It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Reckless, beautiful, and well-equipped with twin pistols--Lara Croft is here!

[url=http://www.gog.com/en/gamecard/tomb_raider_123]Tomb Raider 1+2+3, the game that broke new ground in the third-person action genre, is available now on GOG.com for only $9.99.

If you’re one of those people who’ve never used a PC (welcome to GOG.com then!), never been to a movie theater, never owned a TV, and hate comic books, you might have never heard of Tomb Raider or Lara Croft. The Tomb Raider franchise spanned 14 games, 5 expansions, 2 movies, and countless comic books--not to mention incredible amounts of desktop wallpapers, posters and fan-art. Lara Croft is one of a kind--athletic, acrobatic, adventurous, attractive, and aristocratic, not to mention her short shorts and too-tight top. One of the (if not the) strongest and interesting female characters in gaming history is now available for download with EXTRAS for only $9.99, thanks to GOG.com, yours truly.

As a game, the first Tomb Raider was an enormous success, because it really offered “everything for everyone”: exceptional platforming action with jumping, running, and trigger-happy combat, intelligent puzzles and mazes, exploration and storyline for those who like adventures, and finally a wild ride of thrills, surprises, and challenges. Grab the original trilogy of Indiana Jones-style adventures with non-stop action, guns, puzzles, and double-D cup size.

Peru, Greece, Egypt, Atlantis, Venice, China, Tiber, London, Antarctica, and Lara’s home--you can visit all of those places in Tomb Raider 1+2+3 for only $9.99.
Rheinmetall: The cutscenes look really bad in this release. With incredibly poor resolution and horizontal dark lines. I'm using Windows 7, 64 bit. Is there a way to fix it?
In the screenshots the horizontal lines are not visible, but I see them when the cutscene is playing
That is quite normal for games from that era. Video compression was worse back then, and this also lowered the system requirements for the videos.
Disappointed to hear that these are not the full PC games.

Will stick with my console versions then. I was hoping for the PC exclusive levels. No idea why GOG couldn't get them since they were pretty much free to anyone owning a license for the game.
jeffreydean1: Disappointed to hear that these are not the full PC games.

Will stick with my console versions then. I was hoping for the PC exclusive levels. No idea why GOG couldn't get them since they were pretty much free to anyone owning a license for the game.
What do you mean with these not being the full PC games? To my knowledge, there was only one PC version of these games (i.e. not like Thief & Thief Gold), so that would have to be the version that GOG uses. Not doing so would be, well, a lot of work (either you would have to remove the levels from the game, or re-port the console version, which GOG does not do).
mrtophat101: Thank you. I'll be installing it on Windows XP later, I'll try that incase it does ask for a CD. :)
JudasIscariot: Can you mount a virtual CD/DVD-ROM drive in Wineskin?
I've tried and I haven't had much luck. PowerISO installs and runs just fine, but the Virtual CD Drive function doesn't work at all.

How exactly do you handle the virtual CD image? Is there an .iso file somewhere that I could mount?
Post edited June 04, 2012 by rampancy
JudasIscariot: Can you mount a virtual CD/DVD-ROM drive in Wineskin?
rampancy: I've tried and I haven't had much luck. PowerISO installs and runs just fine, but the Virtual CD Drive function doesn't work at all.

How exactly do you handle the virtual CD image? Is there an .iso file somewhere that I could mount?
Sorry, I don't know much about Wineskin. If you are asking about Windows, then PowerISO automatically mounts a virtual drive upon starting it up. Tomb Raider 3 just wants to see the presence of a CD/DVD-ROM drive.
rampancy: I've tried and I haven't had much luck. PowerISO installs and runs just fine, but the Virtual CD Drive function doesn't work at all.

JudasIscariot: Sorry, I don't know much about Wineskin. If you are asking about Windows, then PowerISO automatically mounts a virtual drive upon starting it up. Tomb Raider 3 just wants to see the presence of a CD/DVD-ROM drive.
So why doesn't it just auto-detect the presence of a user's existing optical drive? Why the need for CD/DVD drive emulation?
JudasIscariot: Sorry, I don't know much about Wineskin. If you are asking about Windows, then PowerISO automatically mounts a virtual drive upon starting it up. Tomb Raider 3 just wants to see the presence of a CD/DVD-ROM drive.
rampancy: So why doesn't it just auto-detect the presence of a user's existing optical drive? Why the need for CD/DVD drive emulation?
That's a problem of wineskin, which emulates a windows system but did the part about the cdrom not good enough.. Regarding the forum it's a known problem, maybe you want to check this thread and try one posted solution (change to wine engine 1.31). Personally I don't use wineskin (windows only user), so I can't really help you here.
DukeNukemForever: That's a problem of wineskin, which emulates a windows system but did the part about the cdrom not good enough.. Regarding the forum it's a known problem, maybe you want to check this thread and try one posted solution (change to wine engine 1.31). Personally I don't use wineskin (windows only user), so I can't really help you here.
Well, remember that Wineskin (as well as CrossOver, which is what I've been using) is a distribution of WINE, so this is more an issue of WINE itself, and yes, I know that CD/DVDs have always been a traditional weak point of WINE. I've tried pretty much every virtual CD app out there, and they either don't work for optical drive emulation or don't install properly.

CrossOver 11 currently uses a fork of the WINE engine derived from the 1.4 codebase, but WINE is now at up to 1.5.5, so I'll give it a go in Wineskin later. I wish I could figure out how to crack this puzzle -- this has been driving me nuts.

AFnord: What do you mean with these not being the full PC games? To my knowledge, there was only one PC version of these games (i.e. not like Thief & Thief Gold), so that would have to be the version that GOG uses. Not doing so would be, well, a lot of work (either you would have to remove the levels from the game, or re-port the console version, which GOG does not do).
The PC versions of these games had extra levels that were exclusive to the PC in most versions. GOG has stated in this thread that they are not included. And yes, there IS a Tomb Raider Gold.
dudalb's tips for applying the Windows XP/Vista TR2/3 multipatch have gotten both Tomb Raider 2 and 3 to work perfectly in CrossOver 11 on my Mac, with no issues with stability or cutscenes.
rampancy: Well, remember that Wineskin (as well as CrossOver, which is what I've been using) is a distribution of WINE, so this is more an issue of WINE itself, and yes, I know that CD/DVDs have always been a traditional weak point of WINE. I've tried pretty much every virtual CD app out there, and they either don't work for optical drive emulation or don't install properly.

CrossOver 11 currently uses a fork of the WINE engine derived from the 1.4 codebase, but WINE is now at up to 1.5.5, so I'll give it a go in Wineskin later. I wish I could figure out how to crack this puzzle -- this has been driving me nuts.
Yes, regarding that thread it's a wine problem which occurs after version 1.31. Wine shows the cdrom as a shared network drive and not as cdrom anymore, that's why programs like Tomb Raider can't see a cdrom drive and don't function as expected. The only solution at the moment seems to go back to version 1.31 and hope that the bug will be fixed very soon.

Edit: Good to hear that your problem is solved by another way ;-)
Post edited June 05, 2012 by DukeNukemForever
I think e means the extra levels that came with the Directors cut versions of TR 1-3 , i got all of them and they are quite good, but damm hard to play!

AFnord: What do you mean with these not being the full PC games? To my knowledge, there was only one PC version of these games (i.e. not like Thief & Thief Gold), so that would have to be the version that GOG uses. Not doing so would be, well, a lot of work (either you would have to remove the levels from the game, or re-port the console version, which GOG does not do).
Mman235: Unfortunately, the FMV's on the PC version are much lower quality than the Playstation ones.
That's strange.. The graphics engine of the game looks great, but the cutscenes look terrible. And it isn't the first time either I see a pc game having worse quality of FMV in comparison with the Playstation. Well, at l least now I know that I'm not doing anything wrong with my settings.
The first TR game is a must play, many good memories about it...

and $3.33 per game is a fair price. Thanks for bundling the three in one, GOG.
Oh, I see there is a patch now for the TR games on GOG.