It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Your highness...

<span class="bold">Kingdom</span>, a stunningly beautiful and innovative 2D strategy sidescroller, is available now, DRM-free on GOG.com

It's pixel art taken to the next level, and a completely new kind of game. The Kingdom is yours. You must tend to it. Kingdom mixes 2D sidescrolling gameplay with resource management and strategy. With the crown on your head, you are responsible for the well-being, prosperity, and unity of your procedurally-generated domain. And when the darkness comes at night to take everything you have, you'll stand by your men's side until the very end.
And remember the saying:

Wise Rulers know their kingdom will fall,
Brave Rulers do not despair.
Great Rulers know their riches can rule,
And spend every coin with great care.

It looks as beautiful as it sounds - the <span class="bold">Kingdom Original Soundtrack</span> is also available. So lead your <span class="bold">Kingdom</span> towards the next day, DRM-free on GOG.com.
budejovice: Glad you grabbed the screenshot! Now fixed. :(
Indeed... *sigh*
I've added it to the collection.

Oh GOG, you're no fun anymore...
After watching the twitch stream on this game it looked pretty interesting and fun, so on impulse I bought it at the intro price. Played for a couple of hours and enjoyed it, the graphics were nice, not stunning or anything but combined with an immersive soundtrack it made for a great experience. Game mechanics are not explained at all, you have to fumble around, die alot figure it out for yourself, look up others tips etc and just try to stay alive. It is frustrating when you make it many days but are stumped as to what to do next and die in stupid attrition as you fumble along and have to start over. But I guess that is part of the game play.

My only recommendation is this, if you dont generally like rogue like games, this one is still enchanting enough to offer some entertainment for a few hours, so buy on deep sale sometime. I regret paying as much as I did for the game as it got redundant and boring after a few hours and I doubt I'll play it again.
Djaron: wow... sale tax/vat sounds rather complicated out there.

here in my country, you jut got your face punched for +20.6% of the initial price (that hurts enough already)
so when i see that gog/any store geolocalized price for me is above base us price + 20.6% i just get pissed off (and usuallly allow myself to rant out loud against the greedy publisher)
Luned: I understand your VAT outrage. :) But what I'm pointing out is that for devs who are US-based, or can run through a US subsidiary, they're making extra profit at the US price because they don't have to pay VAT on their end.

If my understanding is correct, a French dev would have to pay the French govt that 20.6% VAT on what they receive from their sales to GOG. If the dev has a US subsidiary, they can contract to GOG through that subsidiary, claim wholesale, and not pay US sales tax, much less French VAT. Even allowing for US corporate taxes, the devs could set a lower US price and still make as much or more profit. I'd dearly love to know what the respective profit margins are in these cases, because I think it's entirely possible that at least some developers are making more money per sale off US customers, in which case you can argue that we're the ones overpaying. :)
ahem not exactly. in france, VAT is upon final buyer (aka the consumer)... every other person in the whole chain works with AT-free prices.

miller provides floor vat-free to baker, baker change it into bread and sell it to, lets say, a mart, vat free... the mart adds the vat for end-of-chain consumer. but regarding taxes, accounting and saw, the bread was without vat for even the mart (dunno if i'm clear, sorry)

means a french dev is a provider of some sort of somehow finished goods (well, except ubisoft, which releases beta/alpha as gold status) and dev's publishers buy it from them vat-free. it would sell it to gog vat-free (if gog was end reseller, in france) then i would buy it with added vat from gog.
i dunno how it works exactly if gog doesnt have a fiscal frontend in france/eu then, and as it is digital goods there is no customs import fee or similar.

hope i didnt mess things up more :)

(but, then, knowing VAT is a one sided end consumer burden to consider, you sure can understand my bitterness)
Jesse Cox played this for Fan Friday and it looked strangely captivating.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXcTGnXFUtQ
Reever: What are people so annoyed about other people complaining about regional pricing?! The point isn't that GOG gives us store credit, the point is that us buying regionally priced games will only encourage the practice.

GOG has established that in order for more games with DRM to come in they'd have to give in to the practice, but that doesn't make it alright. So stop being assholes and let people complain when they want to complain.

It's better than that one dude always saying "I got this shit on steam not buying lulz".
If you knew anything about basic economics, you'd understand why regional pricing exists. Everything you buy has regional pricing, from cars, to clothes, to movies, to food, to games. Why do you feel entitled to an artificially low price? GOG is already losing money by giving you store credit (so you're not paying the price you should be) and even then, it's still not enough for you. I don't think you'll be happy unless GOG decides to put themselves out of business by giving everything away for free....but then you'd STILL complain because GOG would go out of business and you'd no longer get free games.
Totenglocke:
Have you considered those of us that live in countries (UK hre as an example) but actually earn far LESS than the average wage in other countries?

Regional prices dont take those into account - nor the other categories that might put someone below the "earner line" that regional pricing is based upon.

Something for you to chew over while you sip your economics perhaps. I'm not havig a go - its both a genuine question and food for thought - for everybody.
I've won in 38 game days.