It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Eliminating the impossible, embracing the improbable

Four Sherlock Holmes games, chronicling the point'n'click exploits of the brilliant consulting detective, are available now, DRM-free on GOG.com, with a 60% launch discount if purchased individually or 80% as part of the <span class="bold">221b Baker Street</span> bundle.

The somber sound of a deftly played violin spills in from the adjacent room. Sherlock must be in a mood again. The good doctor takes another look at the notebook where he keeps records of his dear friend's most spectacular adventures. Hmm, which one should he write about in an attempt to lift his spirits?

Maybe about <span class="bold">The Awakened</span>. This is where they faced a sinister cult worshiping terrible gods and had to unravel a downward spiral of senseless brutality and madness. The recollection still gives Watson shivers.

What about that time when the ultimate puzzle-solver met his <span class="bold">Nemesis</span>, as he engaged in a mental duel with the legendary gentleman thief Arsene Lupin?

Perhaps he can write about how they chased the infamous <span class="bold">Jack the Ripper</span> through the seedy Whitechapel district, while painstakingly examining those horrible murder scenes.

He is somewhat reluctant to recount <span class="bold">The Testament of Sherlock Holmes</span>. A thrilling case to be sure, but also one that revealed his companion's darker side, as he was fighting to clear his name of some truly vile accusations.

This is harder than he thought. See, they are all so chock-full of suspense, brilliant brain teasers, fateful encounters, and picturesque locales. Perhaps it's time to consult the charismatic man in the other room. After all, this is how they managed to tackle all those challenges in the first place: as a team.

Exercise your crime-solving skills in four adventures featuring the legendary Sherlock Holmes, DRM-free on GOG.com. The 60/80% discounts for <span class="bold">221b Baker Street</span> will last for the duration of the Bundleopolis Sale.
Vythonaut: They look beautiful for sure and the price is a steal for someone who haven't played any of them. Great releases GOG, congrats! :)
yup for the ones who love and can play 3d games they are very good, i cant play these, so i stick to old 2d, but although theres tons of these 2d games still out there, they don't seem to be that popular compared to FPP and 3d games....
they have very little votes.....

the worst thing is, those 2d games that are available are craploaded with DRM (steam or other shites like starforce / tages/ securom) its kinda sad ....
gamesfreak64: The Secret Files
also seems the publishers/devs of the Secret Files cant part aswell with their DRM in these good games, ah well... better luck next time i guess...
You can buy all Secret Files titles without DRM in Germany, I own a collection with all four parts. So it's possible we will see them here in the future as well.
I just played The Awakened and it was a very good game. I remember being impressed by the graphics at the time.
Who knows, who knows... but I think I'll grab another game from the point and click bundle.
jcoa: No Consulting Detective Sherlock games? Those would have been perfect for gog.
I really like that series. I have 1 of fhem on diskette with The printed out "Times" that you can browse through for necessary background on the cases. Without it, it will prove quite difficult.
BTW, I instabought the Holmes series.
Evn though they are a bit cheesy, I'd love to see the CSI games here if they can manage to work around Macromedia Director and (gasp) !@# Quicktime...
Post edited April 29, 2016 by jorlin
gamesfreak64: well i am happy to see the sherlock holmes fans got some of the point and click games and that they are pleased with these.

i checked the videos: all 3d with lots of rotating ...so i skip on these ones :D

too bad the old point and click adventures in 2d arent here..
MBiL_248: You can change the view to a classical point & click perspective for every title if you wish so. :)

(That's exactly the way I'm playing Awakened, Nemesis and Ripper.)
Thanks for the reply.

So yo can switch to real 2d you mean ? (like wadjet eye games)
If so why arent there any reviews or videos on it anywhere? and why dont they mention about that?

Anyway i dont think these 3d games will behave real 2d like shardlight, kathy rain and all good 2d classic point and click, i think 3d arrived after the 2d period, cause the first 3d engines were crap..(been playing english games since my 12th) and some kid games before that :D so i have seen the rise of the 3d...

Tbh, i think 3d is still crap, its to blocky (pointy vector arms, weird arm gestures, and more like that)
Imho 3d is best for: FPP like: COD, The Witcher and games like that, these look very realistic.
For flightsims, racing games and even sportgames like tennis and footbal and soccer, not for point and click/adventures.

To use 3d for games like HOMM and LSL (leisure suit larry) and Fallout , and Commandos, however is
a total disgrace to the wonderfull good old classic versions of these games.
MBiL_248: You can change the view to a classical point & click perspective for every title if you wish so. :)

(That's exactly the way I'm playing Awakened, Nemesis and Ripper.)
gamesfreak64: Thanks for the reply.

If so why arent there any reviews or videos on it anywhere? and why dont they mention about that?

Anyway i dont think these 3d games will behave real 2d like shardlight, kathy rain and all good 2d classic point and click, i think 3d arrived after the 2d period, cause the first 3d engines were crap..(been playing english games since my 12th) and some kid games before that :D so i have seen the rise of the 3d...

Tbh, i think 3d is still crap, its to blocky (pointy vector arms, weird arm gestures, and more like that)
Imho 3d is best for: FPP like: COD, The Witcher and games like that, these look very realistic.
For flightsims, racing games and even sportgames like tennis and footbal and soccer, not for point and click/adventures.

To use 3d for games like HOMM and LSL (leisure suit larry) and Fallout , and Commandos, however is
The first time I really liked the 3D visuals in a Holmes game was The Testament of Sherlock Holmes, but you really can play the older titles in a satisfying manner if you choose the 2D perspective. It's not handdrawn 2D of course, but the 3D graphics will be treated as 2D locations.

This trailer shows a mix from the original 3D and the new 2D mode which came with the remastered editions: Link

Edit: While the trailer offers a quick mix between both modes, there's no need for you in the entire game to play in 3D, I've completed all three games a couple of times in the pseudo 2D view. You can play Testament in such a mode as well, but there I prefer the new 3rd person 3D view as you know it from The Witcher 2 & 3.

Edit2: And yes, you're absolutely right, 3D was crap for a long, long time and many, many games would have looked far better in 2D.
Post edited April 29, 2016 by MBiL_248
The second I have money in the bank, those very appealing games appear. You're spying on me GOG, aren't you?

Edit: Did any other Francophone do a double take at seeing the word feculent used in that manner? Same etymology in both language, two very different definitions.

Edit 2: They edited it, it was used to describe the streets of Whitechapel.
Post edited April 29, 2016 by justanoldgamer
I already own physical copies of all those games, so I won't be buying theb undle, but I'm happy to see them here regardless. Gives me hope we'll see the newer games here too.
Pretty good, but like some people have already said, the best one is missing.. Lost Files of Sherlock Holmes: Case of the serrated scalpel. Hope it arrives on GoG one day too.
Kiatrasi: Pretty good, but like some people have already said, the best one is missing.. Lost Files of Sherlock Holmes: Case of the serrated scalpel. Hope it arrives on GoG one day too.
That one and its successor are owned by EA, so I think a future release is possible.
gamesfreak64: Thanks for the reply.

MBiL_248: The first time I really liked the 3D visuals in a Holmes game was The Testament of Sherlock Holmes, but you really can play the older titles in a satisfying manner if you choose the 2D perspective. It's not handdrawn 2D of course, but the 3D graphics will be treated as 2D locations.

This trailer shows a mix from the original 3D and the new 2D mode which came with the remastered editions: Link

Edit: While the trailer offers a quick mix between both modes, there's no need for you in the entire game to play in 3D, I've completed all three games a couple of times in the pseudo 2D view. You can play Testament in such a mode as well, but there I prefer the new 3rd person 3D view as you know it from The Witcher 2 & 3.

Edit2: And yes, you're absolutely right, 3D was crap for a long, long time and many, many games would have looked far better in 2D.
Thanks for the link, i watched the video but there is still rotating the screen by x degrees (also motionsickness)

check this link on youtube

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL3Y9CB-DPHGn69ZRNnuHndTNdqP5q1DAl

Lost Chronicles of Zerzura Walkthrough
sky333walker8 videos143 viewsLast updated on May 3, 2014
this will give a page with the chapters for the walkthrough of zerzura
i watched a lot of the episodes. and they seem to be okay for me, as far as i could see there was a nasty echo in the final chapter, but thats easily solved i will turn the volume down on that sector

I have the game but, it needs steam to download (i have it on XP partition on my pc)
once installed it runs on win7 64 bits.

The reason i would like to have these games here on GoG aswell instead only on Steam and/or Gamersgate is the fact that:

GoG is better, relaxed
GoG policy is better,
GoG privacy is better,

GoG staff, GoG tech staff, and all other GoG crew are much friendlier then the ones on GG and steam ( i dont know any steam staff, and i dont want to contact them either so thats why i stick with very cheap games, so in the event a game wont work its no big loss)

GoG community is far better then anywhere else.
Post edited April 29, 2016 by gamesfreak64
Thank you Gog and Frogwares, am delighted to see these here:)
gamesfreak64: Thanks for the link, i watched the video but there is still rotating the screen by x degrees (also motionsickness)
There's no rotating on screen, I had massive problems with motion sickness with Awakened for myself (couldn't play it more than a couple of minutes), but the Remastered edtion has only slight zooms (and cut scenes, of course). It's no real 2D adventure, but it was bearable for me. The trailer mixes both modes very often and quick, so it's not easy to see the difference.

I know and own Chronicles of Zerzura, and yes, it would be a fine addition to GOG's catalogue as well and of course it looks far better than the early 3D Holmeses.
Sherlock Holmes and the Case of the Silver Earring is good. It's an earlier title so don't expect to move around the room the same way as in Sherlock Holmes the Awakened.

Sherlock Holmes the Awakened Remastered fixes the illogical difficulty that the original release had. You won't get motion sickness when moving around, because I know the original game made me feel odd.

Remastered will help you find clues if you want. The original game made me angry with having to check everywhere for clues because I couldn't tell what I was looking at. I never got past two or three locations. Mostly the motion sickness made me feel disoriented. After this, I stopped buying brand new games until I read about them in a review. Finally, with Remastered I can play the game.

(Stares at old copy of the Awakened original in closet.)

I guess I'll just keep that original release locked up. It will never see the light of day again. XD

The original Sherlock Holmes Nemesis has some difficult puzzles, but you can always use a walkthrough if you aren't sure what to do after trying each part of the game. The Remastered edition helped get rid of some odd bugs that were in the original release.

jack the Ripper is your typical game from the series. You finally get to try and grab Jack the Ripper.

I have no idea about Testament.

There are some great video reviews on Youtube for the games and Gamefaqs.com show player and critic reviews.

I grabbed the bundle mostly for The Awakened Remastered. Now, once I am done with Corpse Party PC, I'll have tons of time to play these games. I still want to finish Fran Bow as well. Then, I'm going back into my backlog.

(Eyes Grim Fandango Remastered and Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis.) Sure, those will work just fine.
MBiL_248: You can buy all Secret Files titles without DRM in Germany, I own a collection with all four parts. So it's possible we will see them here in the future as well.
Hum. I played through Case of the Serrated Scalpel and Case of the Rose Tattoo (both of them excellent games) - what other Lost Files titles are there?

To GoG: thanks for strolling down the roads to Baker Street. :)