It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Come in Detective, we need you!

The time has come for you to take on a critical assignment in the dark Warsaw City of the future. The case will take place at the end of the 22nd century when a hostile and unfriendly environment forced people to live in caged cities and practice virtual worlds escapism.

That’s where most of your work will happen. You will crack the most difficult crime cases while visiting virtual worlds such as the grim town of sin, wild west farms, medieval kingdom, to name just a few. The people you will meet, the actions you will take will heavily impact the course and outcome of your investigations.

So, don’t hesitate and take the chance to immerse yourself in an adaptive, cyberpunk, isometric RPG! Gamedec is now available on GOG.COM with a 10% discount that will last until 23rd September 2021, 4 PM UTC.

Want to jump straight into solving cases? That’s great because the creators of Gamedec have prepared some special training materials for you containing all the necessary information to become a qualified game detective of the future. So put on your trench coat and get started. Warsaw City is waiting for you!

Share our love for games? Subscribe to our newsletter for news, releases, and exclusive discounts. Visit the “Privacy & settings” section of your GOG account to join now!
Interesting. Looks like Shadowrun minus the combat.

Wishlisted.
SCAgent: The pre-order Skin which should be available for backers also ain't in the game, I contacted the devs and said they are looking into it, i also told them about the free guidebook.
yes same here about that pre-order skin.
low rated
Crosmando: Wait, this game doesn't even have combat?! LOL
tremere110: Neither does Disco Elysium and that was a mighty fine game.
RPGs have combat, that's just how it is. You look at pretty much every tabletop RPG, it has combat. You look at pretty much every RPG video game, it has combat. To me, this game and Disco Elysium are more like adventure games.

Now I know some sophists on GOG are bound to reply to this post with "Well ACTUALLY combat isn't TECHNICALLY required for a role-playing game", well duh no shit, but combat has been an integral part of RPGs since forever so it may as well be.
Post edited September 17, 2021 by Crosmando
tremere110: Neither does Disco Elysium and that was a mighty fine game.
Crosmando: RPGs have combat, that's just how it is. You look at pretty much every tabletop RPG, it has combat. You look at pretty much every RPG video game, it has combat. To me, this game and Disco Elysium are more like adventure games.

Now I know some sophists on GOG are bound to reply to this post with "Well ACTUALLY combat isn't TECHNICALLY required for a role-playing game", well duh no shit, but combat has been an integral part of RPGs since forever so it may as well be.
Just because something is very common does not mean it's necessary or required.

Sure, a shooter without the shooting or a beat-em-up that doesn't let you beat anyone up kind of contradicts the genre title so such a game should probably not be marked with that genre. But a role-playng game without fighting? Yeah, I could see it being rather annoying if you want to role-play a fighter. There are also a butt-load of role-playing games where fighting is required and I cannot role-play a pacifist while still progressing in the game.

I mean, this post is a long way of saying "well actchually it'th not technically required..." which you already answered with your opinion that it *should* be there regardless, so it's a bit pointless. Just wanted to throw my entry into the hat as well.

Looks like an awesome game. Wish it was Linux-native, but maybe I can get it to run under Wine?
Post edited September 17, 2021 by Maighstir
high rated
gogtrial34987: Congratulations to the developers for getting this out. Looks amazing.
I know that a year ago there were no plans for a Linux version. Any chance that has changed?

(If not, I guess I'll wait for platinum winehq ratings in combination with big discounts...)
Nothing has changed, sorry.

Crosmando: Wait, this game doesn't even have combat?! LOL
That's the point of being a detective - rushing guns blazing is not the way we want to solve our cases ;)
high rated
As some of you already saw, the Guidebook is now available :)

I can't wait to play Gamedec today! I have been really excited since I saw the branching narrative trailer.
SmollestLight: As some of you already saw, the Guidebook is now available :)

I can't wait to play Gamedec today! I have been really excited since I saw the branching narrative trailer.
My Kickstarter copy still doesn't appear as 'owned' here, so I can't pick up DLC.
zeffyr: My Kickstarter copy still doesn't appear as 'owned' here, so I can't pick up DLC.
My copy is from kickstarter as well, its not showed "owned" either and had no problems buying the dlc.

TrueMatt:
Hello mat, really enjoying the game, please send my thanks to the whole team, just don't forget about the pre-order skin for us kickstarter backers.
Thanks!
Post edited September 17, 2021 by SCAgent
Looks really interesting. Now awaiting:
a) some reviews,
b) reports from people using Linux.
SmollestLight: The issue has been solved and you can now download the game. Sorry for the delay! Enjoy being a Gamedec I will see you in the virtual world :D

As for the guidebook I will check it tomorrow as it is late here already :)
WELL, the issue with the guidebook is solved, but now another issue appeared.
Yesterday i was able to download the pre-order Content without issues.
But today the preorder downloads (Skin, Artbook, Soundtrack) are gone from the
Offline Installer Window.
Now i only have the Game files and the guidebook in the offline installer window.
Something seems to be wrong there.
Godfather101: But today the preorder downloads (Skin, Artbook, Soundtrack) are gone from the
Good find - it's the same for me. Also, when I go to the store, the artbook and soundtrack aren't tagged as 'in library' anymore.

EDIT: When I configure my installation via GOG Galaxy, it also doesn't show the skin as installed anymore.
Post edited September 17, 2021 by Exsurgent
Godfather101: But today the preorder downloads (Skin, Artbook, Soundtrack) are gone from the
Now i only have the Game files and the guidebook in the offline installer window.
Something seems to be wrong there.
Lucky you! I never had the pre-order Content in my Library!
Lol, now Galaxy failed to update Gamedec and it says "Updated failed (E6) You don't own a valid copy of this game".
^^
Gets weirder and weirder.
Post edited September 17, 2021 by Godfather101
SmollestLight: As some of you already saw, the Guidebook is now available :)

Add me to the "pre-order content now missing/valid copy not owned" pile, most upset!
Post edited September 18, 2021 by Matchstickman
Same here. The preorder content was available but then disappeared yesterday, only the guidebook is visible now. I opened a ticket at gog, let's see.. .