It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Experiment and have fun in the ultimate playground as Agent 47 to become the master assassin. HITMAN - Game of The Year Edition is now available on GOG.COM with an astounding 70% discount that will last until 29th September 2021, 1 PM UTC.

Get ready for even more challenges! All games from the Hitman series available on GOG.COM receive 75% discounts lasting also until 29th September 2021, 1 PM UTC:

Share our love for games? Subscribe to our newsletter for news, releases, and exclusive discounts. Visit the “Privacy & settings” section of your GOG account to join now!
high rated
Dear Community,

Thank you for your patience and for giving us the time to investigate the release of HITMAN GOTY on GOG. As promised, we’re getting back to you with updates.

We're still in dialogue with IO Interactive about this release. Today we have removed HITMAN GOTY from GOG’s catalog – we shouldn’t have released it in its current form, as you’ve pointed out.

We’d like to apologise for the confusion and anger generated by this situation. We’ve let you down and we’d like to thank you for bringing this topic to us – while it was honest to the bone, it shows how passionate you are towards GOG.

We appreciate your feedback and will continue our efforts to improve our communication with you.
Post edited October 08, 2021 by chandra
high rated
I just wanted to say that I hope "Cd Projekt" thinks that this and cyberpunk was worth it because they lost all their rep
high rated
Now we are at 200 negative review 13 positive review... Not even the Verified users are mainly positive (only 8 positive review and 12 negative review).
The most helpfull review (a 1 star review with the title "Online DRM" by Cube1701 with 55 games and only this review) got 1202 vote, 1147 found it helpfull, only 55 people think this game got no drm.
And of course the game it's already not the bestseller anymore (many refund I guess, still not sure how they really count "bestselling games" since only 55 people out of 1202 think this game got no drm... I guess 55 sales are many for gog and most people that boycot gog will not buy anything else).

Many (so many) review say that they would bought the game if it was really drm-free (I'm one of them, I was about to buy the game when I got the mail, I saw the review and stopped myself).

So many people here are against drm in the release forum it's almost insane how many people are really drm-free lovers! I'm so glad the gog community (or better, the drm-free community) is still alive (too bad gog is dead).

I don't really think out there people that actually are regular gog customers (not just steam customers that buy one or two games here) are pro drm. I think we are the main gog base customers and without us gog will need to go back to the origins or die.

I'm glad we are fighting together for a better gaming world. DRM is not what loyal customers that pay for every game deserve, we need to fight back or they will go on and on until drm is everywhere and there is no alternative.

Continue to fight! We are so many they got no alternative!
Don't buy games here anymore, at least until they fix this (I don't think I will buy here even if they fix this problem... not for while at least, this is not a minor problem and I don't think it's right to just forget about it if they fix it after too much time (they could remove the game on Friday, but it's still on sale!)).

They will not force DRM on us! We make gog great, we can make it little again.
They cannot stop us!
high rated
MarkoH01: Hey. That is a GREAT idea. I would LOVE to have a healthy CONTACT with GOG. Now please tell me the secret how I could go into a dialogue who absolutely refuses to talk with me because of the past?
Yeshu: For starters, drop the smart ass behaviour and approach the situation like an adult.
.. he said to the 51 year old guy.

Yeshu: Second, start using official channels first to establish a communication line (most people just send a ticket and sit on there butt waiting), after that try direct forms of communication like phone calls and company e-mails.
Do you want to count the tickets I have already created for GOG. I once tried to tell them how many of them are still open FOR MONTHS or even YEARS. You said something about not being a smartass - I guess I know GOG a little bit better than you but think what you want.

Yeshu: Do not give up after the first few tries, do not become a rage dispenser and avoid using insults as your primary method of presenting your argument.
Everybody who knows me (so obviously not you) is well aware that I usually never give up - but again, think what you want. It is wrong, but if you feel better this way I won't keep you from feeling better, smarter or whatever you want to feel.
high rated
chandra: [...]
we will not tolerate review bombing [...]
Ja pierdole... CDP group doing more stupid things, what a surprise!
What you do right now is the worst move I can imagine after I saw this game getting some hate on your platform, a few days ago. How come that some people said at the Release of Witcher 3 that you had one of the best PR teams in the video game world and now you do stupid move after stupid move, just like this one ?!

Review bombing is bad if and only if people come to a platform and give it a bad score, because of reasons that do not have anything to do with the game, for example political reasons.

How on EARTH can you think that reviews like "1/5 stars: DRM game in a drm-free store" should be deleted and can be labeled as "review bombing"- reviews? Hello? This is literally a very valid point since you label yourself STILL as a drm-game store, but this "AAA game" that you just put in your store, more expensive than on other stores?!, needs a permanent internet connection, so players/customers can actually use most of the core features!

Shocked once again, as a ex-cdp fan, an ex-cdp investor, gamer and person who does not like to get lied to in the face all the time.
high rated
LiefLayer: To be fair I updated the pc gaming wiki page. It was almost the same as the warning on gog before I updated it with more info.
But pcgaming wiki still lists that Elusive Targets are accessible with internet connection. Maybe it should be added that those aren't available anymore at all and on all platforms?
low rated
MysterD: The game should just work, once I have the game-files and installed the game. THE END. PERIOD.

So, this includes all single-player content - content that I can play all by myself and NOT need any other players to work with to progress in the game.

Yes, this also includes ALL DLC's and Expansions that have single-player offline content.
First off: well said(the entire post)

As to this bit i've quoted: what about games like Dead Space 3?
(In that game, you need to play with someone else to access a few optional areas in the SP campaign, and i'm guessing it might be a pain for the makers to re-jig those areas to work for people playing them alone)

--

On a related note and TO ALL: Dead Space 3 might not be able to ever come here without (somewhat justified, imo) criticism, as it has the aforementioned "co-op locked" optional SP areas.
Post edited September 26, 2021 by GamezRanker
high rated
Lifthrasil:
mrkgnao: Congratulations. You're famous.
Nice. The more attention is brought to GOG abandoning to be a DRM-free store, the better.
MarkoH01: But pcgaming wiki still lists that Elusive Targets are accessible with internet connection. Maybe it should be added that those aren't available anymore at all and on all platforms?
it was edited again while I was not watching.. LOL
I just updated it with a little more info.
Since everybody can update it, of course even not so smart people can write not so smart things there.
low rated
Starsmine: IOI very well could have informed the gog representative that the single player game is playable without drm, which is true, failing to mention that online is required for parts outside of well... online game modes.
So are you suggesting GOG might be incompetent then? Because they TEST every game before releasing it.....so they'd have noticed the DRM/online connection requirements when testing.

They knew the requirements were in this version of the game, and released it anyways.....while essentially calling it DRM free.....and yet you complain about others possibly spreading misinformation.
The only thing, I'll say to this is that GOG will sit that out, as usual and proceed to business as usual as the shitstorm has calmed down and nothing has changed.

They knew full well that IO Interactive will not provide an offline version of the online content, as the game is interwoven heavily with their services / services and is not an financially viable task to offer such thing. Also, the scene would provide for the non-GOG versions a new release which would include this and this would ruin their DRM scheme.
low rated
wolfsite: 3 /5 verified owners rating
Lol, I can't even find the words.
high rated
SOURCE_OF_TRUTH: I would much prefer it if this situation here was discussed in a more civil way.

But degrading support staff and everyone else is not helping.
Obviously, this is the internet and it is full of hate but that is simply not productive and not helpful.

The people reading these forums and posting replies were certainly not involved in the decision to release this on GoG. They do not deserve your hate.

Releasing this game is was a mistake but mistakes happen and can be rectified.
I would immediately purchase this game if the offline experience was a proper one.
I completely agree when it comes to trying to discuss things in a civil way without any hatred and yes, the staff from GOG who replied here probably never was part of the decision GOG made.

However you can't deny that what Chandra posted was as bad of PR as it could be. Many people were complaining. The first thing you do in such a situation is to apologize that this happened in the first place. The second thing is that you try to calm things down and tell your angry customers that you will try to find a solution ASAP. The third thing you do is to offer refunds in case the waiting time might get too long for anyone.

Chandra posted the refund thing and that's all right - then she indirectly attacked those customers who wrote bad reviews which might have been against their review policy ... that was a big mistake and the perfectly wrong timing. So the only question that's left regarding the staff reaction is if this was Chandra's work alone or if Chandra just posted what others told her to post ... if it is the latter the staff that posted here would be completely innocent in acting poorly since they only followed orders ... but since all we can just react to what they do post it was expected that they would get the backlash of this post so - it is part of the job description.

So what we can agree to (I guess).
- Hitman doe snot belong here in this state.
- The post written under the name Chandra is really bad PR and did not help much (whoever created its content)

coffeecup: The only thing, I'll say to this is that GOG will sit that out, as usual and proceed to business as usual as the shitstorm has calmed down and nothing has changed.
I don't think so. If the past is any indicator GOG actually acted when the situation was mentioned in magazines and social media. They probably want those magazines to post that they satisfied their customers in the end as well. Imo GOG need to find one solution - sitting this out won't work this time, but of course that's just my opinion.
Post edited September 26, 2021 by MarkoH01
high rated
MarkoH01: - The post written under the name Chandra is really bad PR and did not help much (whoever created its content)
I would cut Chandra some slack. She's a low-level representative. It is thankless work to have to face an irate customer base without holding any decisional power.

If you want to throw tomatoes, aim higher up.
Post edited September 26, 2021 by Magnitus
high rated
MarkoH01: - The post written under the name Chandra is really bad PR and did not help much (whoever created its content)
Magnitus: I would cut Chandra some slack. She's a low-level representative. It is thankless work to have to face an irate customer base without holding any decisional power.

If you want to throw tomatoes, aim higher up.
I did

"So the only question that's left regarding the staff reaction is if this was Chandra's work alone or if Chandra just posted what others told her to post ... if it is the latter the staff that posted here would be completely innocent in acting poorly since they only followed orders "
low rated
MysterD: Looks like Eurogamer has picked-up on the whole Hitman 1: GOTY - GOG Version saga:
https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2021-09-25-hitman-gog-release-sparks-drm-row-review-bombing-accusation
I was pleasantly surprised....this article isn't too badly written and a number of the comments seem to be siding with DRM free

====

This article, though, seemed to be pulling it's punches a bit....I wonder why.
(can't be because they're a "GOG affiliate", now can it?)