It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Experiment and have fun in the ultimate playground as Agent 47 to become the master assassin. HITMAN - Game of The Year Edition is now available on GOG.COM with an astounding 70% discount that will last until 29th September 2021, 1 PM UTC.

Get ready for even more challenges! All games from the Hitman series available on GOG.COM receive 75% discounts lasting also until 29th September 2021, 1 PM UTC:

Share our love for games? Subscribe to our newsletter for news, releases, and exclusive discounts. Visit the “Privacy & settings” section of your GOG account to join now!
high rated
Dear Community,

Thank you for your patience and for giving us the time to investigate the release of HITMAN GOTY on GOG. As promised, we’re getting back to you with updates.

We're still in dialogue with IO Interactive about this release. Today we have removed HITMAN GOTY from GOG’s catalog – we shouldn’t have released it in its current form, as you’ve pointed out.

We’d like to apologise for the confusion and anger generated by this situation. We’ve let you down and we’d like to thank you for bringing this topic to us – while it was honest to the bone, it shows how passionate you are towards GOG.

We appreciate your feedback and will continue our efforts to improve our communication with you.
Post edited October 08, 2021 by chandra
high rated
emme: Got the game open while offline, and this seems to indicate that sadly, yes... ALL the progression (challenges/mastery and inventory) is limited to online only.

This is beyond disappointing.
Thanks for letting us know!
high rated
emme: Got the game open while offline, and this seems to indicate that sadly, yes... ALL the progression (challenges/mastery and inventory) is limited to online only.

Damn. That is a solid confirmation that even inventory and game progression requires an internet connection.
Unless GOG fixes this, the game should be removed from the store.
The game is great, imo the best IO produced since Silent Assassin... but yes, I have to concur with the reservations about online features.

That, and the fact that playing this in Hitman 2 as a single game is an objectively superior experience, most issues were hammered out.

Edit: anyway, nobody believes in CDP's lies anymore. Right? I surely don't. I wouldn't trust a corporation as far as I can throw it, and fact is, I *cannot* throw it as it is just a ficticious entity to circumvent personal resposnibilities.
Post edited September 22, 2021 by Red Fury
high rated

Then this game isn't DRM-free in any meaningful sense.
high rated

Thanks, not DRM-free, no purchase. GOG should consider changing the tag-line: DRM-FREE No activation or online connection required to play to DRM: Online connection required to enjoy full content of this game.
low rated
Honestly it's a shame they've couldn't have just started with some edition of Hitman 2 with all the content. My complaint isn't really with the online requirements, I really don't care except for the locked weapons...the second and third games were just vastly better, plus you can get the previous games' content in later editions.
Post edited September 22, 2021 by Cologno
high rated
Disappointed that GOG let this release though, but am glad the community is picking up the slack, especially in the review section of the game.

You keep your drm and I'll keep my money, thank you very much.
high rated
I was surprised to see this released here. Not so anymore after checking the state of the game; now I am just sad. Not wishlisting, not buying.

I guess my guess that CDP Group is trying to offload GOG to someone like Microsoft might be true. DISCLAIMER: Pure speculation on my part.
Post edited September 22, 2021 by Themken
Just noticed that the limitation actually is disclosed in fine print under "System requirements":

"Please note: Internet connection is required to access Escalation missions, Elusive Targets or user-created Contracts. Story and bonus missions can be played offline."

Still a step down from the more prominently placed disclaimer on top of the page.
high rated
Let's try and get a positive outcome from this mess. Petition IO to fix the GOG version rather than remove it. Send them messages so they know we do want the game here, just not like this.
At the current price I can easily wait, especially as we need confirmations about what is and isn't DRM-Free.
It isn't gevil.com yet, right?
Attachments:
5c7lwq.jpg (16 Kb)
high rated

Sheershaw: Then this game isn't DRM-free in any meaningful sense.
I'm sure GOG knows it.

They are probably just waiting to see how many people who promised to leave GOG when they release their first non-DRM-free game will actually leave. My guess is very few, if any.

If those people just decide not to buy this game, but continue buying other games, then GOG lost nothing by adding this game to the catalogue.

For those who still care:
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/boycotting_gog_2021
Post edited September 22, 2021 by mrkgnao
high rated
Swedrami: Just noticed that the limitation actually is disclosed in fine print under "System requirements":

"Please note: Internet connection is required to access Escalation missions, Elusive Targets or user-created Contracts. Story and bonus missions can be played offline."

Still a step down from the more prominently placed disclaimer on top of the page.
Yeah but unlocked weapons and starting positions on the map? Not mentioned anywhere.
high rated
my name is supyreor catte: Let's try and get a positive outcome from this mess. Petition IO to fix the GOG version rather than remove it. Send them messages so they know we do want the game here, just not like this.
I have to agree. I'd be inclined to pick it up later, but GOG really forked this one up and they will hopefully do what they can to fix it as they have done before with some other games. Looks like they're going to have to give the publisher a call. This site is supposed to be about DRM-Free games and while most of them are, there are a few that aren't, but people have mostly let that go. However, with this one it's a bit different.