It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Experiment and have fun in the ultimate playground as Agent 47 to become the master assassin. HITMAN - Game of The Year Edition is now available on GOG.COM with an astounding 70% discount that will last until 29th September 2021, 1 PM UTC.

Get ready for even more challenges! All games from the Hitman series available on GOG.COM receive 75% discounts lasting also until 29th September 2021, 1 PM UTC:

Share our love for games? Subscribe to our newsletter for news, releases, and exclusive discounts. Visit the “Privacy & settings” section of your GOG account to join now!
high rated
Dear Community,

Thank you for your patience and for giving us the time to investigate the release of HITMAN GOTY on GOG. As promised, we’re getting back to you with updates.

We're still in dialogue with IO Interactive about this release. Today we have removed HITMAN GOTY from GOG’s catalog – we shouldn’t have released it in its current form, as you’ve pointed out.

We’d like to apologise for the confusion and anger generated by this situation. We’ve let you down and we’d like to thank you for bringing this topic to us – while it was honest to the bone, it shows how passionate you are towards GOG.

We appreciate your feedback and will continue our efforts to improve our communication with you.
Post edited October 08, 2021 by chandra
high rated
Is this version without the online requirement for the unlocks? I'd really like to buy this, but I need to know that first.
low rated
yeah buddy
high rated
Feral Interactive is listed as developer/publisher but no Linux and Mac versions available. Even supported Apple devices are listed under system requirements.
Post edited September 22, 2021 by ssling
Why would I buy something that was given away on EGS for free?

Easy answer, because... DRM

Bought and playing in brief!
high rated
I would also like to know if unlockables work offline with this release. That's why I never really played the Steam version before this.
low rated
Very nice!

Wishlisted for now.
mdqp: Is this version without the online requirement for the unlocks? I'd really like to buy this, but I need to know that first.
Would like to know this as well.

Edit: Sure is pricey for a 2016 game.
Post edited September 22, 2021 by NuffCatnip
high rated
The studio behind these games is, imo, the worst offender for DRM and online practices ever in video games. Their DRM violations are worse than any 3rd party account/launcher or license check. They quite literally bind core aspects of the game like weapon unlocks and player stats to their online servers.

Perhaps this game has it removed but their later versions do not and now they're even taking the Epic Sweeney bribes. They are despicable. So unless they release all their games without DRM, fully functioning offline, then I'd advise against giving these swindlers a single red cent.

Also top job not putting the Linux version out. Another complete blunder on the studio and GOG's part.
While I think the price is a tad high I am willing to pay for the sake of DRM free. Your getting alot of game for £15.

If GOG could clarify the unlocks I'd buy this in a heartbeat.
This is a surprise considering how online dependent the game is, any changes in that department?

There is little reason to play this version of HITMAN1 considering you can play all the missions in HITMAN1 in HITMAN2 (improved and with new features) and consequently HITMAN3 without the need to download the previous games, just ownership is enough.

As someone who already owns the games on steam (H1&H2), I'll be purchasing to show my support for IOI and GOG but wont be playing it. I am waiting for H3 to appear on steam but now I am hopeful it will appear on GOG same time as steam.

Please IOI, if you are reading this, bring HITMAN 2 and 3 (when Epic Exclusivity ends) so we can have the full trilogy complete here.
Yeah, I'd also like to hear a bit more about the ins and outs of this version. I played this game on Steam during a free weekend and my memories are a bit foggy, but IIRC it had crazy amounts of stuff you needed to be online for. Would really like to hear more detail about that.
:D

One ticket to Sapienza, please.

(I hope the online reqs for the unlockables have been stripped)
low rated
Surprise... with such delay - not at all!
Post edited September 23, 2021 by LifeLover
high rated
No Tux - No Bucks!