It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The grandest of grand.

<span class="bold">Europa Universalis III Complete</span>, among the grandest of grand strategy games, is available now, DRM-free on GOG.com. Get 66% off your game, or an entire <span class="bold">75% off if you get it alongside the DLC Collection.</span>

The Europa Universalis series is, without a doubt, one of the most legendary and influential grand strategy titles ever released. It singlehandedly spawned a generation of Paradox Interactive titles including Hearts of Iron, Crusader Kings and Victoria - all the while remaining the most well-rounded strategy simulator out there. Europa Universalis III is a great starting point on your grand strategy adventure, it'll give you the opportunity to learn the basics and try the many facets of Paradox's signature gameplay - and perhaps move on to a deeper, more focused experience. Or perhaps you enjoy being the lord of every domain. The choice, as always in Europa Universalis III, is truly yours.

You can also pick up the <span class="bold">DLC Collection.</span>, full of additional content and full blown expansions including Heir to the Throne and Divine Wind.

<span class="bold">Europa Universalis III Complete</span> is now DRM-free on GOG.com, the launch discount will last for 5 days, until Tuesday, October 13.
vicklemos: I'm curious.
Where did this series originated from? Any clues, champs?
Painted_Doll: From this board game :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CHBWskKHK7o
Wow, looks like fun. And looks like not possible to buy anymore as well.

Crosmando: What is the time period of this game?
You can play from 1399 to 1821. You can start at any date, but the game always ends in 1821, unless you have mods.
Post edited October 09, 2015 by HaaYaargh
Hardrada: Europa Universalis III Complete may have been accurate at the time of it's initial release, but today it is blatantly false advertising, which is illegal in most countries.
Complete is the name of the specific release, not a description, similar to how MIGHT AND MAGIC&reg; 6-PACK LIMITED EDITION isn't in danger of running out of copies.
Hardrada: Europa Universalis III Complete may have been accurate at the time of it's initial release, but today it is blatantly false advertising, which is illegal in most countries.
JMich: Complete is the name of the specific release, not a description, similar to how MIGHT AND MAGIC&reg; 6-PACK LIMITED EDITION isn't in danger of running out of copies.
Try telling that to a judge and see how far you get.
What a shame, I wanted to play as Bolshevik Russia
Hardrada: Try telling that to a judge and see how far you get.
You mean like the "Footlong case", where the plaintiffs preferred to take an out of court settlement instead of taking their chances in court?
Crosmando: What a shame, I wanted to play as Bolshevik Russia
The only game from paradox that covers that period of time is Victoria 2. But if you wan't to play out as one of the sides of the russian revolution you should look at Ageods Revolution Under Siege

Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=60&amp;v=eJAUf6ybVfM
Post edited October 09, 2015 by Matruchus
JMich: Complete is the name of the specific release, not a description, similar to how MIGHT AND MAGIC&reg; 6-PACK LIMITED EDITION isn't in danger of running out of copies.
Because Paradox made a wrong decision in the past should not be an excuse to make it also wrong in the future. I know the use of old release descriptions like limited edition is because using old licensing is easier or maybe necessary, but in that case there were two easy solutions to solve that problem - use the more complete Chronicles edition or, as Paradox should still holds all rights to the series, just create a new release title.
Post edited October 09, 2015 by DukeNukemForever
JMich: You mean like the "Footlong case", where the plaintiffs preferred to take an out of court settlement instead of taking their chances in court?
Is it a false claim? Clearly. Does the claim have the potential to deceive a substantial proportion of it's target audience? I would say yes. Would it affect the purchasing decision of consumers? Of course.
That is what is required to be considered false advertising, and claims that many years ago, when you first made the claim it was accurate are of no relevance when you keep repeating it now.
DukeNukemForever: Because Paradox made a wrong decision in the past should not be an excuse to make it also wrong in the future. I know the use of old release descriptions like limited edition is because using old licensing is easier or maybe necessary, but in that case there were two easy solutions to solve that problem - use the more complete Chronicles edition or as Paradox should still holds all rights to the sereis just create a new release title.
Chronicles would hike the base game's price to $30. I would be in favour of releasing the base game for $10 and all the DLCs/Expansions for $30, as they do on Steam.
Hardrada: Is it a false claim? Clearly.
Depends. Is "Complete" part of the name or a description of the product? Same way as Subway claims "Footlong" is a name and not a description, so while they do try to make each "Footlong" 12", but they don't guarantee it, so does "Europa Universalis 3 Complete" not imply that it is complete.

Hardrada: Does the claim have the potential to deceive a substantial proportion of it's target audience? I would say yes.
Deceive or confuse? One implies malicious intent, the other doesn't.

Hardrada: Would it affect the purchasing decision of consumers? Of course.
Same as "Limited Edition". Buy it now, because we may run out of stock.

Hardrada: That is what is required to be considered false advertising, and claims that many years ago, when you first made the claim it was accurate are of no relevance when you keep repeating it now.
Good. So since we've already established that not all of the above are automatically true, it is not automatically false advertisement. It may be, so one could take their chances in court, but the chances of winning are (imho) not good.
DukeNukemForever: Because Paradox made a wrong decision in the past should not be an excuse to make it also wrong in the future. I know the use of old release descriptions like limited edition is because using old licensing is easier or maybe necessary, but in that case there were two easy solutions to solve that problem - use the more complete Chronicles edition or as Paradox should still holds all rights to the sereis just create a new release title.
Grargar: Chronicles would hike the base game's price to $30. I would be in favour of releasing the base game for $10 and all the DLCs/Expansions for $30, as they do on Steam.
While I think it's always better to release full and complete editions of old releases they still could in that case just call the main release Europa Universalis III and release also an addon/DLC-pack. Of course that would mean that it's hard to see that the main game is not the vanilla edition and also includes some addons, but to use the old release title is and feels so awful wrong from a customer standpoint. But again, as Paradox should still all rights to the series they should have enough options to fix it.
DukeNukemForever: Because Paradox made a wrong decision in the past should not be an excuse to make it also wrong in the future.
What was the wrong decision? Making a collection and calling it complete, or adding content to a game they've decided they no longer wanted to continue expanding? And the German title of this collection is "Europa Universalis III: Kollektion", so they never intended complete to be a description of the package.
While I understand why the name stands 'Complete' thanks to some user in here... what I don't understand is WHY, in the name of all digital gods, GOG isn't selling the Chronicles (the more complete) Edition like every old game out there in catalog. Completely (heh) comprensible in the newest titles, but this game is almost a decade old. That DLC pack next to a so-called "Complete" Edition isn't helping much.

It may be complicated but it is not for me. Unless explanation comes to enlight me. Also, why the upgrade costs 10 bucks more than the base game (without counting on discount)?

Base Game - 15$
DLC Upgrade - 25$

._.
Maverick1988: what I don't understand is WHY, in the name of all digital gods, GOG isn't selling the Chronicles (the more complete) Edition like every old game out there in catalog. Completely (heh) comprensible in the newest titles, but this game is almost a decade old. That DLC pack next to a so-called "Complete" Edition isn't helping much.
Chronicles costs $30 instead of Complete's $15, and Chronicles is also missing some DLCs that are included in the DLC collection.
DukeNukemForever: Because Paradox made a wrong decision in the past should not be an excuse to make it also wrong in the future.
JMich: What was the wrong decision? Making a collection and calling it complete, or adding content to a game they've decided they no longer wanted to continue expanding? And the German title of this collection is "Europa Universalis III: Kollektion", so they never intended complete to be a description of the package.
Of course calling it complete, as they underestimated the demand and popularity of the release. Maybe also because they released the complete edition closely after the last release, but that's not the main point here. If something is obsolote, and in that case it's the description of the release, it should be clear to not use that title for a re-release, especially if you have enough options to do not so.