It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Your highness...

<span class="bold">Kingdom</span>, a stunningly beautiful and innovative 2D strategy sidescroller, is available now, DRM-free on GOG.com

It's pixel art taken to the next level, and a completely new kind of game. The Kingdom is yours. You must tend to it. Kingdom mixes 2D sidescrolling gameplay with resource management and strategy. With the crown on your head, you are responsible for the well-being, prosperity, and unity of your procedurally-generated domain. And when the darkness comes at night to take everything you have, you'll stand by your men's side until the very end.
And remember the saying:

Wise Rulers know their kingdom will fall,
Brave Rulers do not despair.
Great Rulers know their riches can rule,
And spend every coin with great care.

It looks as beautiful as it sounds - the <span class="bold">Kingdom Original Soundtrack</span> is also available. So lead your <span class="bold">Kingdom</span> towards the next day, DRM-free on GOG.com.
Lemon_Curry: It looks quite similar to a flash game I've played. Unfortunately, I can't remember the title.

I have to give credit where credit is due: Raw Fury really has the legalese down pat (see attachment).
You mean Kingdom? ;-p
Lemon_Curry: I have to give credit where credit is due: Raw Fury really has the legalese down pat (see attachment).
Excellent. :D
stryx: Yes, it's regionally priced, but AFAIK one does get the difference in form of a bonus store credit. So unless that happens to be the last game one is ever going to buy here, I fail to see where the problem is.
Pica-Ludica: Pretty much this. I'm really tired to see people whine about regional pricing on every single new release when GOG offers you store credit with regionally priced games. They don't HAVE to - Steam certainly doesn't - but they do.
To be fair, it's mostly one people :)
Very interesting release. Really intriqued by the Castle Story like gameplay. Wishlisted.
low rated
Zoidberg: I was quite happy seeing this released here... then I saw the regional pricing... :/

Guess it's torrent for me then, at least for now...
HunchBluntley: Or you could, you know, just not play it.
But, I want to... :'(

I also don't want any regional pricing bull... :(

Checked the official site and there's no Humble store widget either from which one could cheat it... too bad, because the let's play I saw of it showed it's my kind of game, lovely pixel art graphics too.
Post edited October 21, 2015 by Zoidberg
low rated
Petrell: Expect to die a lot. For most youtubers game lenght is 1-3 hours before they're overun. Remember bloodmoon zerg rush happens every 5th night and each subsequent one is bigger and badder.
Any idea whether there's a way to win, or do you just keep going until you die?
Makes me think of Shadow of the Unicorn for some reason.
Zoidberg: I was quite happy seeing this released here... then I saw the regional pricing... :/

GOG staff, developpers seriously come to you and ask for these specific pricings?
How do you know they don't?.
I like the art style. Let's wait for some reviews.
low rated

GOG staff, developpers seriously come to you and ask for these specific pricings?
Niggles: How do you know they don't?.
Sorry, I don't understand the question.

Also, it's neat to see a triple platform release. Adds to the injury. :(

Is it really that much of a problem? I'd understand it somewhat if there was no DRM-free version at all, but would you really pirate it just because they expect you to pay 1 or 2 Euro more than whatever the US price is? Worst case you could just wait for a discount instead.

And the whole discussion of regional pricing aside, the European price seems to be around 10 Euro, which doesn't seem bad at all for this kind of game, no?

So, on topic, does anyone know more about the game? Most importantly, is this a "rogue-lite", in the sense that you always start over at zero whenever you lose the game? Or is there any kind of permanent progress, such as upgrades, unlocked items etc.? Because I find the latter to be much more motivating. Kind of like the way it works in Rogue Legacy. And is there any story, as well as a goal to achieve, or do you just play until you meet your inevitable doom?
Post edited October 22, 2015 by CharlesGrey
Petrell: Expect to die a lot. For most youtubers game lenght is 1-3 hours before they're overun. Remember bloodmoon zerg rush happens every 5th night and each subsequent one is bigger and badder.
NotJabba: Any idea whether there's a way to win, or do you just keep going until you die?
Supposibly. Devs have refused to elaborate but said that 3 (iirc) people had beat the game before release. I suppose it's by sending knights on expedition to destroy the portals but it's risky as DGA send 2 knights each accompanied with 3 archers and it caused mass retaliation from the portal and it was daytime. Previous lesser attempts had simply resulted expedition being slaughtered. May be matter of timing or numbers but havent seen anyone succeed yet.

CharlesGrey: So, on topic, does anyone know more about the game? Most importantly, is this a "rogue-lite", in the sense that you always start over at zero whenever you lose the game? Or is there any kind of permanent progress, such as upgrades, unlocked items etc.? Because I find the latter to be much more motivating. Kind of like the way it works in Rogue Legacy. And is there any story, as well as a goal to achieve, or do you just play until you meet your inevitable doom?
I only know what I've seen in videos and read devs say on steam forums but here goes:

winning I already elaborated above but as I said I have neither seen it and devs are tight lipped beyond saying it exists and can be done

No progress between games, always start new game from zero.

One save (on exit), perma death ala roguelikes.

Map is randomly generated but seem to maintain same overal structure with starting postion in central plain with forest containing recruitment camps and portal on both sides (portal, forest with camps, starting plain, forest with camps, portal). Some have mentioned (and there are screenshots) that there are things beyond initial portals and there's an upgrade shrine somewhere that allows stone structures (one report of it spawning beyond intial portals). Trader can spawn inside forest and fills random tool shop to the brim (bows, hammers or hoes) if you pay him (4 coins I think it was so real cheap).
Post edited October 22, 2015 by Petrell
Lemon_Curry: It looks quite similar to a flash game I've played. Unfortunately, I can't remember the title.

I have to give credit where credit is due: Raw Fury really has the legalese down pat (see attachment).
Well spotted :-)
I really like the concept and visual style of this one. :-)
Petrell: I only know what I've seen in videos and read devs say on steam forums but here goes:

winning I already elaborated above but as I said I have neither seen it and devs are tight lipped beyond saying it exists and can be done

No progress between games, always start new game from zero.

One save (on exit), perma death ala roguelikes.
That's unfortunate. I've played some true roguelikes, but those make up for the lack of permanent in-game progress by providing you with dozens of character race/class combinations, and other factors, so each new playthrough feels truly different. I doubt that's the case here, at least not to the same extent. The game still looks interesting, but I think I'll pick it up during a promo, not right now.