It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Experiment and have fun in the ultimate playground as Agent 47 to become the master assassin. HITMAN - Game of The Year Edition is now available on GOG.COM with an astounding 70% discount that will last until 29th September 2021, 1 PM UTC.

Get ready for even more challenges! All games from the Hitman series available on GOG.COM receive 75% discounts lasting also until 29th September 2021, 1 PM UTC:

Share our love for games? Subscribe to our newsletter for news, releases, and exclusive discounts. Visit the “Privacy & settings” section of your GOG account to join now!
high rated
Dear Community,

Thank you for your patience and for giving us the time to investigate the release of HITMAN GOTY on GOG. As promised, we’re getting back to you with updates.

We're still in dialogue with IO Interactive about this release. Today we have removed HITMAN GOTY from GOG’s catalog – we shouldn’t have released it in its current form, as you’ve pointed out.

We’d like to apologise for the confusion and anger generated by this situation. We’ve let you down and we’d like to thank you for bringing this topic to us – while it was honest to the bone, it shows how passionate you are towards GOG.

We appreciate your feedback and will continue our efforts to improve our communication with you.
Post edited October 08, 2021 by chandra
mdqp: Is this version without the online requirement for the unlocks? I'd really like to buy this, but I need to know that first.
Yeah, my concern too. As long as it's not gimped, I'm interested.
I'm curious to see if this includes the previously online-only missions.

Does this include the "Elusive Targets" missions, where you only have a limited amount of time to complete before it goes away?
Post edited September 22, 2021 by ryuken3k
low rated
Story and bonus missions can be played offline :) For Escalation missions, Elusive Targets or user-created Contracts you will need an online connection.
high rated
SmollestLight: Story and bonus missions can be played offline :) For Escalation missions, Elusive Targets or user-created Contracts you will need an online connection.
What about weapon unlocks? I've read that many weapons were locked behind online progression along with some starting points.
Post edited September 22, 2021 by wolfsite
my name is supyreor catte: Yeah, my concern too. As long as it's not gimped, I'm interested.
I know, right? I mean, I already own the game (got it in a humble bundle a while ago, and I think it's a pretty fun game). While I am not a DRM-free purist, I vastly prefer buying my games on GOG because it's something very important to me.

The online requirements for the game were bullshit already on Steam (completely unjustified, as well as actually kind of important for replayability), and would kill my interest to own a copy here.
low rated
SmollestLight: Story and bonus missions can be played offline :) For Escalation missions, Elusive Targets or user-created Contracts you will need an online connection.
wolfsite: What about weapon unlocks? I've read that many weapons were locked behind online progression along with some starting points.
A good chunk of them are from memory, I think the same for Hitman 2. I reviewed the titles when they came out and recall one of the negatives being something similar to this point but who knows about the DRM-free(ish?) version
high rated
wolfsite: What about weapon unlocks? I've read that many weapons were locked behind online progression along with some starting points.
Unlocks for new starting points, disguises and equipment/weapons when replaying maps are behind an online system on Steam, and it's the only reason I am hesitating until we get confirmation. I understand other online features where the requirement makes sense, but I hope this one got "fixed" for the GOG release.
high rated
WTF! And you at GOG accepted this bs?! Utterly disappointing.
high rated
This needs an answer before I make a purchase, I'd wager many others feel the same way.
high rated
The DRM-free notice for this game needs to be removed.
high rated
XyleDaylight: The DRM-free notice for this game needs to be removed.
Agreed. It's misleading to the point of false advertising to say this is 'DRM-free and doesn't require an online connection' when progression is locked behind an online connection.
Post edited September 22, 2021 by hr135141
high rated
So you are openly admitting to false advertisement? Because more than half the content of this game is locked behind an always-online requirement.

Who the hell approved this game for release on GOG? That's some great "curation" policy you guys have.
Attachments:
wolfsite: Feral Interactive is notorious for not supporting DRM-free, none of there Linux ports have shown up on GOG.
I know that, my point is that other games ported by them (Deus Ex: Maknind Divided, Life is Strange, Mad Max, Tomb Raider, XCOM 2) don't have them mentioned on GOG's page unlike Hitman which made me curious.

I see they already removed Mac requirements so it was probably just mistake by person who copy pasted it blindly.
Post edited September 22, 2021 by ssling
high rated
If I remember right (it has been quite some time since I played this on Steam), the game contains weapons, etc. that are only accessible for you, if you are online.
(even when playing SP only)

If that isn't patched out of this version, I see no point in purchasing the GOG-version, sorry.
Especially, since I believe (I would have to check to be sure), that the price asked for here, is higher than the price I paid over on Steam.
Thank you for that, The Escalation, Elusive Targets and User-created contracts I am not too worried about. My concern is the progression unlocks. The game has always been "playable" offline but unlocks wouldnt save/work unless the single player content had a constant internet connection. Does the GOG version fix this?

Thanks again!
Post edited September 22, 2021 by Jigowatts121