It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The long-awaited finale to the epic RPG saga from Nihon Falcom comes to a head. Along with the largest roster of characters in the series and a polished battle system, The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel IV is now available on GOG.COM!

Want to learn more about the company that created The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel series? Read our interview with the president of Nihon Falcom.

Share our love for games? Subscribe to our newsletter for news, releases, and exclusive discounts. Visit the “Privacy & settings” section of your GOG account to join now!
Anime-BlackWolf: 80 Bucks for the "all in" Version is quite heavy on the money guys... :(
The jury is still out as to whether or not that actually is an "all in version."

Presently, it's an open question as to whether or not NISA is:

a) deliberately excluding some costume DLCs from it or
b) simply hasn't uploaded them yet because they are botching this launch (just like they also botched the CS3 launch).

Hopefully it's option b) rather than a). Better for it to be a botched launch that still gives customers everything they should be getting in exchange for their money.

But if it's option a), then people are getting ripped off, IMO.
Anime-BlackWolf: 80 Bucks for the "all in" Version is quite heavy on the money guys... :(
I don't think it is actually "all in" either since there seem to be other cosmetic DLC not included, although it is hard to keep track of all the DLC since some are bundles (or so they say, although it seems the unbundled items aren't currently listed individually). Personally, I think of Falcom DLC more as "you are wealthy and want to give Falcom more money" and for that it makes sense that they are expensive, although I wish they would just have one cosmetic bundle and one cheats bundle and not pollute the game list with dozens of useless DLC (maybe GOG is finally forcing them to be more restrained or maybe the individual items will appear later). Often Falcom DLC are not just unnecessary but most of the cosmetic items don't really make sense in the game context.

Also note that there seem to be 69 tracks in the soundtrack so even the "20 track soundtrack" is just a sampler. You can buy it somewhere online but they normally charge almost as much for the full soundtrack as for the game.

I would be interested in the artbook but I don't want to support this limited time offer thing (and I'm not sure I'm $20 interested anyway) so I'll just get the regular and I'd suggest anyone who isn't wealthy should just pretend Falcom DLC doesn't exist (independent of if you get it now or wait for a sale).

Also, for anyone who hasn't played Trails games before it is best to start back at Trails in the Sky, although if you want to skip to the newer games either Cold Steel I or Cold Steel III would be better places to start than Cold Steel IV. Also, this is just the end of the Cold Steel games, there are two other newer games that I think might be true end of the Trails games. Plus Trails to Zero and Trails to Azure that come between the Sky series and Cold Steel that haven't had official translations but there is a high quality fan translation (well, Zero is available and Azure about to be available).

#Q&_^Q&Q#LINK:16#Q&_^Q&Q#
The one cosmetic bundle that is included is listed as $32 individually and the other one not mentioned is $22.50 so I'm thinking it likely isn't a mistake and it isn't all included. But as you say, hard to tell.
Post edited April 09, 2021 by joveian
Ancient-Red-Dragon: The jury is still out as to whether or not that actually is an "all in version."

Presently, it's an open question as to whether or not NISA is:

a) deliberately excluding some costume DLCs from it or

But if it's option a), then people are getting ripped off, IMO.
NIS usually do. No reason to think otherwise. And when people find a way to add the costumes missing, they block it.
Anime-BlackWolf: I only think about the quality of the OST preorder and the artbooks preorder. Are THOSE worth the extra price / pre-ordering...
For OST they gave MP3 and FLAC. Worth if you like the OSTs.
But I think they will sell as DLCs later on.
Echoes of Erebonia (OST sample) contains 5 tracks.
Twilight Resonance contains 5 tracks from Echoes of Erebonia + 15 additional tracks = 20 tracks.

For Mini-Artbook they gave 24 pages of 'simplified version of Artbook' titled Black Records.
It only contains 5 main characters from CS3 - pictures with no text.
Some illustrations and background paintings.
Feels like demo version of real Artbook.

Artbook contains 128 pages title The Complete Black Records.
It contains all playable characters from Cold Steel, Trail in the Sky, Ao no Kiseki with their descriptions.
Even some of the villains (Rutger, Duvalie, McBurn etc)
More background paintings, concepts, sketches.
Few machines, vehicles, weapons sketches and concepts (Valimar, Bobcat, armies, Altina sword etc)

I'm hoping for some high quality printable wallpapers but the illustrations will do.

Is it worth extra USD20? They took my money already so I will take it as worthy collectibles XD
Post edited April 09, 2021 by hafizadam
Anime-BlackWolf: I only think about the quality of the OST preorder and the artbooks preorder. Are THOSE worth the extra price / pre-ordering...
hafizadam: ...
They took my money already so I will take it as worthy collectibles haha
Thanks a lot! Now I can sleep and think about that bonus offer.

So we pay 20 Euros / Dollars more for 15 music tracks and a "good" artbook and a pure promotional book AND the 32 Euro / Dollars DLC costume pack. Now the question is: IS IT WORTH THAT.

The other DLC must be purchased later, the in-game one is "bonus" not more, just the "additional" costume DLC COULD be interresting. Could be, because it seems quite small in reality.
Post edited April 09, 2021 by Anime-BlackWolf
GalvanicQuas: NIS usually do. No reason to think otherwise. And when people find a way to add the costumes missing, they block it.
I'm no fan of NISA.

But there may be reasons to think otherwise in this particular case, because:

a) many of the currently-missing DLCs from the PC version are free on the PS4 version...so they may also be free on the PC version and/or included with the expensive versions of the game.

But whether they will be or not, no knows right now, because NISA didn't tell anyone what their intentions are in these regards.

b) there are also many other botchings associated with this launch. For example, they initially only made the most expensive version available to buy on Steam, and no Standard version.

Conversely, on GOG, presently customers can only buy the Standard version, and not the more expensive version.

So it could be the missing DLCs are a result of NISA's general ineptitude, rather than them having made a conscious choice to rip people off by charging extra for them, and/or to exclude some DLCs from the PC version entirely.

But we will have to wait and see, as only NISA and/or GOG and/or Steam knows the answer to these questions, and as of yet, none of them have clarified these points.
Post edited April 09, 2021 by Ancient-Red-Dragon
Ancient-Red-Dragon: I'm no fan of NISA.

But there may be reasons to think otherwise in this particular case, because:

a) many of the currently-missing DLCs from the PC version are free on the PS4 version...so they may also be free on the PC version and/or included with the expensive versions of the game.

But whether they will be or not, no knows right now, because NISA didn't tell anyone what their intentions are in these regards.

b) there are also many other botchings associated with this launch. For example, they initially only made the most expensive version available to buy on Steam, and no Standard version.

Conversely, on GOG, presently customers can only buy the Standard version, and not the more expensive version.

So it could be the missing DLCs are a result of NISA's general ineptitude, rather than them having made a conscious choice to rip people off and/or exclude some DLCs from the PC version entirely.

But we will have to wait and see, as only NISA and/or GOG and/or Steam knows the answer to these questions, and as of yet, none of them have clarified these points.
GOG can get the more expensive version:

https://www.gog.com/game/the_legend_of_heroes_trails_of_cold_steel_iv_digital_deluxe_edition

And if there's even more reason to include them even in the standard release if they are free:

https://www.gog.com/game/the_legend_of_heroes_trails_of_cold_steel_iv

Which it doesn't seem to make clear as it says "Launch Week Only Edition" under the cheaper (but still very overpriced) edition.
Post edited April 09, 2021 by GalvanicQuas
Ancient-Red-Dragon: Conversely, on GOG, presently customers can only buy the Standard version, and not the more expensive version.
Not true. We can buy the "big" edition here, too. Just as on steam.

https://www.gog.com/game/the_legend_of_heroes_trails_of_cold_steel_iv_digital_deluxe_edition

GOG did not post it correctly at this moment.
Well, I couldn't find that link in the previous hour or two. So I'm not sure if it was actually there right when it was supposed to be, but it seems like that it was not.

That's good that it's there now though.

hafizadam: For OST they gave MP3 and FLAC. Worth if you like the OSTs.
It's nowhere close to being the full OST though. It's only includes 20 out of 69 tracks. A full track listing of the 3-CD real & full OST can be seen here: https://kiseki.fandom.com/wiki/Sen_no_Kiseki_IV_-The_End_of_Saga-_Original_Soundtrack

It would have been much better for them to put all those tracks into the the supposed OST being listed with the game.
In case no one realize yet, clicking on New Release shows these;

Standard Cosmetic Set USD 31.99 (included in Deluxe)
https://www.gog.com/game/the_legend_of_heroes_trails_of_cold_steel_iv_standard_cosmetic_set

Premium Cosmetic Set USD22.46
https://www.gog.com/game/the_legend_of_heroes_trails_of_cold_steel_iv_premium_cosmetic_set

Consumable Starter Set USD 23.66
https://www.gog.com/game/the_legend_of_heroes_trails_of_cold_steel_iv_consumable_starter_set

Consumable Value Set USD 39.58
https://www.gog.com/game/the_legend_of_heroes_trails_of_cold_steel_iv_consumable_value_set
Fastest purchase I've ever made with that Deluxe Edition. Thank you NISA and GOG!
Ancient-Red-Dragon: Well, I couldn't find that link in the previous hour or two. So I'm not sure if it was actually there right when it was supposed to be, but it seems like that it was not.
It was. I found it 4 minutes after the newspost was published here.
Anime-BlackWolf: It was. I found it 4 minutes after the newspost was published here.
Even if that be so, it still is not listed in a good way.

Contrary to how it actually is listed, the version that customers want to buy should all be available on a single GOG store page, and choosable via a drop-down menu, like many other games on GOG have with their store pages.
Holy crap. What a parade this week. I still have yet to finish 2 on nightmare. Onto the wishlist for now.
It's the standard edition for me as I'll be damned if I blow $80 on useless consumables and tacky swimwear that doesn't add anything to the gameplay... now if they were new characters/story missions then yeah, it would be worth it, but not for these silly pointless DLCs...

EDIT: As mentioned before, if you have the money and are a serious completist collector, then go for it, I could think of worse things to blow $80 on, especially since we americans got a $1.4k stimulus check!
Post edited April 09, 2021 by TZODnmr2k5