It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The Surge is now available DRM-free. Get it up to 70% off until August 16th, 1pm UTC.

Welcome to CREO, the megacorporation saving our world! A catastrophic event has knocked you out during the first day on the job… you wake up equipped with a heavy-grade exoskeleton, in a destroyed section of the complex. Robots gone haywire, insane augmented co-workers and rogue AI - everything wants you dead.
Breja: Warning: the following post may contain an opinion you do not agree with, thus causing PTSD, irritable bowel syndrome, insomnia and hiccups. It also may contain nuts and trace ammounts of protomolecule. Proceed at your own risk.

I guess this is yet another proof of how out of touch I have come to be with modern gaming, since this is apparently a big deal and yet I've never even heard of this game before.

Anyway, while I'd definately be interested in a sci-fi RPG, as it always feels like there are too few of those, if this is indeed a Dark Souls-like game like I'm reading in the posts above, then it's definately not for me. Hell, not being able to manually save whenever I want is already a poor choice in my book, downright a terrible one in any sort of RPG.
You don't really need to manually save in a Soulslike though, they autosave after pretty much any action. Or is that why you would rather have the manual saves because of that?
Post edited August 10, 2019 by Earthbound_X
Earthbound_X: You don't really need to manually save in a Soulslike though, they autosave after pretty much any action. Or is that what you would rather have the manual saves because of?
I'm ok with autosaves, but I just never see any reason to not also have manual saves. Even if I don't need them, why not have them? No one has to use them if they don't want to. I like to savescum, to keep a shitload of saves and to know that I can save and quit the game at literally any moment. If there was a game that would allow me to save and quit during cut-scenes I would sing its praises forever.
Earthbound_X: You don't really need to manually save in a Soulslike though, they autosave after pretty much any action. Or is that what you would rather have the manual saves because of?
Breja: I'm ok with autosaves, but I just never see any reason to not also have manual saves. Even if I don't need them, why not have them? No one has to use them if they don't want to. I like to savescum, to keep a shitload of saves and to know that I can save and quit the game at literally any moment. If there was a game that would allow me to save and quit during cut-scenes I would sing its praises forever.
You can pretty much do that here, expect for keeping saves, though since it's on PC, I'm sure you could still keep backups. Soulslikes are the only game types I can think of that will save after every action, and let you quit at most times, and will put you right back where you were when you load back up.

Course if you don't like Souslikes, that won't mean much but, hey it's there, hah.
Nice to see here another game from Focus Home Interactive. Though, it doesn't seem to be my kind of game, maybe you'll bring MudRunner and some of the newer Farming Simulator games.
This game has sat on my steam wishlist for the last few years. Always put off getting it for some reason or another (mostly my backlog). now that its on gog I cant say no.

Maybe we will get lords of the fallen here soon too?
Post edited August 10, 2019 by Death_Masta187
Death_Masta187: This game has sat on my steam wishlist for the last few years. Maybe we will get lords of the fallen here soon too.
Good news, it's already here, and it's on sale right now:
https://www.gog.com/game/lords_of_the_fallen_game_of_the_year_edition
Death_Masta187: This game has sat on my steam wishlist for the last few years. Maybe we will get lords of the fallen here soon too.
SCPM: Good news, it's already here, and it's on sale right now:
well hot damn. I probably should have checked before I posted that. lol
makes me feel even more silly seeing it came out here in Nov 2018... doh.
Post edited August 10, 2019 by Death_Masta187
SCPM: Good news, it's already here, and it's on sale right now:
At -85% off too, nice
Cool game, great price.I'd buy it, but I'm not buying it a 3rd time. (Steam, PS4)
Awesome. Instabought. Very glad to see this on GOG. Thanks!
Post edited August 10, 2019 by SeduceMePlz
LittleCritter: An actual release of The Surge on gog?

I was on the verge of buying this a while back, the fact I could barely find any reviews of it made me wary
The Surge - Review - ACG
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGXoqpva7Bs
Breja: I'm ok with autosaves, but I just never see any reason to not also have manual saves. Even if I don't need them, why not have them? No one has to use them if they don't want to. I like to savescum, to keep a shitload of saves and to know that I can save and quit the game at literally any moment. If there was a game that would allow me to save and quit during cut-scenes I would sing its praises forever.
The problem here is that save scumming in a Souls Like game would completely brake the game as the main core of the gameplay is the risk vs reward dynamic. You always start at a safe house and have to analyze if you are good enough to push further or gather resources and get better equipment.
Death_Masta187: This game has sat on my steam wishlist for the last few years. Always put off getting it for some reason or another (mostly my backlog). now that its on gog I cant say no.

Maybe we will get lords of the fallen here soon too?
Lord of the Fallen IS on GOG.
Post edited August 10, 2019 by Yeshu
IronArcturus: Is the gameplay similar to Dead Space?
As far as I know, it's more of a Sci-Fi Dark Souls, except not as good. The current price looks OK, so maybe watch some gameplay videos first, and then decide whether it's worth a purchase to you.
Anothername: Does it have character creation? In the screens I see mostly that one dude.
MarkoH01: IIRC it only has one character and in the base game you can chose between two different outfits in the beginning.
Oh, ok. Thanks :)
Breja: I guess this is yet another proof of how out of touch I have come to be with modern gaming, since this is apparently a big deal and yet I've never even heard of this game before.
Don't feel bad, neither have I.

Hence I was just positively surprised that GOG would get such a semi-recent, AAA?, game to the store, and it doesn't seem like people are calling it a poor game either. And the trailer seemed tasty.

I like positive surprises as this. Of course, I can't be sure whether I will like the game or not. I know what game Dark Souls is (I have it on Steam, I have played it only shortly), and I am unsure what "Dark Souls"-like game means. Beat'em up with swords?