It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The long-awaited finale to the epic RPG saga from Nihon Falcom comes to a head. Along with the largest roster of characters in the series and a polished battle system, The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel IV is now available on GOG.COM!

Want to learn more about the company that created The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel series? Read our interview with the president of Nihon Falcom.

Share our love for games? Subscribe to our newsletter for news, releases, and exclusive discounts. Visit the “Privacy & settings” section of your GOG account to join now!
low rated
Crosmando: A swimsuit is "controversial" now? We back in the 1950's it seems.
A swimsuit for swimming is not "controversial". A swimsuit costume option for coomers makes the game coomer fodder. It's like you go to the store to buy a thanksgiving turkey, and the cashier gives you a wink and says, "Hey, if you want to fuck that turkey, it's totally fine with us, you know? No judging ;)"
Mr.Mumbles: Pfft. People being salty over missing trashy fan-service costume options.
I'm sure there's mods anyway. The bigger issue I have is with the pricing that is kind of steep just for the standard version let alone the deluxe edition.
Starmaker: A swimsuit for swimming is not "controversial". A swimsuit costume option for coomers makes the game coomer fodder. It's like you go to the store to buy a thanksgiving turkey, and the cashier gives you a wink and says, "Hey, if you want to fuck that turkey, it's totally fine with us, you know? No judging ;)"
If I'm gonna smack the 'ole piss muscle, I'm gonna use a video with a real woman, not some drawing of some saucer-eyed noseless virtual barbie doll-in-a-bikini...
DreamedArtist: yeah cause some things was apparently sexist they re wrote dialog to make it none sexist or something and changed other things to make it more fitting for a western audience. There is a thing on YouTube about it, was pretty bad, the writers attacked people who asked them why and not leave it to the original thing. XD
*facepalm* As a translator myself (mind you as a personal hobby) I started hating the crap that localization are able to pull off, sigh.
At any rate, in the worst case scenario I will switch to japanese interface and call it a day (unless they censored the japanese dialogue as well).

Grargar: There was? I'm pretty sure that one was for the second Cold Steel and it gave you a serial if you own any of the Sky games (I still have my one and technically, it is temporary in the sense that the code is expiring in 2028).

Edit: At any rate, I see no indication that the Cold Steel III Costume bundle is a launch week bonus. On Steam, NISA doesn't mention it as part of the launch week bonus.
Mine expired in 2018, that's kidna funny XD.
Anyway, so the steam version doesn't even mention that? What the helll...

Well at this point It seems that I can rest assured and wait for a sale.
Post edited April 11, 2021 by Kyousuke.
Whislisted for now.

I thought they were going to make discounts for the franchise for the realease of tris game, but I guess I'll have to wait for the summer discounts.
Post edited April 14, 2021 by Sjuan
Starmaker: A swimsuit for swimming is not "controversial". A swimsuit costume option for coomers makes the game coomer fodder. It's like you go to the store to buy a thanksgiving turkey, and the cashier gives you a wink and says, "Hey, if you want to fuck that turkey, it's totally fine with us, you know? No judging ;)"
Are you retarded?
Starmaker: "Hey, if you want to fuck that turkey, it's totally fine with us, you know? No judging ;)"
"Sir, how else am I supposed to stuff a turkey?"
Sjuan: Whislisted for now.

I thought they were going to make discounts for the franchise for his departure, but I guess I'll have to wait for the summer discounts.
this franchise on release almost never gets a discount as I can remember. but over time you will be able to get a good deal.
So far game is really on the same pace as CSIII. Durante port is, as always, very good with constant updates after releases to fix issues asap.
Game is really more demanding on my gpu, some areas are optimized "à la Falcom" (esp.forests ones). i'm glad they're switching to a new engine for Kuro No Kiseki !

Only thing missing on gog version is the .ico for the shortcut created by galaxy.
I've been busy this month, too busy to want to spend time wrestling with GOG's craptastic web design. So...

Was this deal live for a single week? And the artbooks and soundtrack samplers aren't available as a separate purchase for those who missed that window?

That's *extremely* lame if so. Whatever happened to preorders opening a month or more in advance? Didn't like exclusives then, either, but at least you had time to become aware of the offer, consider it, and budget for it if needed.

I'd have bought it full-price, but instead this one will be going on the $10 or less list.
SeduceMePlz: I've been busy this month, too busy to want to spend time wrestling with GOG's craptastic web design. So...

Was this deal live for a single week? And the artbooks and soundtrack samplers aren't available as a separate purchase for those who missed that window?

That's *extremely* lame if so. Whatever happened to preorders opening a month or more in advance? Didn't like exclusives then, either, but at least you had time to become aware of the offer, consider it, and budget for it if needed.

I'd have bought it full-price, but instead this one will be going on the $10 or less list.
They were launch week bonuses to encourage buying on release week. Same thing they did with Trails of Cold Steel III, same thing they did with Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana. So it should have came as no surprise to anyone.

There were never preorders for any of those either, so why do you expect that now? There were no preorders on Steam either, so it's not something unique or lacking on GOG.

So really you only have yourself to blame here. There's been a store page up for Trails of Cold Steel IV for at least six months time. Why didn't you have it wishlisted so you could get an e-mail from GOG when it released? Even if you didn't have it wishlisted, GOG still sent out a e-mail that had Trails of Cold Steel IV front and center advertising the new release.

And good luck waiting for it to hit $10 or less. You'll be waiting many years for that to happen, and I'd bet that it'll never get that low, ever. The price floor for these games, especially later games in a particular arc, is never going to drop below a certain point.
TomNuke: snip
Ah, yes - it's the consumer's fault for not being plugged in 24-7, subbed to all the latest spam, waiting with bated breath and open wallet. Thanks for clearing that up.

Seeing as how I can borrow the game for exactly zero dollars, I'm not too concerned how long it takes to hit $10.

Also, fyi, there was a preorder for Ys VIII, well in advance.
Post edited April 19, 2021 by SeduceMePlz
SeduceMePlz: Ah, yes - it's the consumer's fault for not being plugged in 24-7, subbed to all the latest spam, waiting with bated breath and open wallet. Thanks for clearing that up.

Seeing as how I can borrow the game for exactly zero dollars, I'm not too concerned how long it takes to hit $10.

Also, fyi, there was a preorder for Ys VIII, well in advance.
Okay, definitely not for ToCSIII, and they both still had launch week bonuses. You only yourself to blame, but you show up here acting all pathetic and bitter by insulting GOG, and claiming you would have bought something, but instead will be waiting for bargain bin.

LOL, and then you actually respond like a man-child with a "well I can just steal it instead if I want, so I don't care how long it takes".

You're really making yourself look good there. People like you do no favors to this platform, or PC gaming in general. What a complete joke...
You do know that Trails was released on PS4 around six months ago, right? Or is borrowing a disc considered "stealing" in your worldview?

GOG's awful web design is incidental to the rest of my post (and something they should be reminded of from a time to time, by those of us who remember a better front page). So I don't know why you seem to think that I blame GOG for NISA's decisions. You do seem quite interested in and offended by my decision to not give money to NISA for less content. Trust me - it'll be okay.
Post edited April 20, 2021 by SeduceMePlz
SeduceMePlz: You do know that Trails was released on PS4 around six months ago, right? Or is borrowing a disc considered "stealing" in your worldview?

GOG's awful web design is incidental to the rest of my post (and something they should be reminded of from a time to time, by those of us who remember a better front page). So I don't know why you seem to think that I blame GOG for NISA's decisions. You do seem quite interested in and offended by my decision to not give money to NISA for less content. Trust me - it'll be okay.
Oh, I'm very aware of when it released on PS4, and I'm sure that's what you meant when you're talking about "borrowing". Just not a smart thing to do, or a good look suggesting that regardless of what you claim to "mean". But I'm sure you don't care about that, because you already look like a man-child with the whining about something you only have yourself to blame for. So why not take it the extra mile, right?

Bottom line is this: You had every opportunity to add the game to your wish list here when the store page was up for like six months or so. If you had emails enabled from GOG you would have had been alerted to the release, regardless if it was on the wishlist or not.

Trails of Cold Steel III had launch week bonuses, so did Ys VIII. It shouldn't be a surprise to anyone, and if you really cared about the game that much then you would have been more in know about what's going on. It's not like NISA just released the game out of nowhere. The release date for PC was announced well in advance.

You only have yourself to blame for missing out on the launch week. You whine like a man-child, and take shots at GOG or NISA, and then suggest "borrowing" because of something you only have yourself to blame for.

I won't respond to you again. It's your fault you missed out, and you're acting like a man-child. You know it, and there's nothing left to say.