopefully people listen. It kind of goes against the spirit of the season and of the thread to downvote someone regardless of the fact that they are being a positive participant in the thread.
high rated
Ok here are a couple of Christmas presents I remember, one year I got a bunch of what are now classic computer games like Sim Theme Park, Starcraft and Diablo which was pretty awesome. A few years ago I got a Christmas stocking the reason it's special is it was and basically still is the softest thing ever and being one who is very inclined to tactile things it makes me very happy. They were both surprises which is not normally how things go being as we are very pragmatic family.
high rated
cecil: Ok here are a couple of Christmas presents I remember, one year I got a bunch of what are now classic computer games like Sim Theme Park, Starcraft and Diablo which was pretty awesome. A few years ago I got a Christmas stocking the reason it's special is it was and basically still is the softest thing ever and being one who is very inclined to tactile things it makes me very happy. They were both surprises which is not normally how things go being as we are very pragmatic family.
That is a nice set of games to get gifted in one year.

I was gifted a stocking once too. My wife's family does stockings every year and after we got married her mother knit one for me. She knit new stockings for everyone that year and for some reason knit them according to the size of the persons feet. Everyone in my wife's family is pretty short and I'm pretty tall, I'm over a foot taller than the tallest person in their family. I'm not sure if it was a joke or if my mother in law thinks I'm a giant but the stocking she made me was massive. It was comically huge... too bad a don't have a picture of it to show the scale.
cecil: Ok here are a couple of Christmas presents I remember, one year I got a bunch of what are now classic computer games like Sim Theme Park, Starcraft and Diablo which was pretty awesome. A few years ago I got a Christmas stocking the reason it's special is it was and basically still is the softest thing ever and being one who is very inclined to tactile things it makes me very happy. They were both surprises which is not normally how things go being as we are very pragmatic family.
firstpastthepost: That is a nice set of games to get gifted in one year.

I was gifted a stocking once too. My wife's family does stockings every year and after we got married her mother knit one for me. She knit new stockings for everyone that year and for some reason knit them according to the size of the persons feet. Everyone in my wife's family is pretty short and I'm pretty tall, I'm over a foot taller than the tallest person in their family. I'm not sure if it was a joke or if my mother in law thinks I'm a giant but the stocking she made me was massive. It was comically huge... too bad a don't have a picture of it to show the scale.
You know what they say about men with big feet....
I think the chat vanished before I got the opportunity to respond accordingly, but I just wanted to say thank you to skimmie and PaterAlf and those who've shared interesting stories in the thread thus far as well.
low rated
PaterAlf: I would appreciate if people wouldn't downvote in this thread as well. After all this is a Christmas thread and Christmas time should be about love (and also about forgiveness). But I guess there's not much we can do about it.
Thank you for the kind words, it is appreciated more than know. :)
high rated
firstpastthepost: ...The cat tried to hide under the tree and our son decided to throw ornaments at him to get him out. Most of the ornaments survived, but this year the tree has plastic ornaments on it...
Santa has to smile while imagining the scene. With a second kid on the way, he also thinks you should get a game while you still have time for playing. He left something in your stocking.
Post edited December 05, 2019 by PaterAlf
firstpastthepost: ...The cat tried to hide under the tree and our son decided to throw ornaments at him to get him out. Most of the ornaments survived, but this year the tree has plastic ornaments on it...
PaterAlf: Santa has to smile while imagining the scene. With a second kid on the way, he also thinks you should get a game while you still have time for playing. e left something in your stocking.
Thank you very much. Merry Christmas. Still looking forward to more great stories from everyone else.
PaterAlf: Santa has to smile while imagining the scene. With a second kid on the way, he also thinks you should get a game while you still have time for playing. e left something in your stocking.
Since you live on Christmas Island, does that mean you get to celebrate Christmas every day?
low rated
TheBigCore: Since you live on Christmas Island, does that mean you get to celebrate Christmas every day?
That is a bit of a misconception...they actually celebrate EASTER all year round, and those on Easter Island Celebrate Christmas. :D

(This is a joke, in case someone didn't get that. :))

firstpastthepost: Thank you very much. Merry Christmas. Still looking forward to more great stories from everyone else.
One from me: Me and my mum used to(before she got too old and I started having my various mental issues making anything messy near impossible for me to do) bake cookies every year from scratch. I remember fondly getting out the big red betty crocker cookbook and her own family recipes and we would have fun making various traditional favorites....pigs in a blanket(I forget the name...they were filled with jelly and looked like stuffed pasta shells when pinched shut to bake) cookies, cutouts, etc.....it was very messy but so much fun to spend time doing it for all the ones we gave out cookies to.

And we would give them out to our family, friends, bosses(for those who worked), etc....it was wonderful seeing their smiles as they received them(some new to the yearly tradition didn't expect such effort to be put into their gifts or to get such and were often pleasantly surprised, and the ones familiar with the tradition always waited with anticipation for their yearly gift of treats). Now I am unable to continue(mental issues/etc) with such myself and my mum passed a year or more back, but I often remember such times fondly as I think of the past and look towards the future while keeping what traditions I can maintain alive and well in our family(father is too old to do so and brother isn't into it much, so it's up to me to carry the torch). :)
Post edited December 05, 2019 by GameRager
firstpastthepost: That is a nice set of games to get gifted in one year.

TheBigCore: You know what they say about men with big feet....
No?

Do tell. :P
GameRager: One from me: Me and my mum used to(before she got too old and I started having my various mental issues making anything messy near impossible for me to do) bake cookies every year from scratch. I remember fondly getting out the big red betty crocker cookbook and her own family recipes and we would have fun making various traditional favorites....pigs in a blanket(I forget the name...they were filled with jelly and looked like stuffed pasta shells when pinched shut to bake) cookies, cutouts, etc.....it was very messy but so much fun to spend time doing it for all the ones we gave out cookies to.

And we would give them out to our family, friends, bosses(for those who worked), etc....it was wonderful seeing their smiles as they received them(some new to the yearly tradition didn't expect such effort to be put into their gifts or to get such and were often pleasantly surprised, and the ones familiar with the tradition always waited with anticipation for their yearly gift of treats). Now I am unable to continue(mental issues/etc) with such myself and my mum passed a year or more back, but I often remember such times fondly as I think of the past and look towards the future while keeping what traditions I can maintain alive and well in our family(father is too old to do so and brother isn't into it much, so it's up to me to carry the torch). :)
I hope you got the recipes. Even if you can't carry on the tradition now, if you have the recipes you can always keep it going later. If you lost the recipes I can give you some good cookie recipes.