It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Your highness...

<span class="bold">Kingdom</span>, a stunningly beautiful and innovative 2D strategy sidescroller, is available now, DRM-free on GOG.com

It's pixel art taken to the next level, and a completely new kind of game. The Kingdom is yours. You must tend to it. Kingdom mixes 2D sidescrolling gameplay with resource management and strategy. With the crown on your head, you are responsible for the well-being, prosperity, and unity of your procedurally-generated domain. And when the darkness comes at night to take everything you have, you'll stand by your men's side until the very end.
And remember the saying:

Wise Rulers know their kingdom will fall,
Brave Rulers do not despair.
Great Rulers know their riches can rule,
And spend every coin with great care.

It looks as beautiful as it sounds - the <span class="bold">Kingdom Original Soundtrack</span> is also available. So lead your <span class="bold">Kingdom</span> towards the next day, DRM-free on GOG.com.
saw the game yesterday on "evening with sips" and hoped it would come to gog.
Yes, it's regionally priced, but AFAIK one does get the difference in form of a bonus store credit. So unless that happens to be the last game one is ever going to buy here, I fail to see where the problem is.
Can't wait for the pointless anti-pixel art posts complaining about it being 2015 and trying to call indie dev's lazy.

There's always at least one.
Looks like one of those things like Don't Starve, where I have fun for the first hour, than realise that in order to stop failing miserably I'd have to spend so much time with it I will be sick with boredom long before I get anywhere. Also, I'm really not a fan of pixelated graphics. So yeah, thanks, but no thanks.
Post edited October 21, 2015 by Breja
stryx: Yes, it's regionally priced, but AFAIK one does get the difference in form of a bonus store credit. So unless that happens to be the last game one is ever going to buy here, I fail to see where the problem is.
Pretty much this. I'm really tired to see people whine about regional pricing on every single new release when GOG offers you store credit with regionally priced games. They don't HAVE to - Steam certainly doesn't - but they do.
EckoShy: Can't wait for the pointless anti-pixel art posts complaining about it being 2015 and trying to call indie dev's lazy.

There's always at least one.
What I really want to know is why everyone this year who jumps into a debate/argument feels the need to reiterate that it's 2015 as though that makes a difference in what people should think. I don't know, maybe it's just a web thing but it typically seems to go like this:

Person 1: "Blah, blah, blah blah, blah, blah, blah..."

Person 2: "Ummm, it's 2015 and..."
Breja: Looks like one of those things like Don't Starve, where I have fun for the first hour, than realise that in order to stop failing miserably I'd have to spend so much time with it I will be sick with boredom long before I get anywhere. Also, I'm really not a fan of pixelated graphics. So yeah, thanks, but no thanks.
As much as I love Don't Starve and FTL, I do get mighty tired of replaying the same steps over and over in an attempt to get a little bit further the next time. If this is another one of those games then I'll probably be in the same boat as you.

Though I do like the pixel art style, looks like Defender of the Crown crossed with Risk of Rain.
Smogg: saw the game yesterday on "evening with sips" and hoped it would come to gog.
Oh lol, I still have to watch that. Going now :D

budejovice: Fuckin' A, Zoidberg, isn't there a forum on a game store without regional pricing that you can post on? The torrent was a new and classy addition to the standard refrain.
The (un)funny thing is that the fapper is always one of the first to post! -_-
Post edited October 21, 2015 by phaolo
Hmm, looks a bit like A Valley without Wind, although the graphics are certainly prettier in Kingdom.
Randomly generated? No thanks. Pass.
jorlin: Hmm, looks a bit like A Valley without Wind, although the graphics are certainly prettier in Kingdom.
Good comparison. I quite liked that game. If this is less permadeath-y and more like AVWW, then I probably will enjoy it.
New developer and new publisher brought on-board. This makes me happy. Keep 'em coming!

Pixel art isn't my favorite thing, but this seems like really well-done pixel art. Thanks for linking a Let's Play. YT is being a little goofy and it keeps crashing, but I appreciate you posting that.
HereForTheBeer: New developer and new publisher brought on-board. This makes me happy. Keep 'em coming!

Pixel art isn't my favorite thing, but this seems like really well-done pixel art. Thanks for linking a Let's Play. YT is being a little goofy and it keeps crashing, but I appreciate you posting that.
You're welcome .
HereForTheBeer: but this seems like really well-done pixel art.
That's because it's stunning and next level.
jorlin: Hmm, looks a bit like A Valley without Wind, although the graphics are certainly prettier in Kingdom.
IAmSinistar: Good comparison. I quite liked that game. If this is less permadeath-y and more like AVWW, then I probably will enjoy it.
Expect to die a lot. For most youtubers game lenght is 1-3 hours before they're overun. Remember bloodmoon zerg rush happens every 5th night and each subsequent one is bigger and badder.
It looks quite similar to a flash game I've played. Unfortunately, I can't remember the title.

I have to give credit where credit is due: Raw Fury really has the legalese down pat (see attachment).
Attachments:
booyah!.jpg (97 Kb)