It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Bohemian rhapsody.

UPDATE: Attention, hedge knights! The game has just been updated to v1.4, which brings several fixes and cool bits and bobs like new beard and hair mechanics, an unarmed mercy kill, and the free HD Texture and Audio Pack, which significantly enhances the game's audiovisual fidelity. It's a good day for some not-so-noble errants, isn't it?

Kingdom Come: Deliverance is now available, DRM-free on GOG.com.
Your sword is vengeance. Your sword is destiny. Your sword is all you have left.
The civil war that ravages medieval Bohemia took everything from you and now a life in the service of a local lord seems the only available path. But only momentarily, because this dynamic open world is packed with role-playing opportunities and challenges, opening up into a gut-wrenching narrative involving historical characters of the era.

Get the game together with its OST and digital Art Book for a 10% series discount.
Senteria: So is it better than it was on the original launch day over at the competitor's place? Does the game come with specific galaxy things that make up for the wait? Or was the wait arbitrary
Ixamyakxim: I'm guessing largely arbitrary, however the devs have released a few major patches that we're getting "Day One" so that saves you a redownload or three (not to mention the aggravation of bugs and such).

Plus for me DRM free is always worth the wait. As is supporting a dev who basically released here with their big AAA game.
Too bad the devs gone back on many of the promises made during the kickstarter campaign, ruining it for every honest developer that want to use the platform. They missed delivering crucial information to backers that found out few days before release about missing or changed rewards while there was plenty of time to provide those information in many of the updates they made on ks that in retrospect was more pr updates than anything. Backers of the physical version got an inferior product than promised, often for invalid reasons. They also neglected the half promises about looking into a drm-free release, while later negate it with the excuse that delivering the keys (for humble store or gog) to backers would be impossible for them due to a system they put in place that require to link the steam account indicating that they never wanted a drm-free release (but was convenient for them to make backers believe it). Something even the smaller indie developer could manage. In all that they are rarely replying to backers.
This kind of developer went against what makes crowdfunding great and in hindsight it was a bad idea supporting them, even if the final product is somehow good. I suggest avoiding support them, expecially when they are selling the game at this AAA price.
low rated
MIK0: This kind of developer went against what makes crowdfunding great and in hindsight it was a bad idea supporting them, even if the final product is somehow good. I suggest avoiding support them, expecially when they are selling the game at this AAA price.
Hmm, worth bearing in mind.
Thanks Warhorse for implementing cloud saves and achievements!
Judging by the bugs kerfuffle in the weeks following release, the delayed GOG release predictably turned out to be a blessing in disguise. They've got another major patch coming out this week so I'm going to let my copy of Kingdom Come cool its heels for now while I try Into The Breach.
high rated
MIK0: This kind of developer went against what makes crowdfunding great and in hindsight it was a bad idea supporting them, even if the final product is somehow good. I suggest avoiding support them, expecially when they are selling the game at this AAA price.
SirPrimalform: Hmm, worth bearing in mind.
Obviously I don't plan on people believing me on words alone. I tried to sum up the experience, but further information could be found on KS. Here a couple of updates with the missing content. You could see both devs words and backers comment and requests.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1294225970/kingdom-come-deliverance/posts/2111190
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1294225970/kingdom-come-deliverance/posts/2119081
There is also the comment section
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1294225970/kingdom-come-deliverance/comments
Many backers requests, both on comment and private didn't get a reply.
I want to point out that a drm-free copy was never promised. However they heavly hinted it. Heres a quote from the FAQ "We get many questions about DRM and whether our game is going to be DRM free. Frankly, we have to admit we are not sure at this moment. We are planning to use Steam on open platforms, so the game will be using Steam default copy protection mechanics. Other options including GOG.com are being considered but can't be confirmed as of yet."
Now, I would understand if the game was not released drm-free, but it was and on release. They want backers to link their steam account, something that is unheard of. I don't think that requesting keys to GOG and delivering them by mail would take this much.
Thanks guys, and I am actually happy about the 2 weeks delay - the reviews helped to make me decide whether to get it on GOG or not as a pre-order.
Finally, despite the well documented bug-fest decided to get it to support both the release of AAA games here as well as the developer. Plus it's one of the few games that is really something special :)
Post edited February 27, 2018 by IFW
Aalda11: Eh....there's MUCH more content than in Hellblade, it's a huge open-world RPG after all.
I wasn't comparing the game content wise but more production wise, as in it's not a full fledged AAA but it's not a usual lower budget "indy" game either.
Paul_cz: Has there been any other AAA game releasing this soon after its debut on GOG other than Witcher 3?
1.) Not sure if I call KC: Deliverance an AAA game

if we do, then I could add:

2.)
All Witcher games (even though W1 and 2 released before gog was online), Pillars of Eternity, Age of Wonders 3, No Man's Sky, many THQ Nordic titles? ...

These are the games I can think of right now.

To the Dying Light discussion: NO, it was not a 1-day release. The base version of DL came out in early 2015, while on gog the "enchanced" edition (including the dlc) came out in March 2016, I believe.
Paul_cz: Has there been any other AAA game releasing this soon after its debut on GOG other than Witcher 3?
GR00T: Is this considered a AAA game?
Lol, AAA is a really vague term, as I'm sure you're aware. To me "AAA" means a multi-million dollar title backed by a big-name publisher. As Gersen suggested, personally I'd consider it a "AA" game like Hellblade, an indie but with (presumably) a big budget.

I'm glad to see the game here. https://www.gog.com/wishlist/games/kingdom_come_deliverance
Post edited February 27, 2018 by tfishell
GR00T: Is this considered a AAA game?
tfishell: Lol, AAA is a really vague term, as I'm sure you're aware. To me "AAA" means a multi-million dollar title backed by a big-name publisher. As Gersen suggested, personally I'd consider it a "AA" game like Hellblade, an indie but with (presumably) a big budget.
Yeah, as I mentioned above, this was my thought on it as well. I was just wondering if it should be considered AAA with respect to the idea that if GOG gets some AAA games here it would help get more of them - and on Day 1. Not sure this game's going to affect that too much though.

That aside, the more I read about these devs and what they promised (and didn't deliver), the more I think I may not be interested in the game at all anyway. At least not until it hits the 5 buck bargain bin.
First review on the GOG page:

"The Dark Souls of the Elder Scrolls games"

>_>

*Looks up a few videos of the game*

So...nothing like Dark Souls. Please stop these stupid comparisons.
RayRay13000: First review on the GOG page:

>_>

OMG.

Well somebody sure is stupid.
RayRay13000: First review on the GOG page:

>_>

Aren't they referring to the difficulty of combat though? As opposed to the looks or game mechanics. But maybe the combat's not that hard either, so, yeah.
tfishell: Lol, AAA is a really vague term, as I'm sure you're aware. To me "AAA" means a multi-million dollar title backed by a big-name publisher. As Gersen suggested, personally I'd consider it a "AA" game like Hellblade, an indie but with (presumably) a big budget.
GR00T: Yeah, as I mentioned above, this was my thought on it as well. I was just wondering if it should be considered AAA with respect to the idea that if GOG gets some AAA games here it would help get more of them - and on Day 1. Not sure this game's going to affect that too much though.
Probably goes without saying, but ultimately how it'll influence "big-name" publishers to bring their AAA games here come down to how well the game sells. It's been pretty high up on the "Popularity" list the past few weeks, but probably similar to Hellblade and other games that were pushed by GOG; those sold well but it's not like that convinced Square Enix to bring their latest titles DRM-free. Maybe it'll reach the "10% of Steam sales" mark, which I guess is like ~50k now.
Post edited February 27, 2018 by tfishell
GR00T: Aren't they referring to the difficulty of combat though?
Honestly just name dropping Dark Souls to describe its difficulty feels horribly lazy, especially when the overall difficulty of the Souls series incredibly exaggerated to the point where it's a meme.
Post edited February 27, 2018 by RayRay13000