It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

God damn hippies!

Supreme League of Patriots: Season Pass, a point and click adventure across the jingoistic realities of American superhero culture, is available now for Windows, Mac OS X and Linux. DRM-free on GOG.com with a 10% launch discount!

Supreme League of Patriots: Season Pass is a politically incorrect satire through and through, a hilarious one at that. We begin with the brief story of Kyle Keever, an aspiring actor auditioning for his role in "America's Got Superpowers" - a soon to be hit reality show. He dons his uber-patriotic garbs, an ultra-right wing mindset and… he has an accident. Thus Purple Patriot is born: superpowered and certifiably insane. He'll stand up and fight for everything that is good in America while stamping out the evils of this world. Evils like hippies. And immigrants. If you like most things that are funny, this classical point and click adventure is sure to bring you all the joy you need, and all the justice you can carry.
Supreme League of Patriots: Season Pass includes all three episodes released as part of Season I.

Purple Patriot Wants You to help him with these ridiculous puzzles in Supreme League of Patriots: Season Pass, available now on GOG.com. The 10% launch discount will last for one week, until Thursday, February 5 at 13:59 AM GMT.
Where is my pal PaterAlf? I'll do the honours then.

Thanks No Bull Intentions and POS for the release. Unfortunately you chose to go the regional pricing route, so no purchase.
Allright. Thanks, No Bull Intentions, for making this, and thanks, GOG, for putting this thing up here. I haven't laughed this much in a while.
Post edited January 30, 2015 by Maighstir
high rated
Hi,

I'm the lead developer of SLOP. Just to confirm what was said above, Season One of the game is complete on the store. There are three episodes (issues) each of around four hours. We released them all together because we received feedback that people don't like waiting for new episodes. Also, with a new indie developer, there is the issue of trust. How do you know whether we can be trusted to deliver all three issues we promise? In this case, it's easy. We delivered them all up front. Each issue is a standalone story. They're not available separately on GOG, and I believe that was GOG's preference.

If, and when, we do more SLOP, it will be a second season. It will likely be another three episodes. That is not included in the purchase here and now.

It's still very early days, so there are not a huge number of reviews so far. I won't post links to any reviews, as that would be tacky. The ones I've read so far are mostly 6's, 7's and 8's, plus a few which don't provide scores as such. If you look around, I'm sure you'll find them and we've been reposting them on our Facebook page.

If I can provide any more clarity - particularly on issues like the Season Pass contents, I would be happy to do so.

Finally, you can rest assured that America itself is not being lampooned here. It's only elements of American politics and popular culture. However, I like to think we're pretty even handed. The British get a lot of jokes, as I'm British, and France and Korea are also zinged, just to name three off the top of my head.
HypersomniacLive: Thanks No Bull Intentions and POS for the release. Unfortunately you chose to go the regional pricing route, so no purchase.
What region are you in? I'm in the UK and, although I see the regional pricing, notice on the website, the price is the same as it is anywhere else. It's a literal dollars to pounds equivalent.
Post edited January 30, 2015 by sybixsus
Hi, sybixsus, thanks for joining and answering some questions.
I followed the broadcast for a while, and like the game, though it's not always easy for me to understand the side blows.
But the game is always good for some laughter.

Going to Check-Out now.
Good luck for you and more seasons for us. :)

Extra plus points for your attitude: No DRM!
gixgox: Nevertheless I'm highly tempted to buy this release just for the developers attitude:
http://supremeleagueofpatriots.com/about/]What does 'No Bull' mean?
Well, obviously it means "No Flat Pricing", so it's a no-buy for me. Quite sad to see Phoenix Online Studios go the regional pricing road. I liked their former games.

HypersomniacLive: Where is my pal PaterAlf? I'll do the honours then.

Thanks No Bull Intentions and POS for the release. Unfortunately you chose to go the regional pricing route, so no purchase.
No need to worry. I'm here. ;)
sybixsus: Hi,

I'm the lead developer of SLOP. Just to confirm what was said above, Season One of the game is complete on the store. There are three episodes (issues) each of around four hours. We released them all together because we received feedback that people don't like waiting for new episodes. Also, with a new indie developer, there is the issue of trust. How do you know whether we can be trusted to deliver all three issues we promise? In this case, it's easy. We delivered them all up front. Each issue is a standalone story. They're not available separately on GOG, and I believe that was GOG's preference.

If, and when, we do more SLOP, it will be a second season. It will likely be another three episodes. That is not included in the purchase here and now.

It's still very early days, so there are not a huge number of reviews so far. I won't post links to any reviews, as that would be tacky. The ones I've read so far are mostly 6's, 7's and 8's, plus a few which don't provide scores as such. If you look around, I'm sure you'll find them and we've been reposting them on our Facebook page.

If I can provide any more clarity - particularly on issues like the Season Pass contents, I would be happy to do so.

Finally, you can rest assured that America itself is not being lampooned here. It's only elements of American politics and popular culture. However, I like to think we're pretty even handed. The British get a lot of jokes, as I'm British, and France and Korea are also zinged, just to name three off the top of my head.

HypersomniacLive: Thanks No Bull Intentions and POS for the release. Unfortunately you chose to go the regional pricing route, so no purchase.
sybixsus: What region are you in? I'm in the UK and, although I see the regional pricing, notice on the website, the price is the same as it is anywhere else. It's a literal dollars to pounds equivalent.
Cheers fro chiming in.

I'm in the EU region, and attached is what I see on the game page. The offer of $1.60 in store credit clearly means that the price is higher in my region than the US one.
Attachments:
PaterAlf: Well, obviously it means "No Flat Pricing", so it's a no-buy for me. Quite sad to see Phoenix Online Studios go the regional pricing road. I liked their former games.

No need to worry. I'm here. ;)
Good to see you! :-)
high rated
HypersomniacLive: Cheers fro chiming in.

I'm in the EU region, and attached is what I see on the game page. The offer of $1.60 in store credit clearly means that the price is higher in my region than the US one.
Ah ok, I see it now. I saw that the price was the same on GOG as everywhere else, but I see now that that's only because of the discount which is currently being applied. I'll ask the publisher if that's a policy or something of which they were unaware.
PaterAlf: Well, obviously it means "No Flat Pricing", so it's a no-buy for me. Quite sad to see Phoenix Online Studios go the regional pricing road. I liked their former games.
Broadly speaking it means that I don't like to mess people around and I aim to always be straight with people. In that spirit, as the developer, I have to respect the publisher's rights and decisions, because I agreed to let them publish the game for me. However, I've found all of the team at Phoenix to be extremely decent and genuine, and I'm certain that they will be keen to hear your feedback. I'm not going to promise anything (No Bull, remember?) but I will ask them about it and get back to you with a response.

What you're asking is perfectly reasonable. I've bought games on GOG (Witcher 2 springs to mind) which had this regional pricing where you get credit towards other games. I agree with you that it feels a little unfair, but I don't know the reasons behind it and I won't until I ask the publisher.
Post edited January 30, 2015 by sybixsus
sybixsus: Broadly speaking it means that I don't like to mess people around and I aim to always be straight with people. In that spirit, as the developer, I have to respect the publisher's rights and decisions, because I agreed to let them publish the game for me. However, I've found all of the team at Phoenix to be extremely decent and genuine, and I'm certain that they will be keen to hear your feedback. I'm not going to promise anything (No Bull, remember?) but I will ask them about it and get back to you with a response.

What you're asking is perfectly reasonable. I've bought games on GOG (Witcher 2 springs to mind) which had this regional pricing where you get credit towards other games. I agree with you that it feels a little unfair, but I don't know the reasons behind it and I won't until I ask the publisher.
That's cool for me. Promise to buy your game right away if you can convince your publisher to return to flat pricing. GOG's fair price policy is nice, but buying games with it would still mean to support regional pricing the way it is done at the moment. In theory regional pricing could be fine (for example if there would be discounts for the poorest countries in the world), but normally it just means higher prices for Europe and Australia and a heavy discount for Russia (and some ex-Soviet countries) and I'm not willing to go that road.
Post edited January 30, 2015 by PaterAlf
sybixsus: Ah ok, I see it now. I saw that the price was the same on GOG as everywhere else, but I see now that that's only because of the discount which is currently being applied. I'll ask the publisher if that's a policy or something of which they were unaware.
Cheers, eagerly waiting to hear what the situation is; as far as we know, prices and pricing model are usually decided by the publisher.
high rated
Right, I've had a response from the publisher, and I will attempt to explain.

In the case of Phoenix, they use regional pricing to ensure that the prices are the same between all stores. If we don't sell at the same price on all stores, we're just creating a new kind of unfairness. Also, remember that VAT is included in the price so, in terms of equality, you're actually paying less than the US dollar price, before tax.

Obviously I cannot, and would not link to prices on any other store, but I have just been to the other stores that are selling the game and I can confirm - because I'm in the UK and regional pricing is the same for me - that the game is the same price exactly on GOG as it is on other stores, except for two things. Firstly, GOG is currently offering a 9% discount because other stores had a preorder discount which was not available here. Plus you get a little bit of credit in your account if you buy the game on GOG, which you won't get anywhere else.

So, in fact, you're actually getting a better deal on GOG than you would get anywhere else. (And I probably make less money from a European sale than I do from an American sale, so there's nothing in this system for me!)

As I say, the team at Phoenix have been incredibly helpful and supportive with me, and they might well disable regional pricing if I really insisted on it. Having heard their explanation of why the pricing is the way it is, and having confirmed that VAT is included in the price you see, I honestly feel that their pricing model is fair.

If you do not, I absolutely respect your choice not to buy the game.
sybixsus: ...
Just wanted to say: Thanks to you and Phoenix for releasing your game here! Also, thanks for chiming in here on the forums and taking customer feedback seriously! Best of success with your game! I'll definitely pick it up at a later point when I'm less bled dry (Sooo many LucasArts releases these past few days...)
sybixsus: *snip*
Thank you for explaining. I can understand your (and Phoenix') point of view, but I still won't buy it. Even if VAT is a factor I can't deny, it's a lame excuse in my eyes. It works at the moment, because of the actual $ - € - conversion rate, but just some months ago Europeans had to pay 40% more with the normal 1$ = 1€ regional pricing. What does this have to do with VAT? And why do the Russians always get the lowest price, even if they are by far not the poorest country in the world (income in Moscow is pretty high for example)? And why do African countries have to pay the US price?

I wouldn't mind paying a regional price that feels fair, but so far no one came up with that (guess it isn't even possible, because even within each single country there are great income differences) I will only buy games that are flat priced.

And I know that I will get a good deal when I buy the game on GOG (because of the fair price package), but they pay the difference out of their own pocket and I think they shouldn't have to do that just to give every customer a fair price (it should be fair right from the beginning instead).

Wish you the best for your game though. Will buy it when it becomes flat priced in the future or when it turns up in a bundle.
sybixsus: snip....
Thanks for your explanations. I might add a simple suggestion: wouldn't it be more clarifying to rename the gamecard as "SLOP: complete season 1" instead of the season pass thing which brings confusion. Maybe it's Phoenix decision to name it like this but hey, customers here are a little bit touchy so it would please them more and it's just a word change ;)
sybixsus: Right, I've had a response from the publisher, and I will attempt to explain.

In the case of Phoenix, they use regional pricing to ensure that the prices are the same between all stores. If we don't sell at the same price on all stores, we're just creating a new kind of unfairness. Also, remember that VAT is included in the price so, in terms of equality, you're actually paying less than the US dollar price, before tax.

Obviously I cannot, and would not link to prices on any other store, but I have just been to the other stores that are selling the game and I can confirm - because I'm in the UK and regional pricing is the same for me - that the game is the same price exactly on GOG as it is on other stores, except for two things. Firstly, GOG is currently offering a 9% discount because other stores had a preorder discount which was not available here. Plus you get a little bit of credit in your account if you buy the game on GOG, which you won't get anywhere else.

So, in fact, you're actually getting a better deal on GOG than you would get anywhere else. (And I probably make less money from a European sale than I do from an American sale, so there's nothing in this system for me!)

As I say, the team at Phoenix have been incredibly helpful and supportive with me, and they might well disable regional pricing if I really insisted on it. Having heard their explanation of why the pricing is the way it is, and having confirmed that VAT is included in the price you see, I honestly feel that their pricing model is fair.

If you do not, I absolutely respect your choice not to buy the game.
Thanks for that.

Since you've been so candid with us and the price seems fair I'll be picking this up very soon!