It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Eliminating the impossible, embracing the improbable

Four Sherlock Holmes games, chronicling the point'n'click exploits of the brilliant consulting detective, are available now, DRM-free on GOG.com, with a 60% launch discount if purchased individually or 80% as part of the <span class="bold">221b Baker Street</span> bundle.

The somber sound of a deftly played violin spills in from the adjacent room. Sherlock must be in a mood again. The good doctor takes another look at the notebook where he keeps records of his dear friend's most spectacular adventures. Hmm, which one should he write about in an attempt to lift his spirits?

Maybe about <span class="bold">The Awakened</span>. This is where they faced a sinister cult worshiping terrible gods and had to unravel a downward spiral of senseless brutality and madness. The recollection still gives Watson shivers.

What about that time when the ultimate puzzle-solver met his <span class="bold">Nemesis</span>, as he engaged in a mental duel with the legendary gentleman thief Arsene Lupin?

Perhaps he can write about how they chased the infamous <span class="bold">Jack the Ripper</span> through the seedy Whitechapel district, while painstakingly examining those horrible murder scenes.

He is somewhat reluctant to recount <span class="bold">The Testament of Sherlock Holmes</span>. A thrilling case to be sure, but also one that revealed his companion's darker side, as he was fighting to clear his name of some truly vile accusations.

This is harder than he thought. See, they are all so chock-full of suspense, brilliant brain teasers, fateful encounters, and picturesque locales. Perhaps it's time to consult the charismatic man in the other room. After all, this is how they managed to tackle all those challenges in the first place: as a team.

Exercise your crime-solving skills in four adventures featuring the legendary Sherlock Holmes, DRM-free on GOG.com. The 60/80% discounts for <span class="bold">221b Baker Street</span> will last for the duration of the Bundleopolis Sale.
Instabought! Very nice releases indeed...
Woo Hoo! Great release, great bundle, and a great discount! Well done all around! And hopefully the couple ones missing will be here soon.
This is one of the weirdest compatibility notes I've seen on any gamecard here, and it's on each of these four new games' store pages (I took this, obviously, from Testament's product page):
Please Note: The use of special symbols and non-standard characters in your Windows username and/or installation path may cause compatibility issues when attempting to run The Testament of Sherlock Holmes.
Also, Jack the Ripper touts a rather amusing "feature" on its gamecard (see attachment). =D

justanoldgamer: Edit: Did any other Francophone do a double take at seeing the word feculent used in that manner? Same etymology in both language, two very different definitions.
Where do you mean? Are you talking about it being used in the description one of the gamecards, or something else? (And are you viewing the store in French or English?)
Attachments:
Post edited April 29, 2016 by HunchBluntley
justanoldgamer: The second I have money in the bank, those very appealing games appear. You're spying on me GOG, aren't you?

Edit: Did any other Francophone do a double take at seeing the word feculent used in that manner? Same etymology in both language, two very different definitions.
Dalswyn: Well spotted! This sure is an intriguing faux-ami. Any idea on what an english equivalent would be?
They do not seem to have an exact equivalent, just the adjective starchy which is use to describe something containing starch: Potatoes are starchy vegetables.
justanoldgamer: Edit: Did any other Francophone do a double take at seeing the word feculent used in that manner? Same etymology in both language, two very different definitions.
HunchBluntley: Where do you mean? Are you talking about it being used in the description one of the gamecards, or something else? (And are you viewing the store in French or English?)
It was in the OP but they seem to have edited it now and use seedy instead. I think it read "feculent street of Whitechapel" if I remember it correctly. I do not know why it was edited, it seems to be an old word (in English) that fell into disuse (there's a better word to say but I can't remember it right now) but looked good to describe a 19th century setting.
Post edited April 29, 2016 by justanoldgamer
Awesome releases, now bring out Contradiction: Spot the Liar, it's DRM free anyway on steam
HunchBluntley: Also, Jack the Ripper touts a rather amusing "feature" on its gamecard (see attachment). =D
He is a feature no more ;)
HunchBluntley: Where do you mean? Are you talking about it being used in the description one of the gamecards, or something else? (And are you viewing the store in French or English?)
justanoldgamer: It was in the OP but they seem to have edited it now and use seedy instead. I think it read "feculent street of Whitechapel" if I remember it correctly. I do not know why it was edited, it seems to be an old word (in English) that fell into disuse (there's a better word to say but I can't remember it right now) but looked good to describe a 19th century setting.
Weird. Maybe, on second thought, they feared people who live in modern-day Whitechapel would be offended by the characterization, and changed the word? =)

HunchBluntley: Also, Jack the Ripper touts a rather amusing "feature" on its gamecard (see attachment). =D
Thiev: He is a feature no more ;)
But it's immortalized in my screencap forevermore! =D

EDIT: "Forvermore" is not a word.
Post edited April 30, 2016 by HunchBluntley
Is there any problem with the game file for Sherlock Holmes versus Jack the Ripper ?
The GOG downloader goes directly to paused, when I try to download this game.
I haven't had any problems with the other Sherlock Holmes games or the extra goodies.
jorgena: Is there any problem with the game file for Sherlock Holmes versus Jack the Ripper ?
I haven't had any problems with the other Sherlock Holmes games or the extra goodies.
Same problem here. Ripper goes directly into paused mode, no clue why?
jorgena: Is there any problem with the game file for Sherlock Holmes versus Jack the Ripper ?
MBiL_248: Same problem here. Ripper goes directly into paused mode, no clue why?
Try again in a minute, I found the problem and it will be fixed shortly.
EDIT: should work fine now.
Post edited April 29, 2016 by Thiev
Thiev: Try again in a minute, I found the problem and it will be fixed shortly.
Hm, Judas is usually the one that takes care of such problems, are you Thieving the Thievin' Bastard's job?
MBiL_248: Same problem here. Ripper goes directly into paused mode, no clue why?
Thiev: Try again in a minute, I found the problem and it will be fixed shortly.
You're a worthy Tech Commander, thank you very much! :)

May I ask you on this occasion: Will the Silver Earring get multilanguage support in future as well?
JMich: Hm, Judas is usually the one that takes care of such problems, are you Thieving the Thievin' Bastard's job?
"My code is compiling"
so I'm browsing the forums ;)

MBiL_248: May I ask you on this occasion: Will the Silver Earring get multilanguage support in future as well?
Unfortunately I don't have any solid info at the moment. We are always working towards bringing additional languages though.
MBiL_248: May I ask you on this occasion: Will the Silver Earring get multilanguage support in future as well?
Thiev: Unfortunately I don't have any solid info at the moment. We are always working towards bringing additional languages though.
A veracious diplomatic answer. ;)
Post edited April 29, 2016 by MBiL_248
MBiL_248: A veracious diplomatic answer. ;)
The only one I can give for now ;)