It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The Surge is now available DRM-free. Get it up to 70% off until August 16th, 1pm UTC.

Welcome to CREO, the megacorporation saving our world! A catastrophic event has knocked you out during the first day on the job… you wake up equipped with a heavy-grade exoskeleton, in a destroyed section of the complex. Robots gone haywire, insane augmented co-workers and rogue AI - everything wants you dead.
This looks like my kind of game: minimal story, maximal ass-kicking. The satellite waves are forcing me...to...buy...it.
MarkoH01: It obviously does have achievements - so it should have.
TheGreatDustpan: Not always the case. BioShock 2 Remastered and Metal Wolf Chaos XD are two recent games I've played through that have achievement support and no overlay.
Wait a sec, it says Metal Wolf Chaos xD has Overlay.
https://www.gogdb.org/product/1943046668#details

Marko,thanks anyway :P
Wish it was on GOG connect, already have the base game on Steam, but would love to grab the DLC on GOG.
TheGreatDustpan: Not always the case. BioShock 2 Remastered and Metal Wolf Chaos XD are two recent games I've played through that have achievement support and no overlay.
Pyromancer138: Wait a sec, it says Metal Wolf Chaos xD has Overlay.

That's outdated.
Oddeus: This looks like my kind of game: minimal story, maximal ass-kicking. The satellite waves are forcing me...to...buy...it.
Jusr embrace our new satellite overlords. That guy laid down the truth and we would be fools to defy the inevitable.

All hail the dish!!!
Pyromancer138: Wait a sec, it says Metal Wolf Chaos xD has Overlay.

TheGreatDustpan: That's outdated.
Oh shit, I hope the Galaxy Team fix it soon.
Loger13: Thanks GOG and FHI! Hope for further cooperation and the release of more games here.

P.S. But, I just note that at such price it will be difficult to sell the game in my "price region".
It seems to me that having set such a price here they lose more than earn. I mean, by conditionally lowering the price for example by 2 times, they could get sales 10 times more, which would ultimately bring more profit.
Do not pay any attention, just thinking out loud.
huan: I once saw cool quote about economics. "The trouble with many economic arguments made by laymen without real understanding is that they prove too much." In THIS case, if it worked universally as described, obvious (and obviously wrong) conclusion is that they'd reach maximum profit when the price becomes zero.
This is because YOU do not understand the economics and think that others are the same as you. Your conclusion is obviously wrongas you stated. And you obviously think that ONLY YOU noticed it. But this is only because you yourself voiced this conclusion. Don’t worry, it’s not only you who read books about economics.
The correct one sounds more like this (simplified): there is a certain balanced price (in each case its own), below which you will not receive a sufficient increase in sales to cover losses on a decrease in prices. It is by finding this price for each price region that profit can be maximized.
And by the way, we don’t need to tell us what quotes you saw on Facebook. It's boring.

huan: While this is what ECON101 tells us about demand, and true at certain parts of demand curve, actually measuring the demand curve and marginal revenue function is only doable AFTER the sales numbers come in. Definitely not something you can do as an outsider from your home.
It's right. But it’s also true that I have more information than you: at least I know the price of the game in my region, I’m familiar with the demand in the region (at least even at the household level, you don’t know local demand even on that level). And I know the prices of games of this level in my region, which means I can compare it with competitors of this product. And I can compare with the price in the neighboring region (where I go for 1 hour and there is not even a real border between us).
At the same time, you do not have such information, but you have already begun to tell where I am wrong.

huan: Game companies are bit unique because they usually eat their cake and then keep it too. Their goods are not perishable, as long as they can keep the lights on they are fine selling now at -50% to the gamers that can afford it and are hyped about the game, then later increase the discount to 60-90 and cover the rest of the market in steps. Fine example of price discrimination, and the dream of many industries.
This is a true statement, but completely useless within the framework of a raised conversation. I compared prices without a discount. But even if I were to compare prices with a discount, then in this case, for some games of this level (AAA), the discount is more. This is how you usually see the price of AAA-level games in some region at $59.99, and then see a game that costs $99.99. In addition, much more expensive than pre-ordering the upcoming Cyberpunk 2077. Such a difference in price in comparison with other games of the same level must be justified for the average consumer, or he will buy something else.

huan: PS: the above may sound somewhat bitter, which is definitely not the case.
It doesn’t sound bitter, it sounds useless, because you with less information started making statements about the correctness of my assumptions. If you try to do this, you first have to somehow confirm that you have enough information for this. And you don’t.
And yes, that statement ("Do not pay any attention, just thinking out loud") of mine was for you. Yes-yes, SPECIALLY FOR YOU.
Does it have character creation? In the screens I see mostly that one dude.
Anothername: Does it have character creation? In the screens I see mostly that one dude.
IIRC it only has one character and in the base game you can chose between two different outfits in the beginning.
Great!
One Title more to leave my Steam account behind! Thanks!
This is an instant buy for me!
low rated
that'd be a great nickname for a top-tier boyfriend
Oh, very cool. I already have the game on Steam where I played through the whole thing so I won't be doubledipping at this moment, don't want to pay €25 for content I already have access to elsewhere. But when the Augmented Edition is available for a bit lower price, then I'll go and grab that to show my support.

I liked The Surge much more than Dark Souls, honestly. None of that silly "Do utterly obscure actions X and Y in order to get weapon Z"-nonsense. Instead, you see that guy walking there, with that sweet-looking axe? Go chop his arm off. Boom, you now have the axe.
Also, since Focus is here, how about Styx, Of Orcs and Men, Mars: War Logs, and its excellent sequel Technomancer?
Bought the augmented edition. I think I'll watch the cool second trailer again.
Post edited August 09, 2019 by timppu
ShadowWulfe: Also, since Focus is here, how about Styx, Of Orcs and Men, Mars: War Logs, and its excellent sequel Technomancer?
I have it on steam and it really annoys me that it doesn't show the Xbox 360 controller buttons on-screen (just the keyboard ones).

I prefer playing 3rd person games with a controller... unless a game was designed with keyboard+mouse in mind, like The Witcher 1.