It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The Surge is now available DRM-free. Get it up to 70% off until August 16th, 1pm UTC.

Welcome to CREO, the megacorporation saving our world! A catastrophic event has knocked you out during the first day on the job… you wake up equipped with a heavy-grade exoskeleton, in a destroyed section of the complex. Robots gone haywire, insane augmented co-workers and rogue AI - everything wants you dead.
Wow nice, I've always wanted to play this one.
Ghegs: Oh, very cool. I already have the game on Steam where I played through the whole thing so I won't be doubledipping at this moment, don't want to pay €25 for content I already have access to elsewhere. But when the Augmented Edition is available for a bit lower price, then I'll go and grab that to show my support.

I liked The Surge much more than Dark Souls, honestly. None of that silly "Do utterly obscure actions X and Y in order to get weapon Z"-nonsense. Instead, you see that guy walking there, with that sweet-looking axe? Go chop his arm off. Boom, you now have the axe.
Exactly. This game actually makes sense and I loved it :P

I am also in the same situation as you (have the base game on Steam). So also gonna wait until the Augmented drops to like -75%.
Post edited August 09, 2019 by idbeholdME
low rated
Awesome. I've heard this is one of the worst Dark Souls clones ever made.

As a person who doesn't even like regular Dark Souls, I should have a great time with this.

Love seeing 2010s AAA table scraps re-emerge onto this store. I guess they're technically old games now, but I'm not exactly sure about good...?
An actual release of The Surge on gog?

I was on the verge of buying this a while back, the fact I could barely find any reviews of it made me wary (aside from that one above, and it is not exactly favorable). But part 2 is as good as out, maybe it will be an improvement. Thoguh the story still seems more or less non-existent, and bland story is a in most cases a dealbreaker.
LittleCritter: An actual release of The Surge on gog?

I was on the verge of buying this a while back, the fact I could barely find any reviews of it made me wary (aside from that one above, and it is not exactly favorable). But part 2 is as good as out, maybe it will be an improvement. Thoguh the story still seems more or less non-existent, and bland story is a in most cases a dealbreaker.
That's a really bad review, damn. Sure it have some flaws but this guy is clueless lol.
WOW! Did NOT expect to see this come here, I put off getting it through steam, thank gog I didn't! Thanks for finally bringing it over here!
low rated
The storyline she seems familiar and rehashed and im burnt out on mechs and exoskeletons and such, try harder at creativity please.
high rated
Well dang this is pretty cool. "AAA" title here less than 3 years old. I hope GOG finds ways to make it easier and easier to bring these games, w/o sacrificing DRM-free of course. I assume many will be nabbing The Surge at this discount (though maybe it's been even cheaper on Steam in the past).

And yeah, Styx series, A Plague Tale: Innocence, Silverfall, Bound By Flame, Sherlock Holmes: Crimes and Punishments, Technomancer, etc. would be welcome, especially the first three items (going by the wishlist).
Post edited August 10, 2019 by tfishell
So I've noticed the Windows 10 version has achievements, is this the Windows 10 version?

Or it is a separate GOG only version without any link to Microsoft's account system at all?
pbaggers: Awesome. I've heard this is one of the worst Dark Souls clones ever made.

As a person who doesn't even like regular Dark Souls, I should have a great time with this.

Love seeing 2010s AAA table scraps re-emerge onto this store. I guess they're technically old games now, but I'm not exactly sure about good...?
Where did you hear that from? As someone whose played it, I really enjoyed it. It got pretty good reviews overall.

But yeah if you already don't like Dark Souls/Soulslikes, I doubt you'd enjoy it yourself.
Post edited August 10, 2019 by Earthbound_X
Earthbound_X: So I've noticed the Windows 10 version has achievements, is this the Windows 10 version?
All games on GOG are the GOG versions.
XYCat: is this game good? And does it have an entertaining story?
Think Dark Souls 3, with less depth and pretty bland level design. It's fine, but you won't remember it within a month. Targeted combat is pretty nice though
Earthbound_X: So I've noticed the Windows 10 version has achievements, is this the Windows 10 version?
teceem: All games on GOG are the GOG versions.
Alright thanks, I'm was just curious if it was linked to the the Windows 10 store version or not. I got that Xbox Ultimate Gamepass 1 dollar deal at the time, and The Surge is part of that on PC, but I figured since I might not get to it in the year or so I have Gamepass, I might look at other options for later.

Not used to GOG having more recent games.
pbaggers: Awesome. I've heard this is one of the worst Dark Souls clones ever made.

Are you here just to nag?

Also, Surge is by far one of the better Souls Like games on the market with a sequel coming out soon.
Warning: the following post may contain an opinion you do not agree with, thus causing PTSD, irritable bowel syndrome, insomnia and hiccups. It also may contain nuts and trace ammounts of protomolecule. Proceed at your own risk.

I guess this is yet another proof of how out of touch I have come to be with modern gaming, since this is apparently a big deal and yet I've never even heard of this game before.

Anyway, while I'd definately be interested in a sci-fi RPG, as it always feels like there are too few of those, if this is indeed a Dark Souls-like game like I'm reading in the posts above, then it's definately not for me. Hell, not being able to manually save whenever I want is already a poor choice in my book, downright a terrible one in any sort of RPG.
Got it on PS4. It's got it where it counts; but don't expect perfection.